The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I’m not obsessed with titles. I feel blessed to have lived through the Keegan and Robson eras. But during the Ashley times the atmosphere around the club was horrible and I went to some matches that we won that were absolutely flat. The 2 seasons I enjoyed were when we were in the championship and a bit under Rafa before he left. Right now seems more positive than for a long time but I just want Ashley to sell up and F off asap so I can properly enjoy the supporting the club again after all these years.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the Keegan era too, as with the Robson era, but then again I enjoyed anything concerning Sir Bobby as he was a great man.

Ashley has been a real stain on your club for far too long, the infamous renaming of your stadium to make it sound more like someones e-mail address at Sports Direct was a massive insult, but that was just the cusp of it.

You really seemed to have found something under Rafa too, the fans loved him and he did good things with you, but alas it wasn't to last, thanks largely to Ashley.

He at least knows how to play the number 9 roll, age may not be on his side but footballing know how is, if he could teach Rashford and Martial that would be a massive help as well but I dont think you can teach movement and know how to finish to somebody else, you either have it or you dont and Cavani certainly has that at least.

I agree on that. In his prime though, Cavani was a physical beast.

I guess January is 'only' 2 months away but what's the rules around loans or free agents? Curious if anyone is lurking out there. Otherwise I guess it's Matip-Fabinho? Maybe one of the youngsters? Matip seems quite injury prone himself like you said so feels risky to bet on him being fit.

Any CBs that have been rumored to Liverpool?

Fabs has been injured too so it really is 'bare-bones' but as a club, we're not alone in facing this to be fair. Kabak, the young Turkish centre-back seems to be on the radar.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the Keegan era too, as with the Robson era, but then again I enjoyed anything concerning Sir Bobby as he was a great man.

Ashley has been a real stain on your club for far too long, the infamous renaming of your stadium to make it sound more like someones e-mail address at Sports Direct was a massive insult, but that was just the cusp of it.

You really seemed to have found something under Rafa too, the fans loved him and he did good things with you, but alas it wasn't to last, thanks largely to Ashley.
Yeah, there isn’t much worse of a jump to go from 2 class acts Keegan and Robson) to then have the ****stain of Ashley hanging over the club for so long. The football was great under Keegan and Robson but I loved the guys too. Maybe one day someone can come along who ignites the passion of supporters again. There was a chance with Rafa, having stayed with us in the championship.

I 100% believe Ole will outlast someone like Pep and we might see Pochettino to City instead.

I 100% believe Ole will outlast someone like Pep and we might see Pochettino to City instead.
When they finally move Ole on there will be no big manager available with the right pedigree and they will install another caretaker manager. Imagine if that caretaker manager then goes on an early run and gets a permanent contract again. :hehe:

When they finally move Ole on there will be no big manager available with the right pedigree and they will install another caretaker manager. Imagine if that caretaker manager then goes on an early run and gets a permanent contract again. :hehe:

I predict maybe a year from now (or at the end of this season) the possible available managers that are out there now (whether you like those names or not) will have been tied up to new clubs and you will have 'experts' like Gary or Rio sitting there and saying "Sadly Ole didn't get things to work whether it was on him or the board, who could have seen it coming? But you look out there and there's not many options.. they either suck it up and give him more support or you gotta gamble on some unknown name".

I predict maybe a year from now (or at the end of this season) the possible available managers that are out there now (whether you like those names or not) will have been tied up to new clubs and you will have 'experts' like Gary or Rio sitting there and saying "Sadly Ole didn't get things to work whether it was on him or the board, who could have seen it coming? But you look out there and there's not many options.. they either suck it up and give him more support or you gotta gamble on some unknown name".
Sounds too close to the truth. :D :csad:

Yeah, there isn’t much worse of a jump to go from 2 class acts Keegan and Robson) to then have the ****stain of Ashley hanging over the club for so long. The football was great under Keegan and Robson but I loved the guys too. Maybe one day someone can come along who ignites the passion of supporters again. There was a chance with Rafa, having stayed with us in the championship.
Yeah, I agree. Would love to see you get someone who could do that again, you guys deserve it.

Yes, that's the potential pitfall United could find themselves in if they wait too long, unless they can unearth a hidden gem somewhere. It's what happened to us when Wenger decided to leave. Had he left a few years earlier, I believe Klopp would be the Arsenal manager right now.

