The Matrix Resurrections

They've chosen well. There's no replacing peak Fishburne and Weaving and their impact on this franchise, but this is a good way of moving forward.
Idk why we even need Mr. Smith in this. Neo has killed him three times. In the real world and the matrix. The last time he took over the matrix entirely and Neo had to make the ultimate sacrifice to kill him. He's played out more than Palpatine.

And why would the machines ever under any circumstances activate Smith again after what he did in Revolutions?

Last edited:
Idk why we even need Mr. Smith in this. Neo has killed him three times. In the real world and the matrix. The last time he took over the matrix entirely and Neo had to make the ultimate sacrifice to kill him. He's played out more than Palpatine in ROS.
I have a good feeling we'll know come December 22. Just a hunch.

I have a good feeling we'll know come December 22. Just a hunch.
I read the plot leak of the whole film. Im still left wondering why she feels this character needed a fourth round. Lana could have done this with a new villain. Or just chosen a plot that didn't operate on fairy dust and the machines being incredibly stupid.

Same. I'm a big fan of Reloaded though, so I guess that helps.
I love Reloaded! It still has some of the best action sequences ever. I enjoy revolutions too, but I feel like Reloaded still doesn't get as much love as it should. I rewatched the trilogy a few months ago and now I feel like it again due to the hype haha.

I love Reloaded! It still has some of the best action sequences ever. I enjoy revolutions too, but I feel like Reloaded still doesn't get as much love as it should. I rewatched the trilogy a few months ago and now I feel like it again due to the hype haha.
The Burly Brawl and Chateau are everything. All the others are fantastic as well. Neo's first run in with Agents, his scuffle with Seraph, the highway chase, Trinity's assault, etc. So gooooood.

I read the plot leak of the whole film. Im still left wondering why she feels this character needed a fourth round. Lana could have done this with a new villain. Or just chosen a plot that didn't operate on fairy dust and the machines being incredibly stupid.
Smith is back?

The Burly Brawl and Chateau are everything. All the others are fantastic as well. Neo's first run in with Agents, his scuffle with Seraph, the highway chase, Trinity's assault, etc. So gooooood.
So many good scenes! I wasn't on forums at the time the film came out so I don't really know why people dislike the film so much.

I’m glad this is coming on HBOMax. Visually looks interesting but I’m really not interested in another storyline where Neo figures out who he is, especially since we know who he is, unlike the first movie where we in the dark like him. And if this is another “love is the key” ending, then definitely will be disappointed.

Idk why we even need Mr. Smith in this. Neo has killed him three times. In the real world and the matrix. The last time he took over the matrix entirely and Neo had to make the ultimate sacrifice to kill him. He's played out more than Palpatine.

And why would the machines ever under any circumstances activate Smith again after what he did in Revolutions?

"Why use old code to make something new?"

Maybe the machines like Smith and are nostalgic about him.

So many good scenes! I wasn't on forums at the time the film came out so I don't really know why people dislike the film so much.

I was forum obsessed at the time, scouring everything for tidbits of information and news. I think many people just felt the sequels had unnecessary bloat - that after the comparatively streamlined and lithe nature of the original film, which was relatively low budget, these were much (much!!) bigger budgeted spectacles aimed at making substantial BO. And with that came the clunky weight of big action cinematic blockbusters.

I wasn’t one of those people. The films have their flaws and there’s a few things I would have changed for sure, but overall I thought they were great and still enjoy the rewatches.

The Matrix Resurrections - Domestic Trailer 2 - 4K UHD

The Matrix Resurrections - Domestic Trailer 2 - 4K UHD (ONLY MUSIC)

I've re-watched Reloaded & Revolutions quite a few times over the years. While not as good as the original, I still enjoy them a good bit. Sometimes theirs a bit too much, I guess "confusing dialogue" or not as easy to digest as the first one. And the themes and overall tone are a bit different. So I get why people will love the first do not love the sequels. But I'm a scifi lover, so the sequels were good enough to me. Could have been better, but I don't feel they are as bad as people make them out.

With all that said, I didn't really watch The Matrix until like 2008 or 09. So I didn't watch the first and wait a few years for the sequel either.

Tried to resist on that new trailer but I crumbled and it looks so good.

No issue at all with Trinity getting more focus either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"