The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, this is not the game to make a late F up. Luton take advantage - oh wait could be disallowed.

That’s time. Premier league place will be decided by pens! Crazy pressure for teams who haven’t been in the top league for so long.

The penalties have been good so far. 4-4, now sudden death for the biggest money game in football.

Finally a Coventry player misses, poor guy. Luton win 6-5 on pens and are promoted to the PL, congrats to them!!

Apparently Luton are the first team to go from the top flight to non-league and now back to the top league again. 31 years since they were up there, and took 9 years to make the climb from non-league. Great last decade for them.

Luton Town back in the Prem, dust off the plastic pitch, Micky Harford and Steve Foster getting the headband back on! Not sure the Prem is ready for whats about to hit them.
TC-F1205-FOSTER-1989.jpg

Final day of the season coming up with some guaranteed drama at the bottom of the table. Shame the championship got decided early, don't mind too much about top 4 this season lol. Also got a bunch of finals including Sheff Wed's playoff final to look forward to.

Congrats for Luton! Pretty cool to get a very unexpected team in PL next year.

As for today, not much at stake for the top teams. I wouldn't mind us resting some players today for the FA Cup final. I would take 4th instead of 3rd IF it meant we won the FA Cup, however I believe I heard Newcastle hasn't finished above Man United in like 45 years or something so it would be nice if that wasn't broken either. :p

Leicester 1-0 up against West Ham. Everton and Leeds going down as things stand, long way to go though. Lots of goals going in but not many meaning much as most things sorted now, Spurs, Brighton and Villa fighting for european spots about the only thing other than relegation.

Bloody Leicester. :cmad:

Everton score 1-0. They are back to safety as it stands, Leciester 2-0, Leeds 0-2 down

Everton have scored!!!!

Leeds get one back. Looks very unlikely for them now but 1-2 at least.

Now Kane scores again 1-3. Might be final nail in the coffin for Leeds.

Doesn’t really matter but Southampton Liverpool is 4-4!!

Utd beating Fulham 2-1. Rashford off, maybe for a rest ahead of the final.

Arsenal also 5-0 up at Wolves with pressure off. Plenty of strange scorelines today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"