Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russo brothers talked about doing version of the original secret wars if the merger happens.

Id be surprised if X-Force didn't happen under FOX soon. but lets be honest in speculation we are also picking and choosing since Deadpool 1,2 and X-Force will likely work on a different spectrum to marvel. and probably won't have marvels vision in mind when doing it.

So that means marvel ignoring all the other films but embracing every decision the deadpool films make and saying its ok to keep... because its deadpool?

Its kinda messy to have Deadpool only wrap selected characters from his films and brings them over and if Marvel decided they didn't want that stuff then Ryan may decide his not interested in a reset for established characters.

Last edited:
Russo brothers talked about doing version of the original secret wars if the merger happens.

A Secret Wars movie to bring the Rebooted X-Men universe into the MCU is what I suggested before, so its nice to see that.

Im not so sure, I still think audiences would still go nuts seeing Fassbenders Magneto vs the Avengers for example.

Not when First Class and Apocalypse both underperformed. He's not a big draw.

And seriously, a X-Men/Avengers crossover and the first thing you think of is Magneto? Umm this is isn't M-Men and the Magneto show shouldn't pollute the MCU.

Last edited:
Ehh... Thats like saying it won't be awesome to see Spider-Man with the Avengers because it's not Tobey Maguire (even though Marvel gave us the best film version of Spider-Man yet) And even then, it's not really the X-Men we've come to know. Its not Stewart, Jackman. McKellen, Famke, Halle etc. You could argue McAvoy and Fassbender but they haven't had the same impact as the former. The way I see it, when the X-Men meet the Avengers, I want it to be proper MCU versions of those characters.

Build the MCU X-Men up over a couple of films and that way, if and when an "Avengers vs. X-Men" happens, it'll have weight behind it

Tom Holland is amazing just because he isn't Garfield... but if Marvel Studios' had Tobey Maguire return to the role you can bet your ass the hype would be far more than it was.

There was nothing wrong with Garfield. I think even if Garfield was in Civil War it would have felt abit more cool i guess since it would feel more a cross over between his established films and the MCU, while just introducing Spider-man in Civil war felt less like a cross over and more just adding a new character that people know to the universe.

Last edited:
And seriously, a X-Men/Avengers crossover and the first thing you think of is Magneto? Umm this is isn't M-Men and the Magneto show shouldn't pollute the MCU.

I only said Magneto because 1) hes the most iconic X men villain and would make a good crossover villain for the Avengers 2) Fassbender is great in the role

So that means marvel ignoring all the other films but embracing every decision the deadpool films make and saying its ok to keep... because its deadpool?
The Deadpool films are playing fast and loose with this continuity too. A certain cameo from certain X-Men is more than a headscratcher. Not to mention Cable coming from an apocalyptic future after DOFP showed us a happy future?

This just doesn't fit...
felt less like a cross over and more just adding a new character that people know to the universe.
Was never meant to feel like a crossover though

It was the "debut" of a character, the incentive being this time you get to see him play with other Marvel heroes.

Well, Marvel must think like him given that the first X-Men vs Avengers series was about Magneto.

The Deadpool films are playing fast and loose with this continuity too. A certain cameo from certain X-Men is more than a headscratcher. Not to mention Cable coming from an apocalyptic future after DOFP showed us a happy future?

What about Logan? if anything Deadpool 2 has an alternative future.

But then when you are touching on time travel things get abit complicated anyway if you really try and think about it.

And Deadpool plays loose with continuity just like most of the shows and films have been to a certain degree but it also tries to keep some connection to it. perhaps more then it really needs too.

deadpool_2_MILIMA20170618_0431_30.jpg

Last edited:
the whole Fox franchise is a what if.
meh. just give us a new universe, Marvel Studios, please and thank u.
back to XMDP... hopefully the action is better this time around at least

What are the odds that Scott and Jean's relationship in DP is going to get as much respect as Vision and Wanda's in IW?

What are the odds that Scott and Jean's relationship in DP is going to get as much respect as Vision and Wanda's in IW?

Hey now, Wanda and Vision's relationship got more respect in one scene in Civil War than it did in the comics.

the whole Fox franchise is a what if.
meh. just give us a new universe, Marvel Studios, please and thank u.
back to XMDP... hopefully the action is better this time around at least

By that standard everything but the comics is a what if.

Wanda and Vision's relationship has not respect at all from the exactly moment Disney choose Olsen as Wanda.

And Apocalypse made more money than all other X-Men movies (a part DoFP)

Domestic is where you can really compare, since the INTL Market (pretty much nothing from China back then) changed significantly since last decade. It scores last in adjusted box office, and barely beat FC unadjusted.That is a big low. X-Men 3 sold like what, twice as many tickets? Which means half of the audience they built up is not showing anymore.

X-Men should be making 250-300m domestic and 500-600m INTL nowadays with the way they were bringing audiences in from 2000-2006. Not 500m. They were making close to that without the huge INTL market of today back then.

Last edited:
Wanda and Vision's relationship has not respect at all from the exactly moment Disney choose Olsen as Wanda.

