God of War The Official God of War Thread - Part 2

Imo, they just mentioned it last year to entice people to buy a ps5.... not that the game was ready for 2021... they didn't have a single footage ready.

Imagine securing a ps5 in 2020 for God of War, only to found out the game is delayed to 2022. Even Gran Turismo had something to present and that was officially delayed way earlier than this.

Btw, does anyone know if this is going to PS4 too? I've heard it will, but, as far as I know, nothing official.

Btw, does anyone know if this is going to PS4 too? I've heard it will, but, as far as I know, nothing official.
Nothing has been said about that.

As of today, Horizon Zero Dawn is the last first party game scheduled for the PS4. Returnal, Ratchet/Clank and Gran Turismo are all PS5 eXclusives.

If they're making the Norse games a trilogy then I wonder where this game ends and the last one begins.

Obviously we'll face Thor in this one and they can save Odin for a last but Ragnarok is a pretty concurrent set of events. It seems too big for One game, and two small for Two games.

If this game is entirely set during fimbulwinter then I can see it stretching but, I feel like for Atreus sake they'll skip past these next 3 years so that gets older.

Do we have any idea whatsoever as to when we MIGHT get some news or footage from this game?

Even if we get some footage this year, a release isn't guaranteed for neXt year. Mostly because the first footage for the last game was dropped in 2016 and the game was released in 2018. Add in the covid factor, who knows how much more time they need to finish this. Unless its going to be similar to Ratchet/Returnal, game is released the next year after the first official footage.

They didn't have a single footage last year despite saying its going to be out this year. And I don't know why Sony isn't even making it clear that God of War won't be released this year. Its like they just forgot that they announced a 2021 release for this game.... which looked a blatant lie in order to hype people up with the ps5.

Even if we get some footage this year, a release isn't guaranteed for neXt year. Mostly because the first footage for the last game was dropped in 2016 and the game was released in 2018. Add in the covid factor, who knows how much more time they need to finish this. Unless its going to be similar to Ratchet/Returnal, game is released the next year after the first official footage.

They didn't have a single footage last year despite saying its going to be out this year. And I don't know why Sony isn't even making it clear that God of War won't be released this year. Its like they just forgot that they announced a 2021 release for this game.... which looked a blatant lie in order to hype people up with the ps5.

They just hope we forgot.

Sony's executive decisions have been subpar since 2019.

God of War (2018) is coming to PC

**** yes, outta nowhere! And it's already the #1 top seller:

eBWN6Lc.png

Love that we’re essentially in the ending stages of “console exclusivity”, at least as far as PC players are concerned.

Yeah but it still looks like there'll be a 3-4 year window between Playstation releases and their PC ports so as not to piss off PS4/PS5 owners, which is more than fair. Besides, anyone who's a fan of God of War or Horizon likely already owns a Playstation console anyway. I assume PC gamers are likely to be more patient about waiting for the ports.

Yeah but it still looks like there'll be a 3-4 year window between Playstation releases and their PC ports so as not to piss off PS4/PS5 owners, which is more than fair. Besides, anyone who's a fan of God of War or Horizon likely already owns a Playstation console anyway. I assume PC gamers are likely to be more patient about waiting for the ports.
Sackboy has been found in Steam's database, and could be out soon.

What I don't like about this is - those who are never going to buy a PlayStation have now more to play (good for them and seeing these games finally getting mods is cool). This is good for Microsoft Windows (owner of XboX), as I don't think plenty of pc users are playing through Mac's os.

While hardcore loyal Playstation fans, are still not getting a taste of a single Gears game or any games from Microsoft that are only accessible to PC and XboX. Microsoft has been agressive by purchasing plenty of studios and new games from the likes of Bethesda are no longer coming to PlayStation and Sony is doing this?

I feel like these ports is taking away something away from PlayStation, and doesn't really benefit Playstation fans/players especially those who were sure that God of War is only accessible to PlayStation and had to buy a Playstation just to play God of War - which has been eXclusive to PlayStation for almost two decades until recently. Same thing could be said to Uncharted, Horizon, Days Gone and soon Sackboy.

Like sure, its more money for Sony but they aren't making their games cheaper (70 dollars right away for their ps5 games) and they already did so well in the last gen with these "eXclusives". New games from their franchises, would still take a long time to come out, if not longer.

