The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernandez puts Utd 1-0 up. They have to win tonight surely.

3-0. Should be the points in the bag. PSG beating Leipzig from the group too.

Finishes 4-1 with PSG also getting the 3 points. 3 point lead ahead of PSG and Leipzig going into the last 2 tough games. (and they'll likely both get a free 3 points against Istanbul).

Foden puts City 1-0 up against Olympiakos.

I'm not exactly sure why Maradona is getting heralded quite so much, he was a cheat, an abuser, a swindler, an arrogant ******** of a man.

City get the win but Liverpool are 2 down to Atalanta.

I'm not exactly sure why Maradona is getting heralded quite so much, he was a cheat, an abuser, a swindler, an arrogant ******** of a man.
Doesn’t take away the fact he was a gifted player

I wasn’t a fan of Maradona but I recognize what a great player he was

MARADONA
RIP Legend

WhatsApp-Image-2020-11-25-at-13.49.57-600x400.jpeg

Finishes 2-0 to Atalanta. Ajax and Atalanta are both 2 points behind Liverpool with 2 games to go.

Leicester are losing 2-1 away to Sporting Braga in the Europa. Usually they are decent in Europe so hopefully they can turn it around.

Arsenal 2-0 up away to Molde. Leicester still losing though. :csad:

Now 3-0 Arsenal and 2-2 Leicester.

Dramatic ending in the Leicester match, They go through to the last 32 with a deep-in-injury time (94th/95th minute) leveller from Vardy. Final score 3-3. Also 3-0 the final score for Arsenal against Molde.

Spurs win their tie easily, 4-0 against Ludogorets Razgrad.

RIP Maradona - Simply the most gifted footballer I have ever seen play the game and part of the reason I fell in love with the game and thats from an England fan! Kids today will pick Messi or Ronaldo and I can see why but Maradona was a character unmatched. The 86 World Cup was an impressive feat but the Napoli years were even more so. It would be like Messi going to Burnley and winning them the league and a European title.

Chelsea v Spurs title decider this weekend then, huge game and both teams in fine form, lets hope its another 5-3 type game.

Liverpool drop pints at Brighton. Finishes 1-1 and a chance for Chelsea and Spurs to show some title credentials.

Liverpool arent quite getting the rub of the green at the moment, some more dodgy VAT decisions going against them it seems.The injuries arent helping either as they arent quite on the level of last season or more so the season before yet.

City put 5 past Burnley to get back on track. I would like as many teams involved in the title race (and top 4 race) as possible.

I turned off at half time because City weren't even playing good (felt like 75% of their capacity) but Burnley looked shocking. Making mistakes in defense that would make Fulham look like AC Milan with Maldini/Nesta.

Would be very surprised if they stay up honestly.

RIP Maradona - Simply the most gifted footballer I have ever seen play the game and part of the reason I fell in love with the game and thats from an England fan! Kids today will pick Messi or Ronaldo and I can see why but Maradona was a character unmatched. The 86 World Cup was an impressive feat but the Napoli years were even more so. It would be like Messi going to Burnley and winning them the league and a European title.

Chelsea v Spurs title decider this weekend then, huge game and both teams in fine form, lets hope its another 5-3 type game.
Messi and Ronaldo cannot be mentioned in the same sentence as Maradona!

Much like his exploit with Napoli, he did the similar thing with his 1986 Argentina team. He captained his team to victory along with 5 goals & 5 assists. He took/created more than half of the Argentina's shots (>100). The manager even created a new formation just to get the best out of him -by putting him behind the striker Valdano that allowed Maradona the freedom to roam around the field. I remember in the final, Matthaeus marked Maradona heavily but still he managed to make a superb pass that gave Argentina the lead at 3-2. That summer of '86 I was screaming all the time at the TV whenever Maradona got hold of the ball and ran with it. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"