The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Grealish has been one of the best players in the league for the last 2 years and would love him to play for us but with that said, I actually think City are more in need of a finisher than a creator. I'm sure he would still be great for them, but IMO he doesn't necessarily add that 'final piece' to their puzzle that a proper quality striker would IMO. I guess what I'm saying is I think he would make a bigger impact for most of the other top clubs.
They should prioritise an out and out striker now but Grealish would be another investment for the future. I’m really interested to see where Kane goes. If it’s City or Utd we will have a proper England strikefore at whichever of the 2 he chooses.

They should prioritise an out and out striker now but Grealish would be another investment for the future. I’m really interested to see where Kane goes. If it’s City or Utd we will have a proper England strikefore at whichever of the 2 he chooses.

I'd say 95% it feels he's staying at Spurs. Man Utd was never a realistic club for him (our main big signing was always gonna be Sancho) and if City were gonna go for him I feel like they would have done something weeks ago. The price definitely kept people away.

Would be interesting to see what happens firstly with Grealish going to City, while not a done deal yet, seems like that one is on the cards more. Perhaps a Sterling or Mahrez or Silva would be heading out the door and there is no doubting the impact Grealish can have on a game, seeing what he has done for Villa and also with England in smaller amounts over the summer, however with Villa he was the main man where pretty much everything went through him, at City he wont be so it will be a slightly different role he plays for them but no doubt will fit in, he just seems to have the movement and quick turns that defenders can not cope with. While it may not make City a better team as such its deffinately a different type of player that will cause different problems for opponents so gives them more options.

Kane saga has gone extremely quiet other than Spurs higher ups saying he is theirs and not going anywhere so you have to believe thats the case for now. City spending £250+ would not really be a thing to them (not matter what guff they might say about having no money/dont spend a lot on one player blah blah blah) but it would certainly be a statement if they got both this summer and suddenly our business would look less impressive but then its all relative.

A lot of fantasy teams are waiting on the outcomes of these moves you feel. :funny:

Trent Alexander-Arnold signs new long term contract with Liverpool.

Would be interesting to see what happens firstly with Grealish going to City, while not a done deal yet, seems like that one is on the cards more. Perhaps a Sterling or Mahrez or Silva would be heading out the door and there is no doubting the impact Grealish can have on a game, seeing what he has done for Villa and also with England in smaller amounts over the summer, however with Villa he was the main man where pretty much everything went through him, at City he wont be so it will be a slightly different role he plays for them but no doubt will fit in, he just seems to have the movement and quick turns that defenders can not cope with. While it may not make City a better team as such its deffinately a different type of player that will cause different problems for opponents so gives them more options.

Kane saga has gone extremely quiet other than Spurs higher ups saying he is theirs and not going anywhere so you have to believe thats the case for now. City spending £250+ would not really be a thing to them (not matter what guff they might say about having no money/dont spend a lot on one player blah blah blah) but it would certainly be a statement if they got both this summer and suddenly our business would look less impressive but then its all relative.

A lot of fantasy teams are waiting on the outcomes of these moves you feel. :funny:
He’s a great option to have for something different as you say. England should have made more use of him at the Euros, but hopefully we will at the World Cup at least.

He’s a great option to have for something different as you say. England should have made more use of him at the Euros, but hopefully we will at the World Cup at least.

Playing in a Pep side and with Champions League football as well can only make him better as a player you would imagine. £100m is not a small amount for one player but thats the price of a top English talent these days, Kane would be even more being a striker, crazy numbers but not a problem to City.

A striker rather than Grealish seems the higher priority for them but maybe Kane isnt gettable or they dont want to go that high a figure and they have played more without Aguero anyway of most recent times.

Playing in a Pep side and with Champions League football as well can only make him better as a player you would imagine. £100m is not a small amount for one player but thats the price of a top English talent these days, Kane would be even more being a striker, crazy numbers but not a problem to City.

A striker rather than Grealish seems the higher priority for them but maybe Kane isnt gettable or they dont want to go that high a figure and they have played more without Aguero anyway of most recent times.
They played well without Aguero but I don’t think it was ideal. Gabriel wasn’t good enough to start every game for them so there weren’t other decent options. Someone who can hit the ground running and is proven in the PL could make quite a difference to them.

I feel so bad for Saliba. Poor sod hasn’t been given a chance and now his squad number has been given away.

Knowing how it goes, he’ll probably be sold next season, become a beast and end up somewhere like Real Madrid, or Chelsea.

And in the meanwhile, Prat-teta persisted with the likes of Mustafi and now Elneny, who in my opinion is one of the worst footballers I’ve ever seen.

Looks like we’re about to give Xhaka a new contract too, unless it’s a way to force Roma’s hand.

My goodness, the state of this club.

Arteta gets credit for Saka and ESR but IMO he needs to put some faith into Martinelli. That's a proper talent. Rather him than Auba, William or Laca.

Agree man, he’s another that’s being mishandled by the Manager.

Villa are spending a lot on forwards and attacking midfielders of late.....almost as if they are expecting someone to leave for a big amount soon.........

Villa spending that Grealish money already.

Maybe thats part of the deal, yes you can have him but once we get in replacements first. Interesting few days ahead.

Villa are spending a lot on forwards and attacking midfielders of late.....almost as if they are expecting someone to leave for a big amount soon.........

Adds even more weight to the suspicion that the Grealish deal could be pretty much done.

Always liked him, would be a nice boost to Arsenal if they can pull it off, seems a bit 50/50 at the moment on that one though. Would love to see him in the Prem though to see what he could do.

Adds even more weight to the suspicion that the Grealish deal could be pretty much done.

I think at this stage now its just a matter of when not if. City tend to get their man in the end.

The real question now is whether they get Kane as well.........................

I think at this stage now its just a matter of when not if. City tend to get their man in the end.

The real question now is whether they get Kane as well.........................
Kane could give them the edge they need to get a CL over the line one year. They have so many creators and just need someone to bang all those chances in.

Maybe thats part of the deal, yes you can have him but once we get in replacements first. Interesting few days ahead.
That's all well and good, but imagine if City changed their minds after Villa sign 'said' replacements. :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"