X-Men - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think it's dumb how Cyclops makes it out like Cap is all "Logan's a saint, and a hero, and a great person!" when really he fought to keep him off the team, and immediately refused to work with him when he found out about X-Force. Cap has always been shown to have a begrudging tolerance and respect for Logan, at best.

I just think it's dumb how Cyclops makes it out like Cap is all "Logan's a saint, and a hero, and a great person!" when really he fought to keep him off the team, and immediately refused to work with him when he found out about X-Force. Cap has always been shown to have a begrudging tolerance and respect for Logan, at best.
not really. Cap ignored it. He seemed to have an issue when Wolverine was running X-force, but had no problem when Wolverine was taking orders from Cyclops with the team which preceeded Logan's. According to Cap, while he hates the killing, Logan does enough good that he is willing to look past that as he's appreciated him as a valuable team member

Last edited:
And it isn't like X-Force is the first time Wolverine's killed.

I think I read somewhere that Bucky Barnes secretly used to do black ops missions that involved killing without Cap in WW2 which is why he was used to become the winter soldier.

Is that true?

not really. Cap ignored it. He seemed to have an issue when Wolverine was running X-force, but had no problem when Wolverine was taking orders from Cyclops with the team which preceeded Logan's. According to Cap, while he hates the killing, Logan does enough good that he is willing to look past that as he's appreciated him as a valuable team member

Best I recall, Cap said that before anything about any X-force team came out, Logan had been an avenger for a while, and did enough good to make up for a lot of his past. But Steve has still not forgiven Logan for X-Force, even right now in UA, they haven't seen each other to make up

Granted though, Cap's got a ***** for arresting Cyclops, whereas he just kicked Logan off his team

I think I read somewhere that Bucky Barnes secretly used to do black ops missions that involved killing without Cap in WW2 which is why he was used to become the winter soldier.

Is that true?

Yup.

Cap killed a lotta people during WWII as well, just less covert throat slitting, more grenades tossed into tanks.

Wasn't it confirmed in the Wolverine: Origins series?

Just read GotG 12. How the heck does Scott know who Corsair was? I thought at first maybe he had read a file on him to know the history since his older self reunited with him but he was oblivious to all of that. OldScott didn't recognize Corsair as his father when they met so this is a big continuity goof

ETA: scratch that as I forgot that Scott overheard the radio message of Corsair introducing himself to the Guardians

Last edited:
Click the covers for full previews:

Why is Danger wearing clothes?

Check out J'Son, all talkin' reasonably and s**t..

I still really don't understand what Bendis is doing here, ANXM continues to make no sense
And I really gotta go read the DnA Guardians, the new series is just turrible

Check out J'Son, all talkin' reasonably and s**t..

I still really don't understand what Bendis is doing here, ANXM continues to make no sense
And I really gotta go read the DnA Guardians, the new series is just turrible

I still maintain that ANXM is the best X-men book. The main thing that makes no sense is why those kids havent been sent back to hte past as its been months since BOTA and they STILL haven't addressed Magik porting them back. If you ignore this, its actually pretty solid. Fun read with good art.

well what sense does.. the shi'ar, who's emperor just sent his son back to earth to live at "the Jean Grey School", showing up outta nowhere and putting a teenage jean grey on trial for something she didn't yet commit, not 3 months (comic time, give or take) after the Phoenix inhabited other hosts and was apparently destroyed for the time being, and the only person seen having a tie to it lately was future-Quentin Quire, not to mention the Guardians being involved for no real reason other than that they have a movie coming out.. what sense does any of that make???

so yeah, add that to the O5 in our timeline situation, and this book is just dumb
I wanna know what about the pitch for this got the editors to ok it, and we know it's not the ending, solid endings arent Bendis' forte

Last edited:
I loved All-New X-Men at first, but it's been a hard pill to swallow since BotA. This Trial nonsense is grating on my nerve.

His Uncanny X-Men has only improved though.

I feel like Uncanny can be hit and miss. It could be because they get the strangest artists to pencil this book. But even then, when we get books like Emma training Ben on his morphing powers it's awesome. Books like Illyana's Limbo stuff (again) I can do without.

well what sense does.. the shi'ar, who's emperor just sent his son back to earth to live at "the Jean Grey School", showing up outta nowhere and putting a teenage jean grey on trial for something she didn't yet commit, not 3 months (comic time, give or take) after the Phoenix inhabited other hosts and was apparently destroyed for the time being, and the only person seen having a tie to it lately was future-Quentin Quire, not to mention the Guardians being involved for no real reason other than that they have a movie coming out.. what sense does any of that make???
well you're missing the point bc that's kind of the point. I thought it wouldn't make sense at all before going into it but after reading and digesting what is going on, it works. A teenage Jean on trial for what her older self did makes no sense and it would be horrible writing if not for the fact that Bendis is very well aware of this and has written it into the script. Gladiator is the one the out to get Jean, not the Shi'ar. The Imperial Guard have always been shown to have blind loyalty to whomever is in charge, even if they disagree. A few tried to call him out on how foolish and wrong this is but alas, Gladiator is Emperor so what he says goes. When he brought it up to the council of other alien races, they looked at him as if he was crazy and pointed out the fact that she had commited no crime but he doesn't care.

And why is he doing this? Its a pure political move and his meeting with the Galactic council members suggested that. Jean is serving as a cause bc the history with the Phoenix is so personal with the Shi'ar. He is using her as a scapegoat to unite the fractured Shi'ar Empire as well as to exert to the other races that they are still a great empire of power

If you ignore Gladiator's motives and take it on its surface value, then I can see why it would make no sense. But Bendis covered his bases here IMO. This has nothing to do with charging an innocent teen Jean with crimes her older self did or bc she might bond with the Phoenix, but more about a political power play by a desperate emperor. This unfortunate happens in real life so I can see the parallels to the story being told.

So basically Jean is Gladiator's WMDs in Iraq?
pretty much. Doesn't have to be rational or make sense, but if you make it a big enough issue, placing fear in the minds of the people, they will get behind and support your efforts to "protect" them. In the process he ends up looking like a hero and strong leader to his people as well as the other rulers out there

Or, like Gee Dubya, he looks like a lying *****e who's committed incalculable resources to a fool's errand to a large percentage of the population. But yeah, there's not really much anyone can do in the short term about it. Maybe he intends to let Jean off the hook in the end anyway, since it's the trial itself that helps him, not necessarily a guilty verdict.

Jason Aaron is leaving Amazing X-Men and will be replaced by Chris Yost and Craig Kyle with Colossus joining the team.

Expect the death toll to skyrocket again, then. :o

Good. I missed them on an ongoing and they remain 1 of my favorite creative pairing from the last 5 years

Jason Aaron is leaving Amazing X-Men and will be replaced by Chris Yost and Craig Kyle with Colossus joining the team.
Is Colossus still a fugitive or whatever was going on in X-Force?

Anyway, I read an interview with Yost and Kyle and they specifically mentioned they would try to keep the swashbuckling, fun tone. The X-Men really need a series like that, since that whole f***ing line seems to drift toward angsty gloom far too often. I'll miss Aaron, but I'll keep reading so long as they keep it fun.

damn, so what, Aaron's only on Thor for Marvel now??
Lame, his run from Wolverine-W&TXM-Amazing X has been some of my favorite X-stories in years
he will be missed

He wasn't the one that needed to go. McGuinness' art isn't something I'm a fan of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"