X-Men - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click the covers for full previews:

Charging us five bucks for it too. :down

I'm loving the X-men! I like Bendis's stuff, but mostly for what he's doing with Jean. If you don't like his style, Amazing X-men feels like an 80s Chris Claremont comic, and the rebooted WatX focuses on a cool group of students, but also has bigger plans for cool stories (I'm looking at you, Evan). And then X-factor is once again playing the role of mutant book disconnected from all the other mutant drama.

I feel like the books are so diverse you're bound to find something to like. I certainly don't have anything to complain about.

I'm stoked for that Nightcrawler series. Can't wait for one of my favorite characters to get the focus again.

Yeah Nightcrawler's pretty much the only x-character I give a s*** about at this point

Cyke and Wolverine are both continually being ruined
Beast and Kitty are constantly making dumb f***ing decisions
The O5 are extremely boring, as they were the first time around when they almost got X-Men cancelled in the 70's

If they made a book where the team was just Nightcrawler, Iceman, Colossus, and like, Psylocke, with maybe Broo, Evan, Quentin, and the cuckoos as students.. I'd be soo happy

I'm also surprisingly enjoying All-New X-Factor. Peter David had overstayed his welcome on X-Factor by several years in my opinion prompting me to just give up on the title entirely. I had no interest in continuing his run, but the cast of bigger names got me curious (particularly Quicksilver, Gambit, and Polaris). So I thought I'd try it and am finding myself loving it. Yay.

If they made a book where the team was just Nightcrawler, Iceman, Colossus, and like, Psylocke, with maybe Broo, Evan, Quentin, and the cuckoos as students.. I'd be soo happy

So just the school without Wolverine, Kitty or Beast? :oldrazz:

I want them to have Cyclops do something just balls out amazing that makes the whole world sit up and apologize for treating him like they did, then he just goes ''Whatevs, it's just what I do. I never stopped.'' Mostly because they've treated him like garbage ever since he started running X-Force undercover because it was something he had to do.

I still say Cyclops was right in doing what he did and that the Phoenix has a very long track record of corrupting hosts and making them do crazy crap so it's not like there's no precedent for that behavior. AVX was bull**** from start to end. *rant over*

I also want Doctor Nemesis to go back to being totally balls to the wall amazingly crazy like he was on Utopia. Running with Cable has made him dull and annoying.

Nightcrawler, Nightcrawler, Nightcrawler...Can't wait for his book.

Guess, i can start buying comics again now that he is back:)

It's also really funny that Marvel basically Said F*** YOU to both the Scott/Jean shippers and the Logan/Jean shippers at the same time

"neither of you gets her so nanana boo boo!"

Teen Scott still can 'get her'...I'm awaiting the inevitable young 'all new, all different' Logan to conveniently get time displaced into the present, shirtless and sweaty, chopping wood outside Jean's window...except he would look like a young Hugh Jackman.

queue love triangle drama again. wash. rinse. repeat.

I enjoyed the 25th issue of ANXM, even though I'm sure some will feel it wasn't worth the $5. There were some cool spreads from a bunch of artists depicting possible futures that ranged from a nightmare to progress. While there were some really funny segments and comedic art styles, it ended with a sense of emptiness and depression.

My favorite stuff was the conversation with Beast and seeing all the bleak futures of the X-Men for going things on their own. Seeing "Queen" Jean and the Iceman monsters was awesome.

Colossus-by-Lee-Bermejo.jpg

Yeah a $4.99 price is ridiculous; I love this image of Colossus though. Can't wait to see him in Amazing. I'm not overly impressed with his treatment lately though.
I did love NightCrawler #1 also (one of my top 5 X-men); so glad he is back.

I've been catching up on more X-men comics

- I'm really enjoying Cyclops vs. Maria Hill in Uncanny. The Mystique/Dazzler situation is really interesting too.
- What the heck is going on in Wolverine and the X-men? It's kind of losing me. I thought they were letting the Phoenix stuff rest for a while. Quire needs better characterization beyond being "ironic" if he's going to cary this story. I like Evan though, and it's nice seeing Hellion (in a very small role).
- Amazing X-men is alright. I hope mopey Nightcrawler doesn't last long.
- X-Factor has a great team with a mediocre set-up.
- Where's Colossus?

I've been catching up on more X-men comics

- I'm really enjoying Cyclops vs. Maria Hill in Uncanny. The Mystique/Dazzler situation is really interesting too.
- What the heck is going on in Wolverine and the X-men? It's kind of losing me. I thought they were letting the Phoenix stuff rest for a while. Quire needs better characterization beyond being "ironic" if he's going to cary this story. I like Evan though, and it's nice seeing Hellion (in a very small role).
- Amazing X-men is alright. I hope mopey Nightcrawler doesn't last long.
- X-Factor has a great team with a mediocre set-up.
- Where's Colossus?
He's rejoining the team in Amazing X-Men in the next upcoming issues.

Colossus-by-Lee-Bermejo.jpg

Yeah a $4.99 price is ridiculous; I love this image of Colossus though. Can't wait to see him in Amazing. I'm not overly impressed with his treatment lately though.
I did love NightCrawler #1 also (one of my top 5 X-men); so glad he is back.

I honestly thought that was Cable at first! :funny:

Giant gun, metal arm, massively muscled, no feet. Sounds like Cable. :p

Cable is my 3rd favourite X-Character.

I love Cable.

1: Cyclops
2: Nightcrawler
3: Cable

Cable is my second after Jean. Archangel would probably be my third

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts