The Official Green Lantern Rumors/Speculation Thread - Part 1

How would Frank Dillane work as Green Lantern?
Is he truly more of a villain type? Maybe Sinestro instead? Then I envision a really ruthless version.

But as Warner Bros cast against character, maybe Green Lantern after all?

Last edited:
Hal Jordan- James Marsden (slam dunk as I am concerned...he looks like Hal so much and he would definitely nail the character)

John Stewart- Sterling K Brown (This Is Us)
Guy Gardner- Joseph Sikora (Power)
Kyle Rayner- Rami Malek
Carol Ferris- Alison Brie
Jessica Cruz- Gina Rodriguez
Kilowog- Kevin Michael Richardson (voice)
Tomar-Re- Doug Jones (voice)
Sinestro- Luke Evans
Larfleeze- David Tennant
Atrocitus- Daniel Craig

I don't like your picks for Hal or Kyle but the rest is very good. Marsden has had his chances as a lead actor and always gives below average performances. He's just a pretty mediocre actor IMO. And, not sure what it is about Malek, but I just don't like him. As a supporting character I guess he's fine, but, I'd prefer a better actor (not necessarily a bigger name, but just a better actor).

Sterling K. Brown has always been my pick for John Stewart though, great call on that.

This thread is quite slow.
Can we come up with more actor suggestions for Hal?
Elijah Wood, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, David Gallagher, Rollo Weeks, Michael Angarano, Freddie Highmore etc etc

I mean if you want actors for Hal Jordan in the DCEU then the only ones that come to mind right now at least for me:

James Marsden
Armie Hammer
Joseph Gordon Levitt
Jon Hamm
Karl Urban
John Krasinski
Joel Edgerton
Bradley Cooper
Jake Gyllenhaal

Gyllenhaal is the best sugestion there. By far!!! Levitt is no 2.

Urban must surely be too old now.

Other actors who have been discussed also in the past that I can actually see as Hal

Jamie Dornan
Jack Reynor
Glenn Howerton

But then I also think of Alden Ehrenreich who played Han Solo in Solo A Star Wars Story, Taylor Kitsch, Garrett Hedlund, Glen Powell

Oh, now it's too many, lol.
Let's narrow it down to Gyllenhaal, Levitt, Zegers and Liam Aiken.
With Hedlund as a joker in the game (not the villain, lol)

Luke Evans just makes too much sense as Sinestro

Tg11: Maybe.

What about going younger, and have Frank Dillane as the villain?

This thread is quite slow.
Can we come up with more actor suggestions for Hal?
Elijah Wood, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, David Gallagher, Rollo Weeks, Michael Angarano, Freddie Highmore etc etc
Are we talking a hypothetical movie or the HBO series? Because that changes the casting pool.

I have a film in mind.
A TV production only cast unknowns

With Johns producing the HBO Max series, I'm pretty sure all of the focus will go into that instead of any possible films. If the series becomes a hit, then we might see a GLC film down the road a few years if the GenPop's interest in CBMs is still there.

Last edited:
Yeah a GLC mini series at this point makes sense but they need to tie the series directly to the DCEU which is what Marvel is doing with Disney Plus...Warner Brothers needs to do the same with HBO Max and tie the Lantern corps directly into the DCEU interconnected with the heroes who are a part of the timeline

Last edited:
He's also been blacklisted, but...a man can dream.

I wonder how Snyder Cut JL will tie into Green Lantern HBO Max in this reformed, interconnected shared universe since both will be on HBO Max?

10 years ago maybe. He's too old

Weren't they looking for an old Hal Jordan anyway. Caviezel probably fits that age bracket. They could go for the Men in Black dynamic and Tommy Lee Jones was the same age in the first movie that Caviezel is now.

Do you have any director suggestions?
Doug Liman. He's got action, sci-fi, and comedy chops.

You want something more serious? Watch The Borne Identity.

You want comedy? Watch Swingers and Mr. & Mrs. Smith

You want your Sci-fi cred? Watch Edge of Tommorow.

Doug Liman. He's got action, sci-fi, and comedy chops.

You want something more serious? Watch The Borne Identity.

You want comedy? Watch Swingers and Mr. & Mrs. Smith

You want your Sci-fi cred? Watch Edge of Tommorow.
Maybe. But he was explained to have on-set problems, when I suggested him for Green Arrow

So with everything that is going on with race relations and policing, what are the odds a Green Lantern movie/series draws from that, and shows some of the dark underbelly of organized space policing, and efforts to clean it up from the inside? There's often, in modern comics, been sort of an undercurrent of The Guardians being a tad corrupt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"