X-Men - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, you know, they could have just had Legion go to college or something.

I have a question for those who check out the previews I put up in this thread. Do you prefer me to link to the post where you can see the entire page of the thread that it's on like I currently do, or would you prefer if I link to just the single post?
I like the posts with the links.

Ok, still looking for more feedback on these previews. Here are the two options I'm talking about, which you'll have to click the link to view:

Here's the way I've been doing it, where you view the entire page of the thread, which Javi said he likes:

And here's the other way I'm suggesting of doing it, where you view just the single post, which Havok said he likes:

And here's the rest of the previews, done in the original way I've done it for now:

Or, you know, they could have just had Legion go to college or something.

The X-Men have a limited education budget. Just look how few of them actually make it through courses.

As far as the preview posts, I honestly don't have an opinion. I actually dodge spoilers now, so I never mess with them.

I don't think they ever said. It could be in remembrance of Xavier.

He may have been de-aged again and is going through a phase. :p

It is in remembrance of Xavier, they said it at the beginning of Bendis's run on Uncanny.
I keep meaning to go back and re-read Uncanny to refresh myself. I feel like I read so much that every book I touch I don't remember what's happened before.

oh nooo. Magneto is a bad guy again..who could have ever thought this would happen?!?! -_-

so anyways...why doesn't he just join X-Force?

It is in remembrance of Xavier, they said it at the beginning of Bendis's run on Uncanny.

Problem is, without any defining features, he just looks like.. "Evil Xavier"
they should just give him a goatee and be done with it

Magneto - Wanting more than ever to be Marvel's Lex Luthor lol. :funny:

qYKegtv.jpg

Finished reading the Trial issues and I LOVED Jean's new power or rather new use of her powers. That was so cool. See, she can be powerful without tapping into the PF. Even though she's a teen, she's back to being one of the most powerful mutants out there as the limits of her abilities have been pushed much further than when they were left to naturally progress in the 60s. She's grown quite skillful and creative as well

I really wanted Scott to kiss Jean before he left as it seemed as if thats what his dialogue was leading into, so it felt a bit anticlimatic that it didnt happen. His time with Corsair should be interesting but I hope it doesn't last too long. Seems like it should be a year long maxi-series at the most.

what issue did that happen in bc I cant seem to recall it.

Just read the Trial of Jean Grey and the last issue was fantastic, solidifying Jean as a powerhouse without the Phoenix Force. Too bad she's stuck with a bunch of losers. She needs to ditch the rest of the 05.

My only gripe is how much they emphasize that this is a new Jean Grey, implying there was a problem with the old one, who I still miss.

I liked the character progression as well, but that last bit you mentioned does bother me also.

Just read the Trial of Jean Grey and the last issue was fantastic, solidifying Jean as a powerhouse without the Phoenix Force. Too bad she's stuck with a bunch of losers. She needs to ditch the rest of the 05.

My only gripe is how much they emphasize that this is a new Jean Grey, implying there was a problem with the old one, who I still miss.
well Scott already ditched them so its just Angel, Beast and Iceman, all of whom feel very irrelevant. I really wouldn't mind if they officially cancelled ANX and relaunched it as a Jean solo bc its felt like one since the first arc. She's been the main character with everyone really playing a supporting role to her story arc. The premise has felt like its been how does a time displaced Jean Grey adjust to a world where she no longer exists. None of the other characters with the exception of maybe Scott have been given nearly as much focus and characterization. Its feels like a Jean solo in everything but name

There was a problem with the old Jean Grey and it was one Marvel created.

They made the Phoenix define her when it should have been the other way around. It was treated like the PF was some kind of cancer inside of Jean that went into remission every 5 yrs and when it would come back it was nothing but bad news.

This clean, fresh slate they have to use with teen Jean is why I don't expect the other one to ever return :(. Why go though the hassle of explaining stuff when you can just make a new one...?

It's also really funny that Marvel basically Said F*** YOU to both the Scott/Jean shippers and the Logan/Jean shippers at the same time

"neither of you gets her so nanana boo boo!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back