And Apocalypse made more money than all other X-Men movies (a part DoFP)

the original movies didnt have 3d and prize inflation. The actual audience numbers are much lower now than back in the day, aka, Fox has lost audience since the 00s. check your facts

Domestic is where you can really compare, since the INTL Market (pretty much nothing from China back then) changed significantly since last decade. It scores last in adjusted box office, and barely beat FC unadjusted.That is a big low. X-Men 3 sold like what, twice as many tickets? Which means half of the audience they built up is not showing anymore.

X-Men should be making 250-300m domestic and 500-600m INTL nowadays with the way they were bringing audiences in from 2000-2006. Not 500m. They were making close to that without the huge INTL market of today back then.

big applause gif.
some fans dont really understand the decline of the x-men movies. the international market has increased the last decade. and the USA audience of the x-men movies have gone lower and lower, while FC and Apocalypse had less b.o numbers in many international countries compared to X2/X3. Thats a problem and the biggest example that Fox is doing something wrong if many viewers have been leaving since X3 days.

All if not most franchises have gotten bigger and bigger the last decade, so.... why the X-Men team movies keep loosing audience?
But at the end of the day Fox doesnt have a f*** clue, neither they care.

Box office numbers are fairly unpredictable at the best of times.

If you look at the Spider-man franchise there was quite a big drop after the first Spider-man movie and then a huge rise for SM3. Then if you look at the TASM series yes it is significantly lower compared to 3 but the domestic opening for TASM2 was significantly higher then the TASM (and tops SM2 opening) but seemed to make less domestically overall when it came to staying power.

Domestically for the MCU the Avengers hit that high mark and its been going down with Civil War making less domestically then Age of Ultron and Iron Man 3

Although that doesn't mean it can't change since just look at Logan which had a significant rise from the Wolverine which is the movie that made the lowest domestically of the whole franchise to this day.

Last edited:
The General Audience just doesn't care for the FC imo. If X4-X6 were only with OT i honestly think at least one would've hit a billion.

Glad they never fully went back to them though it'll make the transition easier since GA only got a taste of them on dofp which mostly focused on fc (it would've been better with way more OT scenes imo).

Nobody wants to see teenage X-Men, nobody wants to see PREQUELS. Move forward not backwards for god's sake!

First Class is my favorite X-Men film and I prefer the prequel trilogy to the original trilogy. So, no, I wouldn’t say “nobody.”

what if the merger will let fox to continue making xmen films BUT they need to edit some of what they already filmed for it to blend more into the MCU? I guess Scarlet Witch could easily bring them into the MCU as easily as she has wiped most of them out in the comics (after House of M)

I mean, there is no mention of mutants in the MCU as of now. They'd need to come in from an alternate dimension, which would mean they'd either have an all new cast or we'd see a very familiar cast crossing paths with the Avengers. I don't know who else here would be thrilled to see some of Fox's X-Men walk in through a portal into the MCU.
  • Wolverine (Jackman)
  • X-23 (Dafne Keen)
  • Storm (Berry)
  • Rogue (Paquin)
  • Gambit
  • Cyclops (Marsden)
  • Magik (Taylor-Johnson)
  • Kitty Pryde (Ellen Page)
  • Iceman
  • Beast
  • Emma Frost
  • Colossus
  • Juggernaut
  • Magneto
  • Deadpool and others

That'd be more or less the roster I'd like to see as an X-fan and I know it's expensive but if Lawrence is getting written out, then could they maybe afford a few of these guys? I actually appreciate them in these roles. Plus, can you imagine the profit on something like that?

They at least owe us Jackman vs. Downey Jr. !!!

:xmen::xmen::xmen::xmen::xmen::xmen::xmen:

What you just described is my DREAM scenario. Obviously it's highly unlikely to happen for a lot of reasons, but the 2 things that give me SLIGHT hope for this type of thing are Stewart and Jackman. I really don't think most of the original X-Men team got a good sendoff with DOFP, even though it's my favorite film in the series. Prof X and Rogue only get good sendoffs in the Rogue cut of the film :cmad:

The General Audience just doesn't care for the FC imo. If X4-X6 were only with OT i honestly think at least one would've hit a billion.

Well if you compare what Spider-man did back in 2007 to what X3 did in 2006 you realize that they both had a 200+ budget but Spider-man 3 had a fairly big bump up while X3 didn't make that much more then X2 to the point where realistic bumps probably would not have hit a billion.

Spider-man 3 technically was close to hitting a billion back in 2007 with 890 mil while X3 made only half of that.

X-Men Origins made $370 million but then when you take into account it got leaked online weeks before release and wasn't all that well received it did pretty damn well.

Then The Wolverine with famke and jackman which was better received didn't exactly have people rushing back to see them again since even with 3D ticket sales since more went to see FC then that movie.

Then you look at Logan and see it has a huge bump up with an R rating, no 3d and a not very markable title... where were all these people seeing Logan that didn't see The Wolverine? or is there more to what drives people to see these movies then just recognition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"