The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bournemouth 3-1 up now. It’s all on West Ham Villa now.

Matic is lucky Leicester haven't been lethal today. Because his defending has been a special kind of bad. The combination of him and Maguire is like two old sail barges colliding on the pitch.

Grealish scored for Villa and then Yarmalenko equalised a minute later. Villa fans nerves must be almost burnt out.

Jonny Evans. Da GOAT.

Okay joke aside, Scott could of had his leg broken there. That was bad.

West Ham 1-1 Villa final score. Villa stay up after all that!

Lingard scores 2-0!!

Congrats to Utd on the CL spot, and on breaking the record for most penalties awarded in a season!

How the mother****ing hell did we finish 3rd????

Good Lord... we made it difficult at the end, but man.... we're ****ing 3rd!!!!

Glad you agree with reality. Would worry if you didn't. :up:
I'm being a bit of a prick, and everyone gets their share of dodgy calls, but honestly... you're not sitting here and suggesting that every single penalty you've been awarded this season was spot on, are you?

I remember Bruno Fernandes flopping around the box, a few times.

The biggest bummer of today is Lingard scoring that 2-0 because I have this bad feeling he'll get a 4 year contract extension or something now when in reality he should be shipped off to Plymouth.

But yay we are getting CL football next season boys! I think personally I'm more excited for the boost it gives us on the transfer market than having any realistic expectations for us getting far in CL though. :p

I'm being a bit of a prick, and everyone gets their share of dodgy calls, but honestly... you're not sitting here and suggesting that every single penalty you've been awarded this season was spot on, are you?

I remember Bruno Fernandes flopping around the box, a few times.
Are you suggesting that every single penalty needs to be the most obvious penalty ever to invalidate us getting a lot of penalties do to our style of play? There was VAR this season. Plays were reviewed. If anything, penalty counts pass muster this season more so then any before. So you have no argument to make.

Last edited:
Your bias
Are you suggesting that every single penalty needs to be the most obvious penalty ever to invalidate us getting a lot of penalties do to our style of play? There was VAR this season. Plays were reviewed. If anything, penalty counts pass muster this season more so then any before. So you have no argument to make.
I'm suggesting that you've had luck on your side on a lot of 50/50 calls.

I don't know why that's so terrible to admit?

we've had some luck.... and we've clearly not had the initial calls done right for us either.

I’m pretty happy with what they’ve managed to salvage of this season after the virus. I’d call it a success and leading to much fairer results than just calling the season to a halt prematurely before everyone’s played everybody.

Hip hip hooray, I'm sure it will take fans years to etch the glorious day we finished 3rd from their memories..

We were **** today, Leicester's gameplan seemed to force us into the wide areas & basically allow Williams & AWB to have the ball, anybody else, gets closed down immediately. I love AWB, he's a defensive colossus, but he needs to develop some sort of offensive weapon just to keep teams honest.

Brandon Williams made Luke Shaw look elite today, was even less of a threat than AWB going forward, primarily because he's a right footer & had to keep cutting back inside, then played flat square balls back into Fernandes, Pogba or Matic usually. Signing a new LB in the summer, a left footed one, is an absolute must. I'd send Williams out on loan personally & get him regular football.

Rashford & Fernandes were our 2 worst outfield players IMO, both of whom looked absolutely gassed. How OGS fails to see when a player is fatigued is beyond me, meanwhile he see's Leicester fire on 5 new, fresh legged players that immediately breathed life into their side. If we'd made a change sooner, swapped Fernandes for McTominay/Fred & Rashford for James/Lingard/Ighalo sooner I don't think it would have felt like we were just hanging in there.

That's something in general OGS needs to get better at, utilising the full size of his squad. The only manager that has an elite set of rotational players is Pep Guardiola, Solskjaer needs to have some faith in his rotational players too go in & do a job otherwise he'll never be a manager that can challenge with a club on multiple fronts.

I'm suggesting that you've had luck on your side on a lot of 50/50 calls.

I don't know why that's so terrible to admit?
Admit what? That you don't like us, so you are pushing an argument with no merit? :funny:

Hip hip hooray, I'm sure it will take fans years to etch the glorious day we finished 3rd from their memories..

We were **** today, Leicester's gameplan seemed to force us into the wide areas & basically allow Williams & AWB to have the ball, anybody else, gets closed down immediately. I love AWB, he's a defensive colossus, but he needs to develop some sort of offensive weapon just to keep teams honest.

Brandon Williams made Luke Shaw look elite today, was even less of a threat than AWB going forward, primarily because he's a right footer & had to keep cutting back inside, then played flat square balls back into Fernandes, Pogba or Matic usually. Signing a new LB in the summer, a left footed one, is an absolute must. I'd send Williams out on loan personally & get him regular football.

Rashford & Fernandes were our 2 worst outfield players IMO, both of whom looked absolutely gassed. How OGS fails to see when a player is fatigued is beyond me, meanwhile he see's Leicester fire on 5 new, fresh legged players that immediately breathed life into their side. If we'd made a change sooner, swapped Fernandes for McTominay/Fred & Rashford for James/Lingard/Ighalo sooner I don't think it would have felt like we were just hanging in there.

That's something in general OGS needs to get better at, utilising the full size of his squad. The only manager that has an elite set of rotational players is Pep Guardiola, Solskjaer needs to have some faith in his rotational players too go in & do a job otherwise he'll never be a manager that can challenge with a club on multiple fronts.
I thought Bruno was going to miss the penalty, he looked like he could barely stand. But nah, he was cool as ice. :cool:

No one could make Luke Shaw look elite. :oldrazz:

Reactions: B
You're right. Every single penalty call you've gotten this season was spot on.
It's all due to the way you play football! The pace! The dribbling ability!
It's waaaay above any other team in the league.

By the way, for some reason the usual channel I watch the games on wasn't working during the first half, so I had to watch the first half on our Spanish channel. Hearing the announcer pronounce Ole's name, Old Gunner Solider is absolutely the best thing I have heard, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"