God of War The Official God of War Thread - Part 2

Having a recap option is a great idea.

Damn, starting off with Ol' Yeller. And then into child abuse

Man just played two hours of this and i have been smiling the entire time so good so far!!!

Picked it up at Target on my way in to work this morning. Can't wait to fire it up tonight.

As it's cross-platform I may pick up a PS4 copy somewhen. Just went back to platinum the first.

Just finished my first play through which took about 26 hours and man what a great game this is congrats to Sony Santa Monica and the rest of the team for creating such a epic masterpiece I am curious where this franchise can go next with the way it ends I can see some spin-off for sure but I want to know what’s next

I really thought they would struggle to top the first game but from what I am hearing this actually does. Shame I have to wait to play this but I really do want to give it all of my attention so it will be worth it

Looks like I might be binging this on the weekend. :cool:

Well, getting on this even earlier with some unexpected days off work but will need to finish the whole thing (with a mate on his PS5) before Sunday.

It's started really well.

Freya, Fenrir, Faye, baby bears :csad:

I just finished story mode, simply put without spoilers this is one of the greatest games I've ever played. I never thought I'd tear up multiple times playing a God of War game but here we are. This was the next-gen game I was waiting for and it more than delivered. I haven't done side missions or post-game stuff yet I'm going to start tackling some of the secret endings next.

Christopher Judge should get a Oscar if he could especially with some of the last custscenes in the story
Judge is the GOAT, as was the supporting cast. I thought Richard Schiff was an odd choice for Odin but I still found him to be a compelling character.

Seeing Kratos so overcome with emotion was powerful to watch and got the tears flowing, especially "Loki will go, Atreus remains." :csad:

There definitely needs to be more recognition for video game acting since it's evolved so much over the last decade with the now-common practice of mocap. The performances in God of War and other games like The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption II can go toe to toe with the best of Hollywood.

It's not specific to GoW, but yeah, give us an option to turn off the damn chatter.

Judge is the GOAT, as was the supporting cast. I thought Richard Schiff was an odd choice for Odin but I still found him to be a compelling character.

Seeing Kratos so overcome with emotion was powerful to watch and got the tears flowing, especially "Loki will go, Atreus remains." :csad:

There definitely needs to be more recognition for video game acting since it's evolved so much over the last decade with the now-common practice of mocap. The performances in God of War and other games like The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption II can go toe to toe with the best of Hollywood.

When Kratos said that to Atreus/Loki in the game I kid you not I had tears rolling down my cheeks. a video game has never made me cry the closest was LOU part 2 when Joel dies but I think those were tears of anger rather than joy lol

Finished this the other night and what a joy, start to finish. Overall I think what impressed me the most was how well written the characters were. They just even the smallest characters their own arcs, so by the end, you really felt the consequences of every action leading up to the finale. Just beautiful stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"