The Official PS4 Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% agree with you Tron. I just don't get it? This is always the case with new consoles, the first year is usually bleh at best. The SNES had some good stuff in it's first year, but games were easier and quicker to make. But since the PSOne era...the 5th Generation I believe, there has always been that weak year. I remember playing Vagrant Story and FFIX on my PSOne/PS2 BC because there was nothing huge out until a year later.

I don't get why some act "shocked' that after quite a few launches like this we don't get anything for a while.

Nintendo did find a clever way around that with Twilight Princess. I suppose Microsoft could have done something similar, and delayed Halo 4 to be a timed Xbox One exclusive.

Though, a lot of the early PS4 titles seemed rushed and unpolished (hello, Killzone Shadow Fall).

Twilight Princess was for both GC and Wii. They did find a way, and now every dev is doing that. Cross Plat the games.

I don't mind them releasing cross plat versions of games or remastered versions of PS3/360 games on the new consoles.

in fact, I'd love to see a Remastered Bioshock Collection (1, 2, and Infinite). Remastered Skyrim. And Remastered ME Trilogy.

I'd get those.

Twilight Princess was for both GC and Wii. They did find a way, and now every dev is doing that. Cross Plat the games.

I know, but they delayed the GC version by a month. So, it was a lunch title and an exclusive.

Aren't most cross plats released on the same day now?

I don't mind them releasing cross plat versions of games or remastered versions of PS3/360 games on the new consoles.

in fact, I'd love to see a Remastered Bioshock Collection (1, 2, and Infinite). Remastered Skyrim. And Remastered ME Trilogy.

I'd get those.

I don't know about Skyrim, but I would be surprised if we don't see a Bioshock collection and a Mass Effect collection for the new consoles.

I suspect we'll see the latter shortly before Mass Effect 4.

I don't know about Skyrim, but I would be surprised if we don't see a Bioshock collection and a Mass Effect collection for the new consoles.

I suspect we'll see the latter shortly before Mass Effect 4.

yeah. probably will.

Mass Effect is the one remaster I really want. And they could really improve Skyrim on next gen hardware.

Mass Effect is the one remaster I really want. And they could really improve Skyrim on next gen hardware.

Given the scope of that, its not going to be some simple port. I kind of feel like that would take a lot of time and resources to do a proper remaster and Bethesda would best be served having that team work on Fallout and the next Elder Scrolls games. Given all the issues Skyrim had with glitches and bugs, it would probably be best not to revisit this and potentially open themselves up to have to deal with that again

If I get a next gen Elder Scrolls anything before Fallout.. I'm going to be pissed.

Given the scope of that, its not going to be some simple port. I kind of feel like that would take a lot of time and resources to do a proper remaster and Bethesda would best be served having that team work on Fallout and the next Elder Scrolls games. Given all the issues Skyrim had with glitches and bugs, it would probably be best not to revisit this and potentially open themselves up to have to deal with that again
Yeah you're right.

remastered versions of Skyrim and ME would be nice, but I'd gladly take the next, new gen installments of those franchises over the remasters. ME4, Fallout 4, Elder Scrolls 6, etc.

and I wouldn't want them diverting resources and delaying the new installments to focus on remasters of old games instead. if they do remasters, those should be handled by a separate team/division from the main games.

I just want to hear SOMETHING about Fallout 4.. ANYTHING.. Come ON Bethesda!

speaking of Fallout 4, has anyone heard rumors that it might be exclusive ( or time exclusive ) to the X1?

some posters on another site were chatting about that.

I hope not, cuz that would really suck...........:(

I think Fallout 4 is probably Bethesda's next project. They might have started the ball rolling already.

speaking of Fallout 4, has anyone heard rumors that it might be exclusive ( or time exclusive ) to the X1?

some posters on another site were chatting about that.

I hope not, cuz that would really suck...........:(

Didn't hear that.. But wouldn't be shocked. MS really knows what they're doing.. Some people like to call it money hat.. but whatever. They want their system to be #1 and this is a way to do it, lol.

Also, Bethesda may feel more comfy with MS. Their games always ran like poop on the PS3.

If the Bethesda games, like Fallout or Elder Scrolls, become X1 exclusives ( full or timed ), THAT would be a huge push for me to get an X1.

so, from that perspective, it would be a major "coup" if MS did manage to work out exclusivity deals with Bethesda.

that being said, I don't think Bethesda would want to risk that. the backlash from PS4 owners would be MASSIVE!!

If the PS4 continues to be the better selling, and more technically powerful, console, Bethesda would be playing with fire if they chose to exclude the entire PS4 fanbase.

timed exclusive DLC for the X1?? maybe.

but full/timed exclusive games? I don't think it will happen.

Last edited:
Nah, but I wouldn't be shocked if they announced a timed exclusive with timed exclusive DLC. Bethesda tends to lean towards MS anyway.

Nah, but I wouldn't be shocked if they announced a timed exclusive with timed exclusive DLC. Bethesda tends to lean towards MS anyway.

guess we'll see whenever they do announce those games.

Elder Scrolls or Fallout being a MS exclusive would be quite the coup.

I can't go through another generation of playing a buggy Bethesda game, so if they sign with Microsoft I'd have to seriously consider getting an Xbox. :csad:

I love Fallout 3, but the PS3 version... tested my resolve. I have six freezes in my first sitting. Granted, I played for about six hours, but still.

Only game that ever gave my loyal PS3 a problem.

I originally bought Skyrim for the PS3. got it release day, too.

I remember when I started the game, on the title screen, I pressed the button to start a new game, then the "fog" screen came up and the Skyrim music kicks in........and it sat on that screen for like 5 minutes.

I figured it was loading something, so I got up and did something else, came back like 20 minutes later, and it was still on the same ******* screen with the music still playing.......

yeah..............buggy.

I've never played a Bethesda game on a Sony console. Never will. I was an Xbox guy last gen and I'll probably keep all of the future ES/FO games on the Xbox.

I have a feeling we'll get ESO first.. before FO4 or ES6.. and I have a feeling it will be F2P. Which is cool.. I actually think the game is fun. Not paying for it because I'm not big on subscription MMO's.. but still fun. It's very much an ES game.

I'd check out ESO if it were F2P.

what happened to the console versions, though?

weren't they supposed to come out in June or something?

Constantly getting delayed. I don't think we'll get it until it's F2P. I fully expect a console announcement to go alongside a free to play announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"