X-Men - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old X-Force operated out of San Francisco for a while.

The Runaways was set in LA plus Daken is set there right now and Tony Stark was in LA recently for a while.

So Chamber is a junior staff member on Wolverines faculty. Don't know what he teaches perhaps the school has a class on being Emo.

I hope Chamber and Husk get back together again now they are in the same book.

Hellions gone back to being a bullying *****e I see.

The students need someone to teach them how to stab someone up good and ting with their mum's gardening trow, innit.

*washes hands for typing that sentence*

I loved it. Not enough X-men though. I loved the feel of it. It felt like a homecoming and its so good to see the classic vibe of the X-men back

Kade continutes to be awesome. Love that kid

I thought it was kinda dumb that the entire school is the Danger Room. That seems rather, I dont know...dangerous

Here's the official roster of the new school courtesy of the first issue of WatX

I enjoyed it a lot. It was a long time coming to get these kids back in the school albeit the odd circumstances with Logan running things. I'm still not crazy about Bachalo, I would gladly trade him off for somebody else. His cartooney action style doesn't fit the theme of this book. Since it takes place in a school, there's going to be many scenes that have no action and he's not a good fit for that. Overall I expect great things from Aaron on this book.

"Ethics 101: Forgetting Everything You Ever Learned from Emma Frost, with Headmistress Pryde". HA! :woot:

You know what I especially loved about this issue? It's that it acknowledges what a crazy, surreal, and outright ridiculous concept Wolverine running a school for mutants really is...and totally and apologetically runs with it!

While I'm not entirely crazy on Chris Bachalo's art, Jason Arron's script is just a blast from beginning to end.
The cynical school inspectors. The glimpses of Rachel and Husk's teaching methods. Logan sending the Danger Room into the boy's bathroom. Kid Gladiator declaring he's the school's new imperial overlord. Kid Omega in detention. The baby Nightcrawlers. Oh, and the back-up page with the pamphlet for the new school? Both funny and clever.
I don't think I've had this much fun reading an X-Men comic in a long time. Great job!

I enjoyed it a lot. It was a long time coming to get these kids back in the school albeit the odd circumstances with Logan running things. I'm still not crazy about Bachalo, I would gladly trade him off for somebody else. His cartooney action style doesn't fit the theme of this book. Since it takes place in a school, there's going to be many scenes that have no action and he's not a good fit for that. Overall I expect great things from Aaron on this book.
Bachalo's weak point is action. He isnt that detailed and his action scenes end up looking a mess. He works well with still shots and splash pages. Im not a fan of his current style but I thought it fit the tone of the book very well. This isnt a dark title and was filled with light hearted moments and humor. He does that well

The best part of the book was the pamphlet describing the school's activities:

Ethics 101: Forgetting Everything You Ever Learned From Emma Frost with Headmistress Pryde

Algebra Sucks: I Know, But You Still Have To Learn It with Professor Bobby Drake

Diction and Linguistics with Professor Rogue

Sex Ed with Professor Remy LeBeau

Know Your Alien Races. And How to Kill Them with Professor Lockheed

Also Choir was tought by Professor Doop.
And the ''Learn To Club After Ourselves Club" with Custodian Toad.

Definitely a book to watch. It puts the fun back in the X-Men again. I've missed that.

My favorite classes in the course listings were:

The Art of Killing without Killing by Headmaster Logan
The Art of Killing with Killing by Headmaster Logan

:funny:

My favorite classes in the course listings were:

The Art of Killing without Killing by Headmaster Logan
The Art of Killing with Killing by Headmaster Logan

:funny:

Actually it was "fighting without fighting" and "fighting with fighting" but I like your version better.:awesome:

I need to see the sex ed class from Gambit, and the fighting classes of Wolverine. This one has been added to my pull list. Fun, funny, exciting, unpredictable, charming. 9/10

Yeah, so glad they are back in Westchester. WaTX was so fun and full of heart and this is what the X-men used to be. The Utopia gang had gotten so dark, broody and far removed from the team's original concept. Im so glad we finally got a book back in NY with the school, which has more of a classic vibe to it.

Yeah, the fun of this book really allowed it to exceed my rather low expectations for the book.

LMAO!

jean.jpg

LOL, makes you wonder why Jean didn't just say F-it and DIVE in front of Magneto's stroke attack.

One thing I'm wondering in when the heck did Gladiator have a kid?

He spends most of his time in limbo. I wouldnt be surprised if he has several kids

One thing I'm wondering in when the heck did Gladiator have a kid?
Yeah, that was a bit random to me too. But Kid Gladiator seems like a fun character and a great personality to throw into the mix of the school, so I let it slide. Like Havok said, there've been long stretches where we haven't seen Gladiator in anything, so it's entirely reasonable to assume he might've had a kid sometime.

"I've never been with a Strontian before!"
"That's probably because I'm the last male of my species."
"Tragic pasts are so hot. Take me, you mohawked Adonis!"

:cool:

WaX-M #1 was great. And it's so nice to see Bachalo revert to his more readable, less "Where's Waldo" days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"