X-Men - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who here has read Magneto: Testament? I found it chilling. They mentioned they worked with survivors to try and recreate the atmosphere from the camps. I found it worked very well.

One of my favorite stories. Highly recommend to anybody who hasn't read it.

I think Im all caught up to Uncanny and damn, I feel really bad for Dazzler. I forgot that Mystique was her main villain from WAY back in her old series so its interesting to see Mystique target her again. I really hope Ali is able to get some vengeance on her for what she's done when she is back

She went from being such a badass and getting some serious character growth in the recent X-Treme X-Men to now. Shame.

How are people liking X-Force?

I like that Cable is the leader, only he and Wolverine can pull off X-Force lead. Storm did not fit at all for X-Force. She's better leading the X-Men.

I think the X-Force team roster is really good this time: Pyslocke (X-Force staple), Fantomex (ditto), and Dr. Nemesis are really great characters.

Wild card for the team this time is Marrow. Not a fan, but like the deranged take they have on her this time.

I only read the book for Fantomex. Other than that, I'm not really enjoying it.

Im all caught up on ANX and even in death, Marvel continues to tarnish Xavier even in death. The mother of his future kid from the BotA crossover was revealed and its none other than [blackout]Mystique. Apparently she and Xavier slept together about 2 years ago and he impregnated her. She did this while wearing a Moira guise. Now, I dont think it was revealed that he knew it was Mystique but considering Moira is dead, he had to have known he was screwing a shape shifter and with this being before the X-gene was reactivated, the number of likely candidates was pretty low.[/blackout]

Bendis strikes again

Bendis strikes again
Xavier and Wolverine have [BLACKOUT]kids that are half siblings. [/BLACKOUT]This mess sounds like an episode of Maury. I dont get why they were brought back to 616 and so soon. I see that Carey used them as well in that No More Humans graphic novel.

ETA: Oh crap, I just realized that they'd be [blackout]Nightcrawler's brothers and Rogue's foster brothers. Xavier would also be Legion's brother and Raze would be Daken's and another other kids Wolverine has had[/blackout]

Last edited:
Was No More Humans any good? I'm hesitant to pick it up because I'm not really a Larocca fan anymore and I've lost a lot of respect for Carey's writing ever since 'Legacy' had become the 'Rogue is the greatest character in the world' title.

I like that Cable is the leader, only he and Wolverine can pull off X-Force lead. Storm did not fit at all for X-Force. She's better leading the X-Men.

I think the X-Force team roster is really good this time: Pyslocke (X-Force staple), Fantomex (ditto), and Dr. Nemesis are really great characters.

Wild card for the team this time is Marrow. Not a fan, but like the deranged take they have on her this time.
I'm only up to issue 3 of that title but I'm still optimistic about it. The first 2 issues were ok and it's been slowly showing more progress. I'm not fond of how he's writing Marrow though. She was one of my favorite characters from the 90s and I don't understand where this whole "baby" attitude is coming from. It's really annoying.

Wasn't that already established way back with Morrison?

Some dude at the comic book store told me I should read Earth X because it kinda tossed out some stuff that Marvel is using in current continuity though at the time it was pretty wild as far as ideas go. Is this true? Should I read it anyhow?

I liked when Pete Wisdom/Domino/Cannonball lead X-Force.

That's when I tuned out. The New Mutants team was perfect and handed how Marvel dismantled that for Revolution

Was No More Humans any good? I'm hesitant to pick it up because I'm not really a Larocca fan anymore and I've lost a lot of respect for Carey's writing ever since 'Legacy' had become the 'Rogue is the greatest character in the world' title.

I liked No More Humans. Its not the best but it's a decent read.

Some dude at the comic book store told me I should read Earth X because it kinda tossed out some stuff that Marvel is using in current continuity though at the time it was pretty wild as far as ideas go. Is this true? Should I read it anyhow?

The Earth X series (Earth, Universe and Paradise X) is interesting for a good while but a good chunk of it does get kinda stupid and a lot of people carry the idiot ball when it comes to the plot. It does mention some good points about various things and all in all it's not bad. It gets bananas in the last book though.

Im all caught up on ANX and even in death, Marvel continues to tarnish Xavier even in death. The mother of his future kid from the BotA crossover was revealed and its none other than [blackout]Mystique. Apparently she and Xavier slept together about 2 years ago and he impregnated her. She did this while wearing a Moira guise. Now, I dont think it was revealed that he knew it was Mystique but considering Moira is dead, he had to have known he was screwing a shape shifter and with this being before the X-gene was reactivated, the number of likely candidates was pretty low.[/blackout]

I recall a Mystique ongoing series that took place after she killed Moira in Dream's End where she was Xavier's personal assassin. [BLACKOUT]Wasn't there a brief fling in the mix during that [/BLACKOUT]or am I remembering it incorrectly?

Bendis strikes again

When it comes to this stuff, it's not just him. Every writer (including Claremont's first run) had people swapping off romantically left and right. It needs to stop because it leads to more and more continuity headaches.

Very annoying. And Fantomex not actually being French? Tres triste!

Wasn't that already established way back with Morrison?

Uncanny X-Force during Remender's run. Morrison had him as British born but later it was adjusted as being raised in a virtual version of France inside of The World.

The female Venom (daughter of Peter and MJ) is currently in Uncanny Avengers.

When it comes to this stuff, it's not just him. Every writer (including Claremont's first run) had people swapping off romantically left and right. It needs to stop because it leads to more and more continuity headaches.

I know but it's not just that it's also the whole "Oh Moira is/was dead? not to mention that ya know, Xavier's a telepath so he would know it's mystique?? eh f*** it, he'd totally fall for it"

that mofo is so blind to continuity that he doesn't even know who's dead.
took him all this time to finally remember that Starlord and Drax were dead though, so I guess I shouldn't be suprised

Earth X is one of my favorite comics of all time. Particularly Earth X itself. I'd recommend reading the Earth X trade first. It's self-contained. If you like that, keep reading into Universe X. Paradise X is a bit trippy, but I still liked it.

I prefer to think of Earth X as the one true possible future of Marvel. It just seemed like it's very feasible.

But only the first book. Everything after that doesn't have a chance. Especially with Wolverine and the Asgardians.

I think it was a case of them not having a real plan past Earth X so they started really making s**t up.

Universe X and Paradise X had a completely different vibe to them.

You can tell they just started throwing things together after Earth X. It's not terrible but don't try to force it to work with the main MU like I did when I first read it. It is impossible to make work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"