X-Men - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine would be Wolverine, Gambit, and Nightcrawler...
what can I say, I'm a 90's kid

(Don't y'all judge me :oldrazz:)

that said, I'm half happy, and half very pissed off with my faves right now

I was going to make a favorites list but could only get as far as #1 (Chamber). Marvel's really made me either dislike a lot of my former favorites or just made them so irrelevant or out of character that I no longer give a crap about them.

Jean, Cyclops, Kitty, and Colossus are all up there for me. Though Emma and Iceman aren't too far behind. Rogue would be up there too if it was the 90s.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I find it so dumb that they're making such a huge deal about it. Isn't something like this better if it's a complete shock to the reader? They don't even bother teasing "something earth-shattering is gonna happen to your favorite X-Man. Keep reading to find out what".

I was actually selling comics at the time of "The Death of Superman". I remember having to talk sense into customers and especially speculators that this is not the story to end all superhero stories. It is not going to be worth millions some day. He will eventually be back. Read it for entertainment value and keep reading until the return. Hopefully it will be worth the price of the comics.
Having said that Death of Wolverine is no big deal, just as Death of Peter Parker wasn't. So the only thing that really matters is; is the presentation good (art, writing, etc.). The days of death stories being a major event are long gone. Hell I remember being pissed that Colossus died, because I was worried that he wasn't thought of as important enough to bring back. His return story ended up being great. I loved Nightcrawler's return too. So I guess it is what it is. He'll be back.
I just hope that the stories are worth reading.

And I just hope they don't try to make that t*** Daken the new Wolverine

He's dead, and pretty sure his reanimated Horseman self, who spent two issues torturing Wolverine for killing him, isn't gonna turn good to fill his father's shoes.

One would think, but ya never know with Marvel these days

Marvel isn't going to kill off Wolverine without having a replacement. When they offed Cap A and Spidey, they had Bucky and Doc Ock lined up to fill in. His ongoing still needs to sell. The question will be who will take on the mantle. Daken seems the most likely candidate now considering he's filled those shoes before but it would be interesting if its someone different. Is his son from the Ultimate universe still alive? Maybe now would be the time for the space time continuum effects from Age of Ultron to come into play

Plus ya got that Blue wolverine from Battle of the Atom or whatever

Personally, the only replacement I'd be willing to accept is X-23, but only if she stops making out with all of the O5 on the All-New X-Men covers

So wtf was with Jean in the last issue of ANXM? Last I knew she resented teenage Cyclops for turning into someone who killed Xavier (as problematic as that logic is) and now she's all hot for adult Cyclops? Weird. And creepy. And I didn't care for Kitty's reaction either.

And on the topic of Wolverine: I can't wait.

Plus ya got that Blue wolverine from Battle of the Atom or whatever

Personally, the only replacement I'd be willing to accept is X-23, but only if she stops making out with all of the O5 on the All-New X-Men covers

X-23 would be good with replacing him but only if she keeps on with Jean on the covers. :oldrazz:

So I see that Miles Morales (Ultimate version, not a new 616) is joining the All New X-Men team. Because that makes total sense.....:facepalm:

Bendis continues to do whatever he wants to do I see. :dry:

So I see that Miles Morales (Ultimate version, not a new 616) is joining the All New X-Men team. Because that makes total sense.....:facepalm:

Bendis continues to do whatever he wants to do I see. :dry:
How is he going to bounce between the two worlds?

Welp, Bendis' X-books were fun while they lasted. Why's he gotta shoehorn these people in?

I would love an ongoing Cyclops book, but I don't know if I want an ongoing O5 Cyclops book. I think his character has been pretty interesting so far, (12 issues into the ANXM, and 5 into UXM).

I think I'd prefer to read more of adult Cyclops.

I did however pick up Magneto without a second thought.

Cyclops solo seems interesting. I love Rucka's work on Punisher but I can't mess with the X-Men anymore. :(

I enjoyed the first issue of Cyclops. I'm waiting for Scott to get some training from his Dad, and then have a fight with his older self.

Cyclops having his own series is surreal enough, but then it's teen Cyclops and it's written by Greg Rucka. My brain almost exploded from all that weirdness. But it was good, thus furthering my confidence that Greg Rucka is literally incapable of writing anything uninteresting.

Also, I don't mind Miles Morales' joining the X-Men. I figured Bendis would bring Miles over sooner or later. I'm curious whether it's the actual Ultimate Spider-Man, or if it's the 616 version whose powers have just developed or something. I also kind of like that Bendis went an unexpected route and brought Miles over in All-New X-Men rather than a Spider-Man comic.

So who here has read Magneto: Testament? I found it chilling. They mentioned they worked with survivors to try and recreate the atmosphere from the camps. I found it worked very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"