X-Men - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear another Younger/student X-Men book.... I wonder if this is gonna feature a lot of new faces.

Damnit Marvel. I don't want 2 more ongoings. But I am interested in Generation X and Jean Grey.

and another. My favorites are getting featured

Cable.jpg

Generation X is the first thing to excite me since Messiah Complex was announced.

Coming in Spring 2017, the X-Men family of titles regroups with a diverse line-up of ongoing series including CABLE, GENERATION X, ICEMAN, JEAN GREY, and WEAPON X. Leading the ResurrXion will be two new flagships: X-MEN BLUE and X-MEN GOLD.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/26906/x-men_primary_colors#ixzz4Nl6XOe3y

580a7392011b2.jpg

580a73b8064b4.jpg

The interview also confirms that the Iceman solo is about adult Bobby

7xSvbkw.jpg

Last edited:
Does this mean the current X titles are ending? Because if not, @%$#.

I'm cautiously excited for this. Weapon X, Generation X, and X-Men:Gold all have my attention.

So Resurrxion is the X-men's Rebirth. God it needs it. This means I'll be reading Marvel again.

I like Teen Jean... but I'd be thrilled if adult Jean came back. The two can co-exist.

I am definitely gonna follow Generation X vol. 2 as I have read New X-Men, Young X-Men and New Mutants vol. 2 and 3.

Gold and Blue are no brainer for me. As I only read X-Men team titles. All solos are a quick pass. And I cannot see them continuing Extraordinary and Uncanny with those new titles.

Marvel rolling out the mutants that they have marginalized in recent years to boost sales that have been flagging. The xmen books have saved Marvel in the past before, lets see how this goes.

I wonder if the writers are allowed to create new Mutant characters.

We had a slew of X books within the past 5 years including Storm, Cyclops, Magneto and Nightcrawler solos.

They have also been creating new characters. Bendis created quite a few.

Who wants to bet that Blue and Gold will be just another angle of X-men vs X-men? Another Cyclops' team vs Wolverine's team type of thing. I have zero trust in Marvel running the X-Men as a functioning family again.

Well, Blue looks to be the O5, which incarnation is still up for debate. Gold looks to be Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Shadowcat, and Rachel. Assuming the covers are relevant.

Jubilee will be part of Generation X.

As for the "comeback", I never really felt their absence. The relaunch of Uncanny just started this year, while Uncanny 600 just came out last year. We still get six x books per month. This is just another gimmick from Marvel. Once again they are changing the status quo way too quickly.

Last edited:
Well, Blue looks to be the O5, which incarnation is still up for debate. Gold looks to be Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Shadowcat, and Rachel. Assuming the covers are relevant.

I'm REALLY hoping that Gold team is true, because that would be AMAZING! My big question, though, is who will be in Generation X.

Can't wait glad the x-books are getting a push

Yeah that's what happens when the Inhumans(The group Marvel are planning to replace the mutants with) don't bring in the expected cash. Marvel finally coming to their senses.

From what I've been reading, it seems like the X-camp is trying to harken back to the days of Claremont and Lee. I read that after IvX the mutants are no longer facing extinction however they will still be about the protection of their own from those who fear and hate them. I grew up reading the X-Men during the Claremont era and if they could pull this off (which I hope they can) then they will pull a long time fan who has become disappointed in the current product back in. Here's to hoping along w/ X-Men Blue & Gold (which I believe will eventually change over to X-Men and Uncanny respectively), Generation X, the other titles we get team books like a New Excalibur and/or X-Factor.

Okay, they have me slightly excited with the whole Blue and Gold thing, and I'm glad to hear the Iceman book is about the adult version

If the O5 are in GenX, and not the focus of the 'Gold' book, I may be able to start buying comics again regularly

now if they can just make Cap not-evil and give Thor back his name and hammer, I could get back to my pre-2012-ish comic buying levels

you know it wouldn't be a bad idea to have all the heroes aside from a few sorta shun the x-men .. which is something they've really never done.. so it always seemed weird that upon facing genocide the heroes never came to their rescue... I feel like with some of the tough and almost villainous decisions the X-men have had to do to keep mutants alive, that maybe due to legalities, public images, and just disapproving of some of their moral decisions the other heroes of the MCU turn their back on them a bit... it'd make sense politically basically saying "if you do this, you're on your own" and then the mutants went ahead and accepted that and did it anyway.

if all that makes sense?

you know it wouldn't be a bad idea to have all the heroes aside from a few sorta shun the x-men .. which is something they've really never done.. so it always seemed weird that upon facing genocide the heroes never came to their rescue... I feel like with some of the tough and almost villainous decisions the X-men have had to do to keep mutants alive, that maybe due to legalities, public images, and just disapproving of some of their moral decisions the other heroes of the MCU turn their back on them a bit... it'd make sense politically basically saying "if you do this, you're on your own" and then the mutants went ahead and accepted that and did it anyway.

if all that makes sense?

I feel like they've already done that. That was the premise behind Bendis' run and he really explored the X-men as an outlaw group among the MU. The Avengers and SHIELD hated his team and held Cyclops accountable for his actions to procure a future for mutantkind

cyclops was right

except in death of x..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1