• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just not a fan of this premise.

Fandom: "OMG!! The Marvel heroes going to war with each other, doesn't this look awesome and epic and dramatic?"

Me (one of the handful of dissenters I guess): "No, not really. I've never really wanted to see that, and unfortunately nothng about this really excites me."

29XYmgE.gif

We know. You're sure to remind us at every opportunity of how you're the one sane person not excited about Civil War. Kudos.

Hey everyone has a preference. But I personally a super hyped!

Great images, but does it bother anyone else that Cap's gloves are brown and his boots are black? Lol it's such a nitpick but it's been bothering me since TWS, lol. The boots should be brown!

I agree with you.

I also think the finger-less gloves are dumb, but maybe that's just me.

Great images, but does it bother anyone else that Cap's gloves are brown and his boots are black? Lol it's such a nitpick but it's been bothering me since TWS, lol. The boots should be brown!
I don't mind this.

I agree with you.

Fingerless gloves is weird, and it's a nitpick I share.

I actually think the gloves are way better than the red ones he had in The Avengers. They looked goofy.

The fingerless gloves look actually works quite well for a modernized look for Cap.

It is common science that wearing fingerless gloves makes someone 110 percent tougher.

How much hate Bucky gets in this forum? I see none.

Maybe I'm over exaggerating, but I see people bashing Bucky because he's shooting Tony. One comment said that they "hope Iron Man rips off Bucky's arm and beats him to death with it." Someone else tried to downplay the importance to Steve Rogers. Please, like The Russo's said, "their relationship is the story of two brothers." Kind of like the Russos huh? It was Bucky's birthday the other day. I wonder if anyone noticed. I bet nobody wished him happy birthday. :(

Fandom: "OMG!! The Marvel heroes going to war with each other, doesn't this look awesome and epic and dramatic?"

Me (one of the handful of dissenters I guess): "No, not really. I've never really wanted to see that, and unfortunately nothng about this really excites me."

Oh well. Have fun with that.

Maybe I'm over exaggerating, but I see people bashing Bucky because he's shooting Tony. One comment said that they "hope Iron Man rips off Bucky's arm and beats him to death with it." Someone else tried to downplay the importance to Steve Rogers. Please, like The Russo's said, "their relationship is the story of two brothers." Kind of like the Russos huh? It was Bucky's birthday the other day. I wonder if anyone noticed. I bet nobody wished him happy birthday. :(

There's only so much empathy you can have for a person trying to shoot another person in the face.

If Bucky can be saved and rehabilitated great, but it shouldn't happen at the expense of others.

I agree with you.

How's he supposed to show off the nailpolish he borrowed from Wanda if he's wearing full gloves, The Shape?? Huh? How?!

Tell-me-how-GIF.gif

Those sound like comments from tumblr fangirls of Tony's.

So lets chat about the airport battle guys. When in the movie do you think this occurs? We know that Ant-Man and Spidey won't join the film until "later on". We also know that the battle occurs before things get SUPER serious. Tony is still joking at the beginning of the battle, while Rhodey is still okay. And we also know from D23 that Clint and Natasha have some friendly banter during the fight, which makes me think that things haven't gotten too bad yet.

What do you guys think?

It could be the finale of Act II me thinks.

I voiced this complaint months ago when this art was first shown. Cap's suit looks aesthetically better with brown boots with the brown gloves. Not the black boots.

So lets chat about the airport battle guys. When in the movie do you think this occurs? We know that Ant-Man and Spidey won't join the film until "later on". We also know that the battle occurs before things get SUPER serious. Tony is still joking at the beginning of the battle, while Rhodey is still okay. And we also know from D23 that Clint and Natasha have some friendly banter during the fight, which makes me think that things haven't gotten too bad yet.

What do you guys think?

So from what we know:

- The fight probably takes place relatively late in the film but is not the final battle.

- The Lego set claims the point of the fight is Bucky trying to escape and Team Iron Man trying to stop him.

- Rhodey gets injured at some point.

- There are scenes of just Steve and Bucky fighting without Falcon or the other members of Team Cap, including what looks to be the "Final" battle of the movie (Cap and Bucky vs. Iron Man).

- There's a scene of Cap and Bucky in a Quinjet.

- The last half hour of the movie is said to be "brutal".

Here's what I'm thinking:

Things haven't quite escalated that badly yet, hence people still cracking jokes during the fight.

Cap and Bucky are trying to escape to pursue some thread Iron Man doesn't want them to. (Zemo? Whatever is in that tank?) The fight is at an airport, so perhaps they point is they're trying to hijack a plane.

My guess? The other members of Team Cap try to stay behind and hold off the rest of Iron Man's team so Cap and Bucky can escape and head off on their mission. They manage this, and Cap and Bucky slip away in a Quinjet.

Iron Man and War Machine try to pursue them in the air, which is when War Machine is shot down and injured. Stark has to break off pursuit to save him (look at the scene where he unmasks Rhodey. They both look to be in an impact crater). So Cap and Bucky escape, and Iron Man is pissed. No more Mr. Nice Stark.

The rest of Team Cap (Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Ant-Man) is rounded up and maybe the other members of Team Iron Man are too injured or exhausted, so Iron Man has to pursue Cap and Bucky on his own, leading to the final confrontation.

What do you guys think?

I think in placement within the film, the airport battle will be the eqivilent of the highway fight in The Winter Solider. The battle to close out the second act.

I'm starting to wonder what exactly happens to Falcon. I noticed he's not present at all in what appears to be the later fights in the film.

I wonder if he's taken down at some point or if he's one of the people who bows out of the fight. It'd actually be very out of character for Sam to just abandon Cap or Bucky. Maybe he allows himself to be caught so Cap and Buck can go do whatever it is they need to do.

Maybe he allows himself to be caught so Cap and Buck can go do whatever it is they need to do.

That's actually what I'm assuming. The rest of Team Cap is either taken down or sacrifice themselves by allowing themselves to get captured so Cap and Bucky can complete the mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"