The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a collar would work instead of the V neck, to improve it and it doesn't look as bad on the players as it does just in 'promotion'.

There is a lot of hatred for it on-line I think, the response has not been good. I wish (and I understand why it happens) that clubs would not change strips every season, there should be a law against it, for poor old families with multiple children wanting a new kit every season.

I still buy a shirt when I can or obviously when I like a new version, but same at my club, we've just 'ditched' our best home shirt we've had for decades after only one season and ok, this home shirt for the new season isn't half bad but last year's was better.

Also, for consideration, club colours used to be a 'thing', your home shirt was colour X, your away shirt was colour Y, now it seems, clubs can go with whatever they feel like at the time of design.

Sorry, rant over.

manchester-united-18-19-home-kit-9.jpg

:nuhu::barf:

I like it, something different.

Looks like Chelsea have agreed a fee to sign Golovin from CSKA

Those stripes are terrible!

Fred
Dalot
Lee Grant

Fred is the only one you would say so far might even get into the team to make a difference, the other two will mostly be on the bench. All the other teams around us do seem to have stolen a march on us this summer for whatever reason, top 4 is going to be tough again, Chelsea and Arsenal have brought in a lot and with new managers you dont know whats going to happen with them, some might take time to adjust to the league others might hit the ground running. Chelsea depends a lot on if Courtious and Hazard left. Yeah we need to hope/pray that Sanchez finds his form, the French Pogba returns to us and Lukaku finds a first touch over the summer, otherwise I can see Jose gone by xmas and then we may not make the top 4 anyway.
Oh right, so plenty of work left to do in the transfer market, but also plenty to do in terms of getting current players playing to their full potential.

Interesting piece from the BBC footy section, regarding which players are more than likely (possibly) to move off the back of a decent WC....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44798909

I can certainly see a lot of interest in Pavard and Maguire for anyone building their defence. And would you be happy with the Korean goalkeeper (they suggested Liverpool for him).

Perisic and Willian would not improve us though, they are masively overpriced, too old and lack the output needed for a team with the ambitions we are supposed to have, and frankly we have enough players that lack output and flair, we don't need more players that make us even more boring to watch, the manager should pull his finger out and get more from Martial, Rashford and Sanchez, not spunk £50M on either bang average winger.

You make it seem like that is oh so easy to do, particularly with Rashford & Martial as if they have already proved themselves. If it were easy to get players with potential to fulfill that potential & develop consistency Phil Jones would be hitting his peak & be irreplaceable & Nani/Anderson would also be at the club & be key players still to name but a few of the many players that never made it to the level they had the potential to reach.

Perisic might have improved us or he might not, I don't think we'll ever agree on that, but one thing he (or even Willian) would have done is buy the likes of Martial & Rashford a year or 2 more to develop.

Mourinho sold Salah as he went to Roma on loan under his watch and that loan deal at the option to buy in it which Roma took up,

Mourinho was long gone when Salah officially signed for Roma, all that was in place was a pre-agreed fee between the 2 clubs, Salah was under no obligation to accept.. which he didn't the year prior when he was at Fiorentina on loan & they had a similar pre-agreed fee. Conte or at least Chelsea, still would have had to sign off on Salah or at least make it clear he wasn't wanted back or going to be in the plans of the new manager.

Kane is a better footballer and scores more goals and Spurs have still won **** all, there is more to it than a little goal tally stat, and I am also talking about the CL, his technical deficiencies will always hamper us in big games vs top CL sides where the game will likely hang on one tight chance.

Kane scores more goals, but he also has a hell of a lot more chances/attempts. I remember seeing a 'silly stat' from last season & Kane had the most shots in the Premiership nearly double (90-110 more) than Lukaku, Vardy & Aguero. I think he had like 50 or so more than Salah as well. If a game hinges on 1 chance, Harry Kane's probably the last person you'd want near it.

Some more...

DiS6zLtX4AAePqY.jpg

DiS6zjVWsAAa0o-.jpg

DiS6z0bXUAE5g_c.jpg
Yeah cant say Im a fan of black shorts as standard home kit and the lines on the shirt and socks just look horrid.

Ah well, I suppose its just a kit and at the end of the day its what they do in it that matters more not like I buy them any more.

That is God awful, I had saw a picture of that top a month or so ago & thought it was a training top. Don't like those black lines at the bottom of the shirt or the sock design.

This is why I don't like Adidas, they do the most stupid **** with some strips, wish we were still Nike.

