The Official Green Lantern Rumors/Speculation Thread - Part 1

You dont need people to forget he was GL. They love him as DP now though so why care about what he did as GL? You just need whoever is hal jordan next to not suck. People didn't forget Clooney was batman when Bale was cast. Didnt forget Garfield was spidey when Holland took over. Its not about forgetting it's about being won over with what's new about the property.

You dont need people to forget he was GL. They love him as DP now though so why care about what he did as GL? You just need whoever is hal jordan next to not suck. People didn't forget Clooney was batman when Bale was cast. Didnt forget Garfield was spidey when Holland took over. Its not about forgetting it's about being won over with what's new about the property.
Spidey and Bats are already iconic to the mainstream tho. Hal isn't. It's a much harder sell when the character isn't mainstream AND the only time moviegoers saw him it was horrible

All it takes is good writing and acting. The fact that most people don't even have a concept of what Green Lantern is can be a plus since there are no expectations. It's similar to how there were no expectations towards the Daredevil or Punisher TV shows and people loved those. They didn't care that those characters had failed movies before since they didn't have a lot of mainstream visibility, they won't care about the Fantastic Four having failed movies either if the MCU ends up doing the property justice. With mainstream icons like Batman and Spider-Man there will always be the notion of how those characters are "supposed" to be like. That isn't the case with GL, if Hal is actually given good material this time it's going to be just fine. All people need is one good trailer where the character stands out and they will forget all about RR.

Reynolds has bounced back in spades tho, he's not poison. That role was just written bad.

Reynolds has bounced back in spades tho, he's not poison. That role was just written bad.

When CoIE showed footage from the GL film last night, it was a good indicator that WB isn't running from GL's legacy any more. Jessica has raised GL's profile with a generation of kids, and the Morrison/Sharp title has sparked interest in reader circles. N.K. Jemisin's Far Sector has also gotten some mainstream coverage. WB/DC have made a lot of clever moves to set the stage for the HBO series. If that goes well, we might yet see a GL movie franchise.

He's actually old enough now I can see him as a veteran training some of the younger ones.

I still think Chris Pine was better suited for Hal Jordan than anyone else. IMHO a shame he played Steve Trevor instead. I think he would've made an even better Hal Jordan than Captain Kirk.

I still think Chris Pine was better suited for Hal Jordan than anyone else. IMHO a shame he played Steve Trevor instead. I think he would've made an even better Hal Jordan than Captain Kirk.
Chris Pine was great as Steve Trevor but he could have picked up a bigger role. I’m sure he could have been a great Hal, and him being Hal would have been a big boost to DC universe films.

Marsden? I could see him as a slightly older, more experienced Hal Jordan.

The selfish part of me though wants Hal to be the main guy if they ever made another movie, but oh well.

Another part of me suspects that a new Green Lantern movie will remain in development hell forever.

Or a new cast I would go with:

Hal Jordan- Armie Hammer
John Stewart- John Boyega
Arisia Rrab- Annasophia Robb
Tomar Re- Zachary Quinto
Guy Gardner- KJ Apa (Archie himself)
Katma Tui- Vanessa Hudgens
Jessica Cruz- Gina Rodriguez
Kyle Rayner- Tyler Posey
Laira Omoto- Elodie Yung
Kilowog- Ron Perlman
Mongul- Sean Bean
Sinestro- Luke Evans

How about Alden Ehreinreich from Solo for Hal? He should be free since they’re not doing a Solo sequel.

He didn’t have much charisma as Han. If we’re going with someone from Solo as Green Lantern, Id rather they got Donald Glover. I honestly think Donald Glover would make a better Hal than John.

I dont care how charismatic Glover is I couldn't see him as hal. Glover has turned out to be a very particular actor. One that I'm not even sure I could place in a CBM as a major character.

I’d like to see him as Lex Luthor. He’d kill it

I really want the new film to center around John Stewart, and Stephan James from Amazon Prime's Homecoming and If Beale Street Could Talk has been my pick for a while:

stephan-james-homecoming.jpg

For Hal, I'm still on the Tom Cruise train. But I think there are plenty of actors for that role: Brad Pitt, Bradley Cooper, Ryan Gosling, or Matt Damon spring immediately to mind. If you're going to keep Hal for multiple films alongside John, then perhaps cast slightly younger and less mega A-list: James Marsden or John Krasinksi, for example. Personally, I like the idea that Hal dies heroically in the finale of a GL film, or in a subsequent Justice League crossover film, with John Stewart becoming the primary Lantern.

Last edited:
Hal Jordan- James Marsden (slam dunk as I am concerned...he looks like Hal so much and he would definitely nail the character)

John Stewart- Sterling K Brown (This Is Us)
Guy Gardner- Joseph Sikora (Power)
Kyle Rayner- Rami Malek
Carol Ferris- Alison Brie
Jessica Cruz- Gina Rodriguez
Kilowog- Kevin Michael Richardson (voice)
Tomar-Re- Doug Jones (voice)
Sinestro- Luke Evans
Larfleeze- David Tennant
Atrocitus- Daniel Craig

Kevin Zegers can still work for Hal Jordan.
If they want to go a little younger, then Liam Aiken.

It's the same guys I rooted for the last time here, lol.

Guess what, I throw Logan Lerman in the mix too.

Kevin Zegers as Hal Jordan is a unique choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"