Uncharted

I don't trust ViewerAnon and I never have.

Tom Holland looks and sounds all wrong as Nate Drake. He looks like a little kid cosplaying as Drake. I know he's in his 20s and all, but it looks and sounds all wrong. It looks like he's in Peter Parker mode not Drake.

Secondly, that dialogue doesn't sound like Uncharted dialogue. Thirdly, that music cue...ugh.

Yeah, I like Tom Holland but he's so wrong for this. Drake is supposed to be like a "stereotypical" action hero. I know they're going for a younger Drake, but even then he would still be a bigger guy... and Tom is not that young anyway, he's not pretending to be 16 in this movie. 10 years from now he'll probably still look boyish, so I don't see him "growing" into the role.

tumblr_p88ldbj2xS1tbealgo1_640.gifv

Is my reaction to that teaser.

Spider-Man in Homecoming had trouble hanging from a cargo jet/VTOL, this version of Nathan Drake shows a significant amount of power increase.

Last edited:
Yeah, I can’t buy Holland as Drake at all. And then we have Wahlberg who’s sucked all the charisma out of Sully.
Peter Drake jumping forward 10' from a crate being dragged in the slip stream of a cargo jet thats flying at 500 mph is absurd even for Uncharted.

The absurd set-pieces this franchise is known for are easier to go with in a video game.

I never played the games. But watching the trailer, I now have the feeling of dread. Why? Because this looks like as generic an action movie as they get and I am sure this movie is going to be mediocre at best and absolute trash at worst. But the wife loves Tom Holland. So I know I am going to be dragged to this.

I would say this looks like a fan-film, but there’s an actual fan-film that looked much better than this.
Way better.

Honestly, I don't even know if I'm gonna pay to see this in the theater. Holland doesn't even appear to be playing anybody other than himself, and i think that's another part of the reason why he just doesn't fit.

I never played Uncharted but I doubt its a funny buddy clone of Indiana Jones :D
Trailer itself looks okay.

I'm not understanding how Holland is supposed to be playing a younger Drake but it appears like he's a fully formed and skilled Drake we know from the first game.
It's during the time he's mentoring under Sully but not quite near the events of the first game. It's middle-ground and I think canonical to the actual games, not just an adaptation.

Regardless, I think the movie looks like a lot of fun and as a fan of the series I plan on seeing it.

Never played the games but this looks like a fun action adventure

It's during the time he's mentoring under Sully but not quite near the events of the first game. It's middle-ground and I think canonical to the actual games, not just an adaptation.

Regardless, I think the movie looks like a lot of fun and as a fan of the series I plan on seeing it.
The whole plane sequence is ripped directly from Uncharted 3 which was a prime Drake in action. That whole prequel talk is nonsense, lol.

The drake outfit, visuals and story is on point HOWEVER the miscasting of sully and drake is too great to overlook as nether actor fits the roles. Antonio is a nice villain cast however as he fits the villain molds from the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"