X-Men - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what impact that will have on the mutants in the non-X-men books bc to my knowledge the Avengers titles arent really handling this Inhuman nonsense

Isn't Dazzler dying from the Terrigen mists? I don't read A-Force. I don't know whats happening to Rogue, Cannonball, Sunspot and Cable in Avengers. While Beast is set to return in IvX, he's not really in a lot of Uncanny Inhumans issues.

I like this inhuman "nonsense". Not only it plays to Marvel trying to replace X-Men with the Inhumans which brings more attention to the X-Men and also Inhuman at the same time, but it makes the X-Men look like the underdogs in Marvel Universe and I think it could lead to some interesting storylines. For example, is the current Civil War II comics sound that interesting on paper compare to X-Men Vs Inhumans, not really. Plus the fact that this is the first time that the X-Men has something do with the Inhumans, makes it feel fresh especially compare to Avx, when you had a lot of characters from both sides acting out of character. If they execute this well, this could be really good.

Last edited:
The X-men have been underdogs since House of M. The current development with the Inhumans is nothing new and its rebooted their status quo from 10 years ago, which they were only just starting to recover from

And this isnt the first time we've seen the X-men intersect with Inhumans. They've crossed over with them before in X-factor in the 80s a couple of times

X-FACTOR-ANNUAL-2-Marvel-Comic-Book-1987-Inhumans.jpg

latest

and of course in recent years with War of Kings and the cosmic stuff featuring Havok's team

5b57b39c-c780-44cc-9994-c30a10abadce.jpg

Last edited:
Those aren't really X-Men/Inhumans "event". While War of Kings feature Havok, Polaris, Rachel and Vulcan - they weren't really "the X-Men" when they were out in space. Just mutants or X-Men characters that happened to be there. So IvX/Death of X is really the first time that these two properties are sharing an event that is so focused on the both of them.

Now you change your stance to event but thats not what you originally stated. The two teams have crossed paths. X-factor were X-men. They werent featured in a book titled X-Men but I dont think anyone would argue that the O5 were X-men in everything but name during that era. Endgame was a big X-factor story and the Inhumans were featured prominently in that.

War of Kings was definitely an X-men story. It was a joint one with the Inhumans and other cosmic characters. Half the story was built up in Annihilation and the other half was built up in UXM (with Deadly Genesis as a prelude). War of Kings took the X-men spun directly out of that, actually X-men: Kingbreaker to be exact. The War of Kings Saga was a continuation of that same story. That was a big event based off years worth of stories that merged the X-men and cosmic lines

Last edited:
Endgame featured the Inhumans, but they weren't against each other (in the sense of X-Men vs. the Royal Family). Apocalypse was the villain, he just happened to use Inhumans instead of mutants at the time. The real noteworthy thing was that they were on the Blue Area of the Moon (given the Phoenix connection).

I suppose War of Kings depends a lot on perspective. I thought of it as far more a cosmic story than an X-Men story, but anything with the Shi'ar can plausibly count as an X-Men story.

War of Kings was 50/50 X-Men and Inhumans. There were more cosmic tie-ins just based on where it took place, but the core of the story was Vulcan and Blackbolt. The story involving Vulcan, the Shi'ar, and the Starjammers including Havok, Polaris, and Rachel Grey was the conclusion of End of Greys, Deadly Genesis, and Rise & Fall of the Shi'ar Empire. All X-Men stories.

Now you change your stance to event but thats not what you originally stated. The two teams have crossed paths. X-factor were X-men. They werent featured in a book titled X-Men but I dont think anyone would argue that the O5 were X-men in everything but name during that era. Endgame was a big X-factor story and the Inhumans were featured prominently in that.

War of Kings was definitely an X-men story. It was a joint one with the Inhumans and other cosmic characters. Half the story was built up in Annihilation and the other half was built up in UXM (with Deadly Genesis as a prelude). War of Kings took the X-men spun directly out of that, actually X-men: Kingbreaker to be exact. The War of Kings Saga was a continuation of that same story. That was a big event based off years worth of stories that merged the X-men and cosmic lines

No I didn't change my stance, because like you. I've seen X-Men characters in Inhumans comic-books and I've seen Inhumans characters in X-Men comic-books. Recently Crystal and a couple of Inhumans just appeared in All-New X-Men.

What I meant from my original post, that X-Men/Inhumans never had an event together that focused on the both of them. War of Kings is nothing different from Secret Invasion. War of Kings wasn't also solely focused on Inhumans/X-Men.

Last edited:
It was though. Havok's group was a main focus alongside the Inhumans against the villain Vulcan. The guardians of the galaxy were in one scene. Nova wasn't in any.