Yes, that's the potential pitfall United could find themselves in if they wait too long, unless they can unearth a hidden gem somewhere. It's what happened to us when Wenger decided to leave. Had he left a few years earlier, I believe Klopp would be the Arsenal manager right now.
Oh good to have an Arsenal fan on here. We had a few regulars on here in the past but they stopped posting. :csad:

What's your opinion on Arteta so far?

Oh good to have an Arsenal fan on here. We had a few regulars on here in the past but they stopped posting. :csad:

What's your opinion on Arteta so far?

Thanks man. That's a shame. Would've been interesting to hear their thoughts and opinions.

I thought he did tremendous when he came in and was able to get all he could out of the players we have. However, since the start of the current season I've found myself confused as to what he's trying to achieve. I believe he has a clear idea of how he wants this team to play, but unfortunately he doesn't have the players to be able to do that.

Currently we seems to be a right mess. We have no creativity, no flair, and are currently employing the same sort of 'park the bus' tactics that say Jose would employ and that our fan base chastise him for all the time, and the reason they say why they wouldn't want him as the Arsenal manager. And rather than adapt and play a system that would get the best out of the players we do have, Arteta seems to be trying to fit in said players into the system he ultimately wants and it isn't working. Square pegs into round holes.

I also think we have more problems going on upstairs, with many pulling in differing directions rather than altogether in the same. Add to that the dodgy shenanigans concerning Sanllehi's departure and the seemingly growing influence of Kia Joorabchian and his clients, things aren't looking too good from where I'm standing.

We also don't have the financial ability in the transfer market of say United, Chelsea and City, and have to sell before we can buy for the most part, but unfortunately nobody wants any of our players as they haven't exactly painted themselves in glory the last few years.

I'm willing to give Arteta time, as for example with Liverpool, it took Klopp 4-5 years to get them to where they are, but I feel if we don't buck up and start getting things sorted we are going to be left behind in the dust. Liverpool and City are both obviously way ahead of us, Chelsea, Tottenham and Leicester are ahead of us, and if United sort themselves out they will be ahead of us too.

Thanks man. That's a shame. Would've been interesting to hear their thoughts and opinions.

I thought he did tremendous when he came in and was able to get all he could out of the players we have. However, since the start of the current season I've found myself confused as to what he's trying to achieve. I believe he has a clear idea of how he wants this team to play, but unfortunately he doesn't have the players to be able to do that.

Currently we seems to be a right mess. We have no creativity, no flair, and are currently employing the same sort of 'park the bus' tactics that say Jose would employ and that our fan base chastise him for all the time, and the reason they say why they wouldn't want him as the Arsenal manager. And rather than adapt and play a system that would get the best out of the players we do have, Arteta seems to be trying to fit in said players into the system he ultimately wants and it isn't working. Square pegs into round holes.

I also think we have more problems going on upstairs, with many pulling in differing directions rather than altogether in the same. Add to that the dodgy shenanigans concerning Sanllehi's departure and the seemingly growing influence of Kia Joorabchian and his clients, things aren't looking too good from where I'm standing.

We also don't have the financial ability in the transfer market of say United, Chelsea and City, and have to sell before we can buy for the most part, but unfortunately nobody wants any of our players as they haven't exactly painted themselves in glory the last few years.

I'm willing to give Arteta time, as for example with Liverpool, it took Klopp 4-5 years to get them to where they are, but I feel if we don't buck up and start getting things sorted we are going to be left behind in the dust. Liverpool and City are both obviously way ahead of us, Chelsea, Tottenham and Leicester are ahead of us, and if United sort themselves out they will be ahead of us too.
Thanks for that. I hope you guys can turn it around. You’ve won the odd cup here and there but it’s been a long time since you were genuinely good and Wenger’s teams’s performances started deteriorating. I always used to love watching Arsenal in the past. A London team that played great attacking football and competed for the top prizes. I hope those days return one day if you can sort your problems at the top out.

Btw I really hope you stick around here long term. One of the best new guys to join the thread in a long time! :up::cool::cwink:

Derby sack Phillip Cocu.

England lose 2-0 to Belgium in the Nations League and are out of the finals.

Ryan Reynolds is involved in a takeover of Wrexham!!

Anyone see Spain Germany? I didn’t but it apparently ended 6-0 with Ferran Torres getting a hat-trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"