You make it seem like that is oh so easy to do, particularly with Rashford & Martial as if they have already proved themselves. If it were easy to get players with potential to fulfill that potential & develop consistency Phil Jones would be hitting his peak & be irreplaceable & Nani/Anderson would also be at the club & be key players still to name but a few of the many players that never made it to the level they had the potential to reach.

Perisic might have improved us or he might not, I don't think we'll ever agree on that, but one thing he (or even Willian) would have done is buy the likes of Martial & Rashford a year or 2 more to develop.
Martial and Rashford aren't going to get the game time to develop if not only Sanchez, who has done **** all btw, but Willian or Perisic are taking the wide spots game after game, they are at an age where they need to play every week to progress, and they need a manager who supports them through the dips, they aren't getting that because Mourinho is an ******* that isn't interested in progressing young talent, he just wants his ready made guys, and for the record Martial has scored as many goals as Willian in half as many games, so no, neither him or Perisic are an upgrade, we aren't talking Bale or Neymar here.

Mourinho was long gone when Salah officially signed for Roma, all that was in place was a pre-agreed fee between the 2 clubs, Salah was under no obligation to accept.. which he didn't the year prior when he was at Fiorentina on loan & they had a similar pre-agreed fee. Conte or at least Chelsea, still would have had to sign off on Salah or at least make it clear he wasn't wanted back or going to be in the plans of the new manager.
All of this irrelevant, Mourinho was there when Salah was loaned to Roma and he was happy enough for the buy clause to be in the contract, he didn't value him, just like he didn't value De Bruyne, because he only values workhorse's with steely mentalities, it's why Shaw, Pogba, Martial and Rashford have all had issues with him, he's the antithesis of Fergie, Pep, Klopp and Poch when it comes to being a paternal type of figure to young players that need more than a tactics board at times.

Kane scores more goals, but he also has a hell of a lot more chances/attempts. I remember seeing a 'silly stat' from last season & Kane had the most shots in the Premiership nearly double (90-110 more) than Lukaku, Vardy & Aguero. I think he had like 50 or so more than Salah as well. If a game hinges on 1 chance, Harry Kane's probably the last person you'd want near it.
Kane has more shots yes, but you're missing the point, Kane is better than Lukaku, this is a fact, but Spurs still don't win anything, just like Everton didn't with Lukaku, and just like Bent and Phillips and Defoe were good PL goal scorers it didn't make any of them good enough to be the #9 for a side that aims to win the PL and the CL, that is the point.

Liverpool have bid €70M for Alisson, apparently Roma want €75M which Liverpool are likley to meet in add-ons. Hell os a summer for them, two top CM's added and now their weakest position is going to be fixed.

Liverpool have bid €70M for Alisson, apparently Roma want €75M which Liverpool are likley to meet in add-ons. Hell os a summer for them, two top CM's added and now their weakest position is going to be fixed.

Yeah, saw that and thought I already posted it lol (oh..in the WC thread by mistake). Now they are spending big on their weak areas. They are gunning for the title at this rate. No point quibbling over that kind of amount when most clubs quote an extra 30 or 40m.

Btw Hunter I know you've checked out of Utd for now till certain things change. Outside of Liverpool (who I'm sure there's no chance with due to the rivalry), are there any other teams you can get pleasure from watching as a neutral during that time? I was always into football in general as a Toon fan but this really went up a lot when Ashley turned up. Means I can enjoy football even if my team is doing ****.

It's clear that our transfer business has been one of the worst among the top team. Dalot is a great prospect for the future, but that means we have to suffer another year with Valencia and Young as our FB. And we still don't have a RW. For f**k sake, is it really that hard to find a better RW than Mata ? City has Sterling, Bernardo and they still go for Mahrez while we stick with the mighty Mata and Lingard

And CB is a problem too. Bailly has World Class potential but he's still too raw and aggressive, can be a little headless at times. We need a compose CB with great ball-playing skill and Maguire is there waiting. What are you waiting for, Mou ?

:chd::woo::up:

Chelsea are opening the door to a departure for Eden Hazard to Real Madrid, according to @Tanziloic of RMC.

This guy is quite a reliable source for Madrid news.

If he wants to go then no point fighting it. Get the deal done asap at the highest price possible and then look at and reinvest in other players with time to spare.

Real Madrid agree fee for Courtois from Chelsea for 35m Euros.

#DaveStays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"