No I didn't change my stance, because like you. I've seen X-Men characters in Inhumans comic-books and I've seen Inhumans characters in X-Men comic-books. Recently Crystal and a couple of Inhumans just appeared in All-New X-Men.

What I meant from my original post, that X-Men/Inhumans never had an event together that focused on the both of them. War of Kings is nothing different from Secret Invasion. War of Kings wasn't also solely focused on Inhumans/X-Men.

It was though. Havok's group was a main focus alongside the Inhumans against the villain Vulcan. The guardians of the galaxy were in one scene. Nova wasn't in any.
Pretty much what JewishHobbit said. This was the read order

Kl4EqnW.jpg

You may want to go back and read it bc Nova and the GOTG had tie ins in their own books but the main series was all about the space X-men and the Inhumans. That was the main conflict with then uniting against Vulcan and the Shi'ar

Eh I just read it like maybe 2 months, though I just finished Who Will Rule the other day, and no. Maybe if it featured at least eight X-Men okay. But a X-Men villain and a handful of X-Men? The X-Men (Havok/Rachel/Polaris) didn't even much dialogue and role in the actual War of Kings (#1 to #6) issues. So not really. Starjammers and Shi'ar aren't even X-Men, even if you consider them as X-Men characters, they aren't X-Men like Psylocke or Colossus. So no. So its not a X-Men/Inhumans event especially if you are gonna compare it to IvX or Death of X.

Last edited:
we haven't seen so many beloved x-characters in months or years

and they give us goldballs

thanks, Marvel

They couldn't get a better artist for this?

A bi-weekly comic tends to mean you need fast.

and they give us goldballs

thanks, Marvel

following up on this: They gave us goldballs AND [BLACKOUT]killed Madrox[/BLACKOUT]

I never subscribed to the "Marvel is trying to scrub the X-Men" thing, but its hard to argue they're giving them the proper respect

God the Inhumans are awful. What they did is commit genocide, on the same scale as Scarlet Witch IMO. Not numberwise but as far as reach on Earth

following up on this: They gave us goldballs AND [BLACKOUT]killed Madrox[/BLACKOUT]

I never subscribed to the "Marvel is trying to scrub the X-Men" thing, but its hard to argue they're giving them the proper respect
His mutant power is to die and come back so I wouldnt really be too worried about this. Seriously the very nature of his powers is a built in retcon device

Last edited:
Rest in piece [blackout]Jamie Madrox[/blackout]!

Anyway, the Death of X issue was kinda cool. Though I think the X-Men part was much better than the Inhumans part. I hope they will use this as an opportunity to kill Goldballs! And how come the three Stepford Cuckoos managed to stay alive this long! When their two sisters were killed in a span of 1 year. Death of X needs more X-Men (not X-students) and Royal Family. I cannot wait to see what are the role of Sunfire, Havok, Rachel and Polaris. In one of the issues of Extraordinary X-Men, they called Sunfire a traitor. I'm not sure what he did so I'm assuming the 8 month gap has something to do with it. Then there's a page from Uncanny X-Men #12 or #13 which featured a lot of images of X-Men/Inhumans and Polaris/Rachel/Havok are in the collage so I guess they have a role in this too! Anyway I can't wait. These issues are too short though. I read Uncanny 14/Death of X in less than 30 minutes. Shen Xorn has also been appearing in a couple of issues, so we are gonna definitely gonna see more of him! I think Cyclops will either die from the Terrigen Mist radiation OR Black Bolt will kill him? I think this war gets too far that Cyclops will kill one of the Inhumans, specifically the new NuHuman that debuted in Death of X #1, since that NuHuman aren't in the last several issues of All-New Inhumans / The Uncanny Inhumans. Anyway I cannot wait. I I

Last edited:
Rest in piece [blackout]Jamie Madrox[/blackout]!

Anyway, the Death of X issue was kinda cool. Though I think the X-Men part was much better than the Inhumans part. I hope this use this as an opportunity to kill Goldballs! And how come the three Stepford Cuckoos managed to stay alive this long! When their two sisters were killed in a span of 1 year. But Death of X needs more X-Men (not X-students) and Royal Family.

Blame that on Esme. Esme pretty much killed Sophie and then Esme got herself killed with her wreckless behavior. The remaining three are alot more level headed and have recieved more training since then.

I hate how different they look and I think thats one of the worse things Bendis did. They seem like three different characters now as opposed to the "Three-In-One". The hive mind worked for them and made them feel unique and special bc I always viewed them as a unit. Even thought they were clones, they still had their subtle differences. Despite going in a completely different direction, they know come across more generic to me and what made them stand apart is now lost.

