X-Men - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the X-Books really tickle my fancy at the moment. They're alright, but nothing wowing me. I've not had that since Remender's Uncanny X-Force ended.

Is Wolverine still without his healing?

I have been so disappointed with the X-franchise since House of M that I haven't bought a new issue in years.

I just hate how grim the series has become, how Wolverine is the pure focus of all that is good and holy, how Cyclops has been arbitrarily made a villain for doing far less than jean did as the Dark Phoenix, and how the cast has gotten so bloated with new and useless characters over the last several years, that characters that I love and are interesting have been relegated to background art.

Come to think of it, the last X-book I bought regularly was New X-Men with Surge and that crew, and X-Men Legacy when it was about Xavier. The New X-Men characters are mostly dead or irrelevant anymore, and Xavier's book was so very good but ended way too soon.

I guess Im the only one satisfied with the X-books but then again I only read Uncanny and All New with the occasional Xmen vol 4. Those first two have for the most part been consistently good for me. I pretty much gave up on Wolverine's branch of the X-men, although as mentioned, I do let the female team slip in every few months

All-New and Uncanny are still at the top of my reading list. It maybe doesn't rank as high as Secret Avengers or Batman, but I'm so invested in the characters I'll always want to read their latest adventures. I feel like they've lost some steam from the beginning of their runs, but I'm forgiving if every single issues isn't perfect as long as I'm enjoying the overall ride. The latest issues of All-New and Uncanny have been the best, I think, in the past 2-3 months or so. I'm also enjoying Amazing but I'm already tired of the Azazel story. I'm ready for whatever's next. And I'm excited for when Kyle and Yost take over the title.

I pretty much dropped Wolverine and the X-Men when the first volume ended. I checked out the first issues of the new series, and while I'm intrigued by the whole Phoenix thing, I'm pretty sure I'll be bailing out at the end of the arc. I just don't care enough about these kids to read a book solely focused on them. The Academy X kids on the other hand...

its sad bc there was a time, I would read any and everything with an X in the title, but now Im down to 2-3 and Im perfectly content with ignoring the rest

So finished up Legacy and is [BLACKOUT]Legion dead and gone[/BLACKOUT]? I really grew to like the guy quite a bit. I assume it'll be until he comes back somehow but as it is I was very surprised.

Of the current X-titles, Uncanny X-Men is the one I enjoy the most. Unlike the other titles, it's actually gotten better as it's gone along. All-New was amazing when it started but has paled since Battle of the Atom. I really don't like the Trial of Jean Grey arc.

Wolverine & the X-Men was horrible for about a year but got better right at the end of its run, and it's too soon to say anything about the new series.

Amazing X-Men is great for the soul purpose of seeing Nightcrawler again. The Azazel portion of the story is stupid. I'm super stoked about Kyle & Yost coming on though. Can't wait for that.

I'm about 4 issues behind on adjectiveless X-Men, but upon hearing that there will be a New X-Men backup, I'm planning on getting caught up soon.

I'm about 4 issues behind on adjectiveless X-Men, but upon hearing that there will be a New X-Men backup, I'm planning on getting caught up soon.
This is the only reason I'm considering picking up this title now. When is that supposed to start?

I read through the first arc of X-Men, and it was pretty good, but BotA killed me on that one, might try to pick it up for the new x-men backup as well

All New X-men I haven't read because I just find the premise, from the very first issue, to be f***ing stupid

Uncanny I tried, but I wasn't connecting with any of the characters, and outside of Magneto I don't really care about any of the older characters either, and now he's gone so i dunno.. May try it again soon because of the praise y'all are giving it.

Wolvie & the X-Men, I agree, started off great, went downhill, then got good again, but now I don't care about the new series because of how they've messed up everything with Logan. I do want to see what happens with Quentin and Evan, though.

and Amazing X-men has just been pure fun for me so far. Yeah Azazel's kinda lame, but pirate battles in heaven and hell?? I could care less who the big bad is.

This is the only reason I'm considering picking up this title now. When is that supposed to start?

I'm not sure. I just read it in an interview a week ago or so. I'll have to look into that.

BoredGuy said:
All New X-men I haven't read because I just find the premise, from the very first issue, to be f***ing stupid.

I agreed at first, but it was surprisingly good at first. It's still not bad, but the premise isn't one that can drag out for too long and I feel it's getting there. Being that young Cyclops is getting his own series soon, I doubt it's going away any time soon.

Uncanny I tried, but I wasn't connecting with any of the characters, and outside of Magneto I don't really care about any of the older characters either, and now he's gone so i dunno.. May try it again soon because of the praise y'all are giving it.

Uncanny did nothing for me at first, but it's gradually gotten better as time's gone on. I find that I really enjoy the series now, so it's worth a shot.

And yeah, Magneto's not in it right now, but his new series started off great. Highly recommended.

So finished up Legacy and is [BLACKOUT]Legion dead and gone[/BLACKOUT]? I really grew to like the guy quite a bit. I assume it'll be until he comes back somehow but as it is I was very surprised.

