X-Men - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell us how you really feel

Emma dying in a most horrific manor would make all this crap worth it.

Well she was exposed to Terrigen Mist so she could be suffering right now.

I read Death of X. I missed Cyclops and Emma a lot. I hate the Inhumans passionately. Their premise is stupid and they are really boring to read.

I read Death of X. I missed Cyclops and Emma a lot. I hate the Inhumans passionately. Their premise is stupid and they are really boring to read.

The Inhumans being called stupid and boring is an understatement.

They are no longer special. The group was MUCH better when they lived outside society and it was just the Royal Family. With so many popping up they have grown very generic especially since their status quo has been piggybacking off of X-men themes and not really being all that original in their own right.

Resurrxion!

Cu-xcQbXYAAi5XE.jpg

New Iceman ongoing set after IvX. This means he at least will live

Please tell me its about Adult Iceman and not the dumb teenager

also, please tell me his sexuality is just a tiny part and the stories will mainly involve actual superhero-ing
thank you

Teen Bobby isnt dumb! This book may even feature both of them which could be cool

it needs to be about Adult bobby figuring himself out and juggling heroics. Id like to see him even go solo for a little like when he'd hang out with Torch and Spidey

They are no longer special. The group was MUCH better when they lived outside society and it was just the Royal Family. With so many popping up they have grown very generic especially since their status quo has been piggybacking off of X-men themes and not really being all that original in their own right.

Agreed. Inhumans used to have a unique alien culture. The new inhumans are pretty much x-men 2.0.

Resurrxion!

Cu-xcQbXYAAi5XE.jpg

New Iceman ongoing set after IvX. This means he at least will live

Well, one of them will ;)

I think this story will be more interesting with the adult version. The kid version works better in a team book, but adult Bobby needs some time to breathe.

Well, one of them will ;)

I think this story will be more interesting with the adult version. The kid version works better in a team book, but adult Bobby needs some time to breathe.

I didnt think of the kid initially but I think this will be about adult Bobby since all but one of those images is of him. Plus I think there's more to tell with him and he deseperately needs a place for character development bc he hasnt had his own arc in years. Id be cool if both characters were in this bc i think there could be an interesting dynamic to play off of, but adult Bobby definitely should be the driving force

I find it interesting that all those images are of adult Iceman from 60s to late 90s. Nothing from the 00s or 10s. I wonder why they chose the covers that they did

So the January solicits are out and no surprise but the X-men are the villians of IvX

yeah no surprise there, hopefully the villains win this time tho

I just think it's funny that Magneto's on one cover and Medusa's on the other

X-Men representative- Badass genocide survivor, former villain, theological opposite to Xavier, Omega-level mutant who manipulates metal and magnetic fields, able to affect the entire planet at his upper levels.
Inhuman representative- Ginger queen with hair-powers, Favorite musician: Willow Smith.

January 2017 solitications
Uncanny X-Men #17
Extraordinary X-Men #18
All New X-Men #17
IvX #2
IvX #3

Deadpool: Mercs of $ will also be an IvX tie-in with Rachel and Lorna featured in the cover! Don't care about another solo so whatever.

ah dammit
well, there goes my hopes of these books not being about the teenagers

Keep in mind that sub header, though. But most likely, yeah.

Though the images for the Weapon X book is interesting. Using an image of Sauron got my attention.

WHY are the O5 still not going home!?!? Every month they're here takes away development from characters like Quenton, Evan, Idie, and Broo, hampering the rise of the next generation of X-Men.

And I fail to see what justifies solo series for Iceman and Jean...

WHY are the O5 still not going home!?!? Every month they're here takes away development from characters like Quenton, Evan, Idie, and Broo, hampering the rise of the next generation of X-Men.

And I fail to see what justifies solo series for Iceman and Jean...

They are home. The past no longer exists. Secret Wars got rid of that. For all intents and purposes, this is their present.

They arent taking development away from anyone. There's no guarantee that any of those characters would be utilized if they werent around and unless somethings changed that i missed, Evan and Idie are both in an ongoing and being utilized.

Iceman and Jean are both interesting characters with stories to tell. Thats what justifies it. Neither have had a solo before and what we've seen from Marvel the past 5 years is that they are more willing to give X-characters solo when before it was mainly Wolverine, Cable and Gambit. Iceman and Jean will likely last a year and by then they'll announce books for other characters. Thats how the cycle goes

Check this out

RES_GENX.jpg

My guess is that it will be like New Mutants v 2 and the Gen Xers will return to mentor the younger X-kids

WHY are the O5 still not going home!?!? Every month they're here takes away development from characters like Quenton, Evan, Idie, and Broo,hampering the rise of the next generation of X-Men.
Haha, see above

Last edited:
Is Marvel actually giving attention to the X-men?

Those are just teases, right? Not covers?

I'm definitely buying Jean's and Bobby's solos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"