X-Men - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earth X is one of my favorite comics of all time. Particularly Earth X itself. I'd recommend reading the Earth X trade first. It's self-contained. If you like that, keep reading into Universe X. Paradise X is a bit trippy, but I still liked it.
The e-Trade is only $10 at Amazon right now so I might just jump on it for my iPad. You and I tend to like the same things :)

I prefer to think of Earth X as the one true possible future of Marvel. It just seemed like it's very feasible.
This is how it was described to me. :)

Click the covers for full previews:

Geez, so Magneto'll be up to 4 living kids now? Not bad for a guy who thought all of his children were dead not too long ago.

New Interview with Paul Cornell about this upcoming Wolverine debacle:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53505

He comes off a bit *****ey at times, especially this bit:
I think worrying about the life and death of super heroes is pretty meaningless. The search for "importance" by the super hero comic audience is a problem, a disease. The only thing that's important is story. If it's a good story, it's important and meaningful. Saying 'I'll bet he'll be back within a week' is to proudly affirm that you know Kermit is just a puppet.

Sorry that we like stories to have consequence and emotional impact there, Paul. We all know these characters come back, that's not what the gripe is about, we're not dumb. Fans who dislike the idea do so because they know months beforehand what's happening. So you combine the lack of permanence in death with the foreknowledge of said death, and then mesh that with a story that's about Logan confronting and accepting his mortality, and in the end it equals a consequence free story that we all know in advance not to give a s**t about.

Plus if you wanna talk about diseases, talk about a comic industry that feels the need to kill important characters annually just to draw in eyeballs, and tells us up front that it'll "rock the (comic company) universe!", even though we know full well it won't make a damn bit o' difference.

The last issue of Uncanny X-men was exciting... I'm not sure if it actually makes sense, but exciting nonetheless.

New Interview with Paul Cornell about this upcoming Wolverine debacle:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53505

He comes off a bit *****ey at times, especially this bit:

Sorry that we like stories to have consequence and emotional impact there, Paul. We all know these characters come back, that's not what the gripe is about, we're not dumb. Fans who dislike the idea do so because they know months beforehand what's happening. So you combine the lack of permanence in death with the foreknowledge of said death, and then mesh that with a story that's about Logan confronting and accepting his mortality, and in the end it equals a consequence free story that we all know in advance not to give a s**t about.

Plus if you wanna talk about diseases, talk about a comic industry that feels the need to kill important characters annually just to draw in eyeballs, and tells us up front that it'll "rock the (comic company) universe!", even though we know full well it won't make a damn bit o' difference.
This, Like, Re-tweet, Thumbs Up, and 1+

I don't think I can be any more uninterested in a comic book than I am with the upcoming Death of Wolverine. :dry:

Oh no. A popular character is going to die. Whatever shall be done? This is such a new event and certainly hasn't been done, repeatedly, before. - in bored voice.. :p

If you're going to do a death it has to be somewhat a surprise, not advertised. It's like you're telling us we're idiots straight to our face for buying it.

what didnt make sense about it?
It was unclear if the nano-sentinels were effecting their powers since the beginning of the series (and it had nothing to do with the Phoenix), or just the past issue when Cyclops and Magik's powers really went haywire. If that's been the reason from the start, when did it happen to them? Why was Colossus affected and not Namor? Why did Dark Beast want to do that in the first place (other then hating Scott)?

It was unclear if the nano-sentinels were effecting their powers since the beginning of the series (and it had nothing to do with the Phoenix), or just the past issue when Cyclops and Magik's powers really went haywire. If that's been the reason from the start, when did it happen to them? Why was Colossus affected and not Namor? Why did Dark Beast want to do that in the first place (other then hating Scott)?
[BLACKOUT]

I thought it was clear that the nano-sentinels were affecting their powers this time. Scott and Illyana completely lost control. The Phoenix effect only distorted their powers before but they maintained control of themselves

What was DB's motive? Im guessing is that he wanted to keep the two factions of the X-men at odds and use the sentinels to escalate the tension between Scott and Shield. It looked like whatever ailment he was under was driving him mad

As for Namor, unlike the rest, he isn't 100% mutant. His part Atlantean DNA may have led him to be immune to whatever aftereffect the Phoenix had. Just my guess[/BLACKOUT]

Dazzler's new look:

tumblr-inline-n7hlprw2uv1rq5p7o-4224b.png

Another one? I miss the sparkly roller disco look. :p Also, the grunge look wasn't that great on Ult. Dazzler and it's not improved any here.

That looks more like something Ultimate Dazzler would pull off.

I guess it makes sense considering what she's been through.

What's she been through?
She became an agent of SHIELD. Soon after, Mystique poisons her and takes over her identity. For months, we didn't know if the real Ali was dead or alive but it turns out that Mystique abducted her and kept her drugged up in Madripoor where she was harvesting mutant growth hormone from her and selling it on the black market. Magneto recently found this out and saved her. She also quit SHIELD and told Maria Hill off for failing her and not realizing she had been replaced. Its not going to happen but I want her to kill Mystique. With this new attitude and look, it would appear that she's ready to seek vengeance and wants Mystique's blood for the trauma she put her through

The problem with that is that nearly everyone wants Mystique dead at one point or another and no one ever manages to do it. They should have a list of who gets to try first.

The problem with that is that nearly everyone wants Mystique dead at one point or another and no one ever manages to do it. They should have a list of who gets to try first.

Who Killed Mystique? will be the Marvel event for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"