Not dead, so much as that he made it so he was never born. Though there's still a part of him living in Blindfold's mind, the only who remembers him.

I'm not sure. I just read it in an interview a week ago or so. I'll have to look into that.

It actually already started, with issue 11 that came out last month.

Uncanny X-men -- I think it's been steadily improving, it did start out as not that great. I'm actually starting to like this new crop of students that is getting developed (at least in comparison to the ones in All New and Wolverine and the X-men).

All New X-men -- I don't think the writing's bad, I just think that the O5 should have gone back during Battle of the Atom.

Wolverine and the X-men -- Don't care about most of the students, but I like the focus on Quentin and Evan. I think the premise of the new volume sounds interesting.

X-men -- I have been enjoying quite a bit, still a couple of the usual X-men, but they mix in a few characters that you don't see any where else these days. I've enjoyed the New X-men back ups quite a bit (there are two now).

Amazing X-men -- I've been liking it for three reasons:
1. Nightcrawler is back.
2. It's just been plain fun. I'm with BoredGuy, the pirate battles are great.
3. Nightcrawler is back. I know I said it once, but it bears repeating.

Magneto -- Seems promising from the first issue.

All New X-factor -- Been enjoying it. Again, good place to read about characters that don't get face time elsewhere.

I suppose, all in all, pretty happy with where it's at right now. However, I did read the first issue of the new X-force and the way Fantomex's dialogue is written is distracting as hell.

I have a question for those who check out the previews I put up in this thread. Do you prefer me to link to the post where you can see the entire page of the thread that it's on like I currently do, or would you prefer if I link to just the single post?

Not dead, so much as that he made it so he was never born. Though there's still a part of him living in Blindfold's mind, the only who remembers him.

That's not much better. They finally start using him and making him a good character and they do that. *sigh* :csad: Ah well. That's what happens when you use a guy like that.

And with that now comes the inevitable questions like whether the Age of Apocalypse ever happened, and how that influences things that the AoA has influenced since like Onslaught, Gene Nation (Dark Beast, Marrow), everything with Nate Grey, Uncanny X-Force, that recent Astonishing X-Men story in the AoA, etc.

But I'd rather not ask that question because I don't feel like experiencing OMD again. We'll just assume people don't remember him and leave it at that.

That's why I assumed he just offed himself. I know he can do all sorts of stuff but erasing himself from time means a lot of crazy crap would be undone and cause a huge ****up. Until further notice I hope they just say he erased everyones mind of him but Blindfold and kicked the bucket or sent himself outside the timestream or something.

They do have an easy way to bring him back though if they want to. Since he's in her mind he can do the thing Nate Grey did where he pulled Prof. X's astral form to reality.

Although if he did do the timewipe then he might be responsible for the AOU fractures.

They do have an easy way to bring him back though if they want to. Since he's in her mind he can do the thing Nate Grey did where he pulled Prof. X's astral form to reality.

But Nate Grey wouldn't exist anymore... nor would Dark Beast, Sugar Man, Holocaust, or Blink and Sabretooth from the Exiles. Nor Nightcrawler from Uncanny X-Force. :(

Comic books suck.

True, I'm so used to certain characters that I forget their origins.

I have a question for those who check out the previews I put up in this thread. Do you prefer me to link to the post where you can see the entire page of the thread that it's on like I currently do, or would you prefer if I link to just the single post?
I personally prefer links to the pages as opposed to the pages posted in the threads. I tend to view this site on my phone or tablet during the day and all those large images are a resource hog that either causes my browser to crash or makes scrolling difficult at times.

And with that now comes the inevitable questions like whether the Age of Apocalypse ever happened, and how that influences things that the AoA has influenced since like Onslaught, Gene Nation (Dark Beast, Marrow), everything with Nate Grey, Uncanny X-Force, that recent Astonishing X-Men story in the AoA, etc.

But I'd rather not ask that question because I don't feel like experiencing OMD again. We'll just assume people don't remember him and leave it at that.

AoA may have been created bc of Legion, but its since become its own seperate divergent timeline. Killing/erasing Legion doesnt erase it nor should it have any effect on it. It still exists

Last edited:
But it wouldn't have been created in the first place to become it's own separate divergent timeline. It's a bit of a paradox :(

Time-Travel paradoxes in Marvel???

psssh
no way

I always liked the "time-travel creates alternate timelines" thing that Marvel had [usually] followed.
Nowadays though, they're just sayin f*** it, we'll do whatever the hell we want and you're gunna take it

But it wouldn't have been created in the first place to become it's own separate divergent timeline. It's a bit of a paradox :(

The fact that it seemingly was erased at the end of the originally story via the M'kraan crystal would mean that the timeline to cease to exist YET we know that isn't the case, hence the timeline living on as was seen in Uncanny X-force. AoA is it's own divergent timeline, not affected by the events of 616. Legion may no longer exist in 616, but for AoA, their past was created in one in which he did. That doesnt change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"