If I know porting these games to Windows would improve the overall quality of Sony games, speed up production of their big games and lead toMicrosoft Studios porting their own games to Playstation then okay. But I haven't read a report like that.

Last edited:
The extra money can be used to keep the budgets for their big games high. Hope so anyway.

Sackboy has been found in Steam's database, and could be out soon.

What I don't like about this is - those who are never going to buy a PlayStation have now more to play (good for them and seeing these games finally getting mods is cool). This is good for Microsoft Windows (owner of XboX), as I don't think plenty of pc users are playing through Mac's os.

While hardcore loyal Playstation fans, are still not getting a taste of a single Gears game or any games from Microsoft that are only accessible to PC and XboX. Microsoft has been agressive by purchasing plenty of studios and new games from the likes of Bethesda are no longer coming to PlayStation and Sony is doing this?

I feel like these ports is taking away something away from PlayStation, and doesn't really benefit Playstation fans/players especially those who were sure that God of War is only accessible to PlayStation and had to buy a Playstation just to play God of War - which has been eXclusive to PlayStation for almost two decades until recently. Same thing could be said to Uncharted, Horizon, Days Gone and soon Sackboy.

Like sure, its more money for Sony but they aren't making their games cheaper (70 dollars right away for their ps5 games) and they already did so well in the last gen with these "eXclusives". New games from their franchises, would still take a long time to come out, if not longer.

If I know porting these games to Windows would improve the overall quality of Sony games, speed up production of their big games and lead toMicrosoft Studios porting their own games to Playstation then okay. But I haven't read a report like that.
All valid points. The main reason why I went with a PS4 after choosing Xbox 360 in the previous generation was because of how promising their exclusive games were compared to Xbox, and I still stand by that to this day. I grew tired of Halo and Gears of War because they started to become repetitive. Games like Uncharted and The Last of Us were what drew me in. There hasn't been an Xbox exclusive that I've wanted to play since the days of the 360.

I always viewed PC gaming as a league of its own. The only PC games that I played were the ones that basically everyone played, like The Sims and Rollercoaster Tycoon. It can be an expensive hobby to keep up with the proper specs of a fully equipped gaming PC. For that alone, as a Playstation console owner that uses it for more than just gaming these days, I don't mind if some of the Sony exclusives get ported over to PC a few years after their initial release.

All valid points. The main reason why I went with a PS4 after choosing Xbox 360 in the previous generation was because of how promising their exclusive games were compared to Xbox, and I still stand by that to this day. I grew tired of Halo and Gears of War because they started to become repetitive. Games like Uncharted and The Last of Us were what drew me in. There hasn't been an Xbox exclusive that I've wanted to play since the days of the 360.

I always viewed PC gaming as a league of its own. The only PC games that I played were the ones that basically everyone played, like The Sims and Rollercoaster Tycoon. It can be an expensive hobby to keep up with the proper specs of a fully equipped gaming PC. For that alone, as a Playstation console owner that uses it for more than just gaming these days, I don't mind if some of the Sony exclusives get ported over to PC a few years after their initial release.
For me what is worrisome is these Pc ports are coming out so soon after another. I was thinking maybe 1 or 2 a year but that doesn't seem like the case. Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy Pc port isn't out yet but we already know God of War 2018 is coming out too. And then Sackboy (a game eXclusive to ps4 AND ps5) is now just hidden in Steam files. How long is that announced as well? Probably won't take years from now. Returnal probably is neXt as well.

The thing is I know so many PC players that won't ever buy a console, because they love how can they upgrade their Pc, their gaming setup. Instead of spending 500 dollars to ps5 and controllers, they could just spend their money to a more powerful graphics card and these Ps games would just look better in PC than in Ps5. these ports are just going to give them another reason to ever not buy a ps5, knowing that PS games are now coming to pc, like very frequently. The 4 to 5year wait for the pc port of Forbidden West/Ragnarök won't matter as PC gamers are getting so Pc ports of Ps' older games in the meantime. And thats if its going to take 4 years for them to port those two games to pc.

Also in terms of big ps4 games, there are about a dozen I could think of that were console sellers. I think Spider-Man 2018, Last of Us Part 1/2, Ghost of Tsushima are the only big ps4 eXclusives that remain that have yet to announce a pc port. While MLB is now accessible to Series X. I don't think this is going benefit for the long term success of the ps5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"