Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

Black Panther,' 'Captain Marvel' Sequels Get New Release Dates - Variety

Disney has again overhauled its theatrical release calendar, shifting around dates for “Black Panther 2,” “Captain Marvel 2,” “Thor: Love and Thunder” and numerous other titles.

The studio announced some of these changes at Thursday’s investor day, a four-hour-long presentation that charted Disney’s streaming and theatrical plans for the foreseeable future.

From Marvel, “Thor: Love and Thunder” will open on May 6, 2022, instead of Feb. 11. That delay bumps the “Black Panther” sequel — originally set for May 6, 2022 — to July 8, 2022. In turn, “Captain Marvel 2” was pushed off that July date and was moved to Nov. 11, 2022.

This is a pretty cool logo and I think I prefer this one. We have seen 2 so far but this one seems to be the official thing.

Eo-i6LqXIAEkj9h
The new logo is amazing.

Here's to hoping Lady Sif is done justice this time!

So if Jane is no longer an active love interest, then I wonder if they'll actually allow Sif to become the new female lead for Thor's franchise moving forward.

So if Jane is no longer an active love interest, then I wonder if they'll actually allow Sif to become the new female lead for Thor's franchise moving forward.

I doubt it. Firstly, I don't think Jane will only be back for one movie, and in any case, Valkyrie has pretty clearly been established as a far more important character than Sif at this point.

This is a pretty cool logo and I think I prefer this one. We have seen 2 so far but this one seems to be the official thing.

Eo-i6LqXIAEkj9h
I really like it. :up:

There's no way they're going to do this. Jaimie Alexander is a bland and boring lead, especially in comparison to Natalie Portman. What a downgrade that would be for audiences who see Jane as Thor and then eventually get Sif substituted as Thor. It would be like a used car salesman offering to sell you a Porsche but then getting downgraded to a Skoda at the last minute.

I wonder if we might be getting some more new and interesting casting news since they start filming next month.

Here’s the confirmed cast so far.

Chris Hemsworth - Thor
Natalie Portman - Jane Foster
Christian Bale - Gorr the God Butcher
Tessa Thompson - Valkyrie
Taika Waititi - Korg
Jaimie Alexander - Sif
Chris Pratt - Star Lord
Vin Diesel - Groot
Bradley Cooper - Rocket *
Pom Klementieff - Mantis

* Vin Diesel said that Groot and some of the Guardians where going to be in TLT and that’s a solid assumption.

Also that order is what I assume is their screen time in TLT.

Last edited:
I feel pretty confident we’d get at least one more new casting with an B+/A lister.

I feel pretty confident we’d get at least one more new casting with an B+/A lister.

Aren't they casting a new female lead as a love interest for Valkyrie? Tessa said that at the ComicCon from 2019.

Thor: Love and Thunder Star Teases New Songs & Music In Upcoming Chris Hemsworth Sequel

"I’ve started [working on the film], it’s really really really fun. It’s very very very good. I’m really excited. I fly to Australia in a couple weeks, and folks are already there and on the ground. I get very funny videos from Taika [Waititi] and photographs updating me. It’s a great script. It’s going to be really fun. It’s very fun in the music department. It’s a good one, I’m thrilled.

Nothing to do with L&T, but Thor as a TV detective with his own show helping Hela to investigate crimes is just too damn hilarious:

So with Starlord, Rocket, Groot and Mantis in this movie...what about Drax?

So with Starlord, Rocket, Groot and Mantis in this movie...what about Drax?
One would expect everyone that was in the Benatar with Thor at the end of AEG to show up in TLT.
Starlord, Rocket, Groot, Mantis, Drax and Nebula.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"