I don't mind the hair color change. Though given the everyday lives of the X-Men, one of the writers could have easily killed one of them off. Not that I want to see that happen but I don't feel like any of the Cuckoos progressed in a long time so I wouldn't mind if they kill one of them.

Anyway, I think they could use this Terrigen Mist radiation to wipe off some of the hundred X-Men characters then come up with interesting story-lines while they are it. So yeah kill off Goldballs and some of the students who have been doing nothing for years now. Make mutants an endangered species again and focus on more interesting X-Men. I didn't really like the mutant population boom in 2012, I felt X-Men was all over the place at that time and I feel like now, its much easier to follow things but still they need to get rid off a lot more characters. Then for the big ones, kill off Magneto. Like I'm reading Uncanny X-Men which is my favorite out of the 3 core titles, but I've had enough of the Magneto show.

I don't mind the hair color change. Though given the everyday lives of the X-Men, one of the writers could have easily killed one of them off. Not that I want to see that happen but I don't feel like any of the Cuckoos progressed in a long time so I wouldn't mind if they kill one of them.

Anyway, I think they could use this Terrigen Mist radiation to wipe off some of the hundred X-Men characters then come up with interesting story-lines while they are it. So yeah kill off Goldballs and some of the students who have been doing nothing for years now. Make mutants an endangered species again and focus on more interesting X-Men. I didn't really like the mutant population boom in 2012, I felt X-Men was all over the place at that time and I feel like now, its much easier to follow things but still they need to get rid off a lot more characters. Then for the big ones, kill off Magneto. Like I'm reading Uncanny X-Men which is my favorite out of the 3 core titles, but I've had enough of the Magneto show.
Mutants are an endangered species and have been since HoM. That never changed. The last thing Marvel should be doing is mass killing off more mutant characters. Thats literally been the narrative for the past decade and this story with the Inhumans is more of that crap

Didn't a lot of mutants were born/manifested after AvX? Thats why we got a lot of new faces in Uncanny X-Men/Wolverine and the X-Men. Anyway, I'm up for a mass-killing, most of it are probably just random mutants who appeared in like 3 issues. On paper, that'd be a great event. But keep the main ones like Psylocke, Iceman, Angel, Storm, Emma, Beast, Colossus, Kitty, Rogue, Havok, M, Polaris, Jubilee, Nightcrawler and the other A-listers. Though they need to kill some of the big faces for impact.

My hit list:
1. Magneto
2. Apocalypse
3. Goldballs
4. Sprite and the other lesser known background mutants
5. Exodus
6. Mystique (she's been going for circles, absolute no direction)
7. Some of the current Hellfire Club members

More manifested but they are still endangered. The population was close to 30 million before Nova struck Genosha. Scarlet Witch then wiped out most but a couple hundred. AvX allowed some of the latent X-genes to manifest and mutant births to become a thing again but they most definitely didnt move off the extinction list. AvX just gave them hope. Im pretty sure the mutant numbers are still low. Maybe in the thousands if they're lucky. I doubt they even have a million.

The mutant population booming in thousands led to a messy time for X-Men comic-books. I don't see how mutants were an endangered species when the mutant population was on the rise even if it was slowly happening. And normally, it would take a long time for a population to regrow. We've discussed this before with the other members, that newer generations post AvX were the worst generation of new mutants and look at them now, M.I.A. And when they bring back faces like Goldballs and Triage, the reaction isn't good.

So for that I'd rather see just a hundred of mutants, wipe the excess baggage especially in the X-Men circle. Marvel will just have to focus on their already established characters and possibly give the less developed characters a chance to shine. Rather than introducing and moving to another new mutant face every year.

Last edited:
The Xbooks were a hot mess before AvX. The fallout of that didnt ruin things or make anything worse.

Marvel is already focusing on just a select few of established characters. I dont see why they need to mass murder mutants in the thousands bc again this is exactly what they did 10 years ago and it led to one of the worst era in X-history. Wiping out mutantkind in such a catastrophic way again has larger implications and it severely limits the narrative especially since this is territory we just experienced not long ago.

The mutant population is not the same as X-book characters.

Post AvX, the mutant population became something more akin to the pre-Morrison era. Sizable, but not exactly a big minority. The new status quo has plenty of interesting possibilities (that will hopefully be explored in X-men vs Inhumans and beyond). I just hope they stick with it a bit longer. I remember not enjoying the San Francisco status quo changing every 6 months.

And screw you all, I love Goldballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back