The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still pulled that cliffhanger BS the show always does.

Good cliffhanger: "He just killed ______ and where the f*** do we go from here?"

Bad cliffhanger: "He just killed-- WHO THE F*** DID HE JUST KILL???"

This was a bad decision. Period. It cheapens the whole thing enormously and sets the death up to be spoiled months before the show even airs it's next episode. I've liked more of Gimple's tenure than I've disliked (s***, this episode itself could be one of my favorites if not for that ending), but I honestly have no idea how he thought this was a good way to go.

AGREED. The episode should have ended with " Ta ta." That would have been so awesome. The cliffhanger took so much away from Negan ...

BTW, Hardwick did a Q&A on his Facebook last night. Lot of angry fans infiltrated the Q&A and Hardwick lost some cool, cursing left and right and calling the fans impatient babies. :funny:

He just kept repeating how the writing for finale was a gift to us, without giving any real reasons to back up that claim. Oh lordy. lol.

AGREED. The episode should have ended with " Ta ta." That would have been so awesome. The cliffhanger took so much away from Negan ...

BTW, Hardwick did a Q&A on his Facebook last night. Lot of angry fans infiltrated the Q&A and Hardwick lost some cool, cursing left and right and calling the fans impatient babies. :funny:

He just kept repeating how the writing for finale was a gift to us, without giving any real reasons to back up that claim. Oh lordy. lol.

AMC is cutting his checks so even if he hated it, I don't see him criticizing a finale.

It still pulled that cliffhanger BS the show always does.
I'm confused when people keep saying crap like this. Aside from the Glenn mess earlier in the season, I really don't think they've trolled the audience to this level before.

The closest thing we've gotten to a season-ending cliffhanger before this was 90% of the gang getting locked in the train car at the end of S4. And even that was a "What happens now?" rather than a "Who the f*** just died?"

Seasons may not always end on cliffhangers Sawyer, but as another poster said, the show always relies on buildup just to establish more buildup, with very little payoff. So the cliffhanger ending was pretty predictable.

Gimple's ******** reasoning right here.

Showrunner Scott M. Gimple, meanwhile, had this to say about the cliffhanger: “When we reveal who’s on the receiving end, that’s going to be the start of another story. The kickback effects from that, what it makes everyone into, how they react, how the world changes for everyone — that’s the next part of the story.”

Regarding criticism that the ambiguous ending was just another in a long line of Walking Dead stunts, Gimple responded, “We have to do an episode that justifies [the cliffhanger] to you. We have to do something so great and so intense that you’re like, ‘OK, all right, fair play.’ That’s the challenge that we have, and we’re going to do it. We’re going to deliver you something fantastic.

“We want you to be one of those people in that lineup,” he added. “We want you to feel that suspense and that terror and that pain. We’re going to deliver you a story next season that justifies it.”

Sounds like the same ol' average reasoning for any showrunner/director/studio head giving for any divisive plot point that any entertainment medium provides to keep people tuning in.

This is news?

The bit about "the kickback effects from that, what it makes everyone into, how they react, how the world changes for everyone..." That's a recurring theme the show's tackled many times since the death of Sophia, Dale etc.

Sounds like the same ol' average reasoning for any showrunner/director/studio head giving for any divisive plot point that any entertainment medium provides to keep people tuning in.

This is news?

I didn't say it was news haha. I posted it cause I know some were asking yesterday what Gimple had to say about it.

I will say this will make an interesting comic con trailer for season 7. I wonder how they will do it.

I didn't say it was news haha. I posted it cause I know some were asking yesterday what Gimple had to say about it.

Truth.

I will say this will make an interesting comic con trailer for season 7. I wonder how they will do it.

Yeah, they can give away literally nothing. Maybe it'll be the lower portion of all of the character's faces with blood streaking/splattered over them.

That'd be cool.

The trailer will only show Rick, Carol, Morgan and Gabriel. :woot:

Cliffhanger aside, Negan was amazing. Cannot wait for a full season of him now. He was everything I wanted him to be as a fan of the comic. Minus the multiple F bombs understandably.

The Comic Con trailer will probably only focus on Rick and Negan, with some Morgan and Carol/Kingdom stuff fitted in.

simple just have negan sitting ina room with the bat talking about stuff about how badass he is, how much he's gonna **** the characters up etc

Ezekiel: "And here's my motherf***in' tiger!"

The comic con trailer will consist of Scott Gimple and Frank Darabont mocking the ******** mouth breathers while they sit on a pile of cash.

AMC = Always More Cliffhangers

The comic con trailer will consist of Scott Gimple and Frank Darabont mocking the ******** mouth breathers while they sit on a pile of cash.

AMC = Always More Cliffhangers

Ummm ... Isn't Darabont himself a ******** mouth breather? He is not on good terms with AMC right now. :funny:

Don't get me wrong, he has a REASON to be ******** ...

Ummm ... Isn't Darabont himself a ******** mouth breather? He is not on good terms with AMC right now. :funny:

Don't get me wrong, he has a REASON to be ******** ...

Yes, I know. Also I forgot to throw in Glen Mazzara, he'll be in the background chugging champagne.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan talks Negan, the season finale, and Season 7:

http://nypost.com/2016/04/04/jeffrey-dean-morgan-on-why-walking-dead-fans-should-root-for-negan/

“I didn’t know about the cliffhanger until I watched the show,” Morgan says. “The death of the person will kick off Season 7, and obviously, who is on the receiving end of Lucille will be a big part. I understand the fans’ frustration, I get that. That said, I have to trust these writers, and they know what they’re doing.”

“We’re going to see Negan do some stuff in the next year that’s not going to be very nice, and I may have to approach that from a different angle,” the actor concedes. “I realize Negan is a bad guy, but he’s one of the most well-rounded villains we’re going to see on any screen in a long time.
“He’s got a lot of stories yet to come. It’s going to be an interesting road.”

Yeah, they can give away literally nothing. Maybe it'll be the lower portion of all of the character's faces with blood streaking/splattered over them.

That'd be cool.

I wouldn't be surprise if AMC takes that approach with the promos for season 7. Kind of like the characters fading into each other for the season 6 promos and the FTWD season 2 promos of the characters being under or barely above water. It would be a clever way to have us guessing who was at the receiving end of Lucille.

Chandler Riggs claims they don't know who was killed either. Depending on how you read it either the cast doesn't know or the writers themselves haven't decided who to kill yet.

A believable theory as to why they wrote the ending like this and are playing coy with it.

I have no doubt that the Glenn fakeout was testing the waters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"