Uncharted

The whole plane sequence is ripped directly from Uncharted 3 which was a prime Drake in action. That whole prequel talk is nonsense, lol.
Garuntee the prequel part is probably him bartending and thats about it.

The whole plane sequence is ripped directly from Uncharted 3 which was a prime Drake in action. Not to mention Chloe and Nadine both looking like fully realized versions of themselves from the game as well. That whole prequel talk is nonsense, lol.

Is it canon to the games though? The setting looks pretty modern and the bar scene in the trailer seems to infer that Drake and Sully meet for the first time in this. It looks like more of a Hollywood mashup of the existing games. But it doesn't look like a complete trainwreck either. I'm not ashamed to admit that I did laugh at Drake with the Scottish henchman at the end.

Looks okay I guess but is it just me or does it seem like Wahlberg is hitting on Holland during the first half of the trailer? :funny:

The whole plane sequence is ripped directly from Uncharted 3 which was a prime Drake in action. That whole prequel talk is nonsense, lol.
The "it's a prequel" talk seems to be just an attempt to get people to be more open minded about it. I try to be, I really do, but the fact that it's taking stuff from the other games seems like they're just trying to throw stuff together here and for me, it's not really working as a big fan of the games. The movie itself looks like a fun adventure, but as a video game adaption, forgettable.

Also, I never thought Uncharted should've been turned into a movie anyways. The games themselves were inspired by Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider. Heck, there's shots in Uncharted 4 that mirror The Last Crusade intentionally.

I haven't played any of the Uncharted games, but this looks...decent, I suppose? Nice to at least see Holland getting more roles.

Even though many online still clung to hope for Nathan Fillion, that wouldn't have happened. I like Fillion, but he's not a big movie star. Compared to Wahlberg and now Holland, I don't think Fillion is a name that gets butts in seats outside of those who have seen him in things like Castle or Firefly. Maybe I'm wrong and his profile has grown, but I doubt Fillion was ever in the cards.

My issue with the trailer is the editing. They didn't edit it like a teaser trailer for a big movie. And those texts made it look cheaper.

It looks to have many set pieces and the plane stunt is a direct rip off from the third game (which was amazing in that game). So for that I cannot see this as merely a prequel, but its own thing. Tom Holland is also not a teenager anymore and isn't going to increase height. He would basically look like the same if they make a 2nd movie with him.

I'm meh about this. But I hope this somehow kickstarts another Uncharted game.

It's....well...ah...who am I kidding this feels hollow and just weak in comparison to the actual video game series.

It might be successful just like the Tomb Raider film. But that's a big if.
At least Vikander looked more like Lara...

OK wasn't Tom Holland earlier basically pitching this as a prequel to the video games and claimed it was going to be canon? I guess they underwent some rewrites when they realized that Holland could no longer convincingly play a teenage Drake.

Would it have killed them to give Wahlberg a mustache?

Looks okay I guess but is it just me or does it seem like Wahlberg is hitting on Holland during the first half of the trailer? :funny:
Yeh I was also like…

11370268.gif

Regarding the trailer I thought it was fine.
If I remember correctly the game is kind of National Treasure and Tomb Raider rolled into one.

I really enjoyed the game but wasn’t really expecting anything out of ordinary for the movie. I think it could be fun. The biggest criticism I have is that I don’t see Tom Holland as Nathan Drake, I think he’s suppose to be a younger version of the character… but still I don’t feel it just yet.

Last edited:
The "it's a prequel" talk seems to be just an attempt to get people to be more open minded about it. I try to be, I really do, but the fact that it's taking stuff from the other games seems like they're just trying to throw stuff together here and for me, it's not really working as a big fan of the games. The movie itself looks like a fun adventure, but as a video game adaption, forgettable.

Also, I never thought Uncharted should've been turned into a movie anyways. The games themselves were inspired by Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider. Heck, there's shots in Uncharted 4 that mirror The Last Crusade intentionally.
This and MGS are 2 of the franchises that I think there's no need to make movie adaptions out of, since the how the games play out itself via cutscenes are themselves already a movie. Any attempt at recreating it without the magic of the game is just putting out an inferior version of the product.
Even though many online still clung to hope for Nathan Fillion, that wouldn't have happened. I like Fillion, but he's not a big movie star. Compared to Wahlberg and now Holland, I don't think Fillion is a name that gets butts in seats outside of those who have seen him in things like Castle or Firefly. Maybe I'm wrong and his profile has grown, but I doubt Fillion was ever in the cards.
I actually think Chris Pratt would've been perfect for Drake actually.

Doesn't look like garbage, but it doesn't exactly look very good. Both actors are so wrong for these roles.

It does look like it'll be a Hollywood amalgamation of stuff from all the games. Mostly 3 and 4 based on what that trailer showed.

Where is the "this is canon" talk coming from?

Tom Holland.

"I read the newest draft of the script on the way here and it's one of the best scripts I've ever read, like it really, really jumps off the page. And I think what Uncharted offers that most video game films don't is that it's an origin story to the game. So, if you've played the games, you haven't seen what's going to happen in the film and if you haven't played the games, you're going to enjoy the film because it's information that everybody is getting at the same time."

Doesn't look like garbage, but it doesn't exactly look very good. Both actors are so wrong for these roles.

It does look like it'll be a Hollywood amalgamation of stuff from all the games. Mostly 3 and 4 based on what that trailer showed.
Ugh, all this talk about being a prequel, but they take stuff from the last 2 games. :doh::doh::doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"