Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

I didn't mind Frigga's salad line, as it was clearly coming from a place of love and something a mom would say to her poochy boy. And Rocket's "melted ice cream" gag was harsh, but acceptable given that those two had been through some sh** together.

Of the three Fat Thor gags (that I recall), Rhodey's was the one that should have been cut. It wasn't the time, he wasn't the person to deliver it - Thor and Rhodey weren't depicted as having a relationship - and the "cheez whiz" comment was mean and unfunny. It would have been nice to see Odinson transform into Viking Warrior mode after that nasty shot.

It also matters to me who says the joke. Rocket has always been a jerk who fatshamed Quill and routinely goes after disabled people with prosthetics, which isn't great but at least it's in character for him to joke at Thor's expense. Frigga undercutting a supportive moment of building Thor's confidence back up and saying an emotional goodbye with "eat a salad" though is perhaps the worst joke to me. Given the character and her relationship with Thor she should be the last person to make such jokes.
That part didn’t bother me at all. It’s just a normal thing a mother would say. She gave him the pep talk and then added that with a lighthearted and practical advice. Even Thor nodded in agreement, don’t see anything wrong with that.

I actually wrote this before I even saw @Zarex comment. We are on the same page, both regarding this sallad thing and the thread as well. :D

Last edited:
Does anyone else feel that news has been really slow to come by in these parts lately?

I hope we see or hear something soon but I feel we are in for a long 4-5 months...

Of the three Fat Thor gags (that I recall), Rhodey's was the one that should have been cut. It wasn't the time, he wasn't the person to deliver it - Thor and Rhodey weren't depicted as having a relationship - and the "cheez whiz" comment was mean and unfunny. It would have been nice to see Odinson transform into Viking Warrior mode after that nasty shot.

I would go even further and say Rhodey's relationship with the rest of the team is one of the weakest things in the MCU. Besides his relationship with Tony, I never felt any sort of connection with anyone else.

He’s basically fueling those rumors and hinting at his reappearance in the MCU which should be in TLT.

I dont know how I feel about this. I dont have an idea of an important storyline to justify the "Oh, he isnt dead too"-eyeroll for the audience.

Cast Update:

Chris Hemsworth - Thor
Natalie Portman - Jane Foster
Tessa Thompson - Valkyrie
Christian Bale - Gorr the God Butcher
Jaimie Alexander - Sif
Taika Waititi - Korg
Jeff Goldblum - The Grandmaster
Chris Pratt - Star Lord
Vin Diesel - Groot
Bradley Cooper - Rocket
Karen Gillian - Nebula
Dave Bautista - Drax
Sean Gunn - Kraglin
Pom Klementieff - Mantis
Matt Damon - Actor Loki
Sam Neill - Actor Odin
Luke Hemsworth - Actor Thor
Melissa Mccarthy - Actress Hela
Russell Crowe - Zeus
Idris Elba - Heimdall

Decided to move Idris Elba from “rumored” to a cast member because it feels like it’s a very strong possibility taking all the hints into consideration.

Isn't there a cycle of rebirth after Ragnarok? I can see how Heimdall could come back. It was a big storyline in the JMS Thor run that he had to find the gods in their new forms and unlock their memories of being gods. For any of the Asgardians that died, maybe we can get some actual meaning out of their deaths instead of being completely glossed over. *cough* Warriors 3 *cough*

I dont know how I feel about this. I dont have an idea of an important storyline to justify the "Oh, he isnt dead too"-eyeroll for the audience.
Now with the whole multiverse situation everything is in play.

They could also be introducing Valhalla or even Hel in some capacity and those 2 angles are an integral part of Thor’s lore. Maybe it’s even a nod to that scene from Age of Ultron.

Exclusive: Thor's Roommate Darryl May Return to the MCU to Coincide With 'Thor: Love & Thunder'

91346c61b493c1a3a7f74c99d65762950a899228r1-250-188_00.gif

Lets just hope that in a year's time we're not in a situation where Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman are suing Disney over contract violations.
tenor.gif

At least when their back end profits get messed with.

:o

He doesn't really look like a butcher, although I suppose that could be his apron. Why would all the Asgardians be coming to him to buy their meat?

Intriguing first look. Comic accurate to a point but still very much different. A hybrid look for the big screen.

This looks like scheduled additional photography adding even more Gorr to the mix. Bale’s character has a pretty significant role in this. Not only he’s the villain but it seems as though they are giving him a lot to work with which should translate in one of the most fleshed out villainous role in the MCU. Exciting stuff.

Wasn’t it retconned that Gorr’s goo/armor was really a symbiote or did I read that wrong. I read the God Butcher storyline and I remember in the origin it just revealed that he got from the previous wearer after he was killed in battle.

I feel dumb for not thinking it could’ve been a symbiote before even though they retconned it to be that way. I haven’t read it since #6 so my memory is fuzzy.

Happy to get our first look.

Really thought they would use prosthetics for the face. I like it, just was expecting something different.

Intriguing first look. Comic accurate to a point but still very much different. A hybrid look for the big screen.

This looks like scheduled additional photography adding even more Gorr to the mix. Bale’s character has a pretty significant role in this. Not only he’s the villain but it seems as though they are giving him a lot to work with which should translate in one of the most fleshed out villainous role in the MCU. Exciting stuff.
I like the blend they’ve gone with, and it seems they certainly put a lot of thought into it. Maybe giving Bale so much to work with played a big part on him signing on in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"