X-Men - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hank and Jean are the only breakouts. Cyclops is too whiny, Angel is underdeveloped and Bobby is redundant with the older version pretty much having the same character arc. I fear Jean will be redundant with the older version returning so that leaves Hank as the only real unique one and to be honest he is a much better character than his older self

I don't really feel like O5 Jean's all that interesting either. It's been yet another "Oh no! The Phoenix" plot that's been so over done that it's boring every single time. I mean, we just had this arc with the Hope... the last Jean knock off.

Not sure which book this is for (although likely Red since the Phoenix Resurrection covers should be complete by now), but looks like J. Scott Campbell will be doing variant covers of Jean through the years like he did for Blue

jLn1Vm1.jpg

azb2wzA.jpg

Last edited:
Hank and Jean are the only breakouts. Cyclops is too whiny, Angel is underdeveloped and Bobby is redundant with the older version pretty much having the same character arc. I fear Jean will be redundant with the older version returning so that leaves Hank as the only real unique one and to be honest he is a much better character than his older self
hmm all the more reason they should have tought about this better. and had be differthey already made differchso's with young jean being and the other fallow her intruction from the start when older beast brought them here. I have would have like thew two ice to have different personality from each other as beast does. thatI always said I'm ok with things as they are now I don't want to ruin things for fan's enjoying it as it is but it would have been better that way as well.

as to the whole youg cyclopse thing and young jean my mind keep wounder if f the best way to deal with it and not bother with sending them back cause the other current day writer are making it impossble to send them back is to have the time deplace X-men reincarnated in a certain so they can be childrend of the older version

liks younger cyclops and jean being twins so they don't getto gehter at all name young jenette and have have alburn hair and she can date mile the ultmatespider since she already made out with him young cyclops can date other girls .

theI feel the exlplorating thing with being should be young ice man's story and older bobby should inthe position to do what his father too to far long to do give his kid's unconditonal acceptance. I've stated this befoe as well. agin as I stated I don't want ruin thing fo9r certain fan's but this has be in my mind alot, where the ice man's are involoved.

hmmm young warrne should be warren the 4th his dad the third who this kid might also have bradoock blood isn't inthe best mind set to run worventon industrys and there something that can be done with that.

well I know what I do if it were me..
but I don't dis like the idea that others have become X-men or they have expanded abit. there other way's to show case them with itn the same titlwle . I had a plan foemer to have team's call metalix's devision spin off from gold and nop that doesn't more books to them selves
no better start thing that

ultra violet which start fromn blue you have red etc

and I was thing some something called gemstone

the book titles would still raman X-men

Xfactor and Xforce and nemutant /gen x.
but like other agencys they have their own department's or devision's

which is why I was always thinking that wolverine neded one of his own as I mention to mad ones ,

havok of Xfactor woulod run the domestic agec side Xfactor

there would be a Xse deparment run by bishop chief and gambit ( Field onne ba counteroperations manager) Rogue was gonna be acounter terroism manager and I thing that can still be done with her and aunity team of avenger and X-men

and I wanted storm to be the head of the stratigic service's with mimic the original mimic.

while sage did counter intel with joseph

and I'm giving away too much of my idea's again. Dr. cosmic warned me not to do that.

Well I had plans before plan to head into the games industry. where the X-men were invovled and the larger mu and might mixed wild storm characters if some thing faild there too. I had apaper with list of team's and no thy would get book to them selves but they'd be shown in very clever way.

Last edited:
Let the guessing begin

DOhlCcbXUAIl86E.jpg

People are speculating Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Beast, Northstar (or Cannonball)

New X-men's getting love

DOhxdCaVoAA2jaP.jpg:large

I think the braided character is Dani and if so, that will be a GREAT choice for me

Last edited:
Obviously Nightcrawler on the right.

Also... YAY! Nezhno! And I like the idea of Namor rejoining. I was adamantly against it when Fraction had him join the team, but I really grew to appreciate his presence. I was sad when he left.

Ew Namor. I hate him. I guess that rules out Storm considering what Namor did to Wakanda :(

Jean doesnt have the best track record when picking teams lol

Edit: Nezhno is from Wakanda isnt he? hmmm

Well, with Nightcrawler on the team, I can officially cancel Gold.

Laura and Gabby sounds like fun, though.

Are we getting Blink as well?

Namor as an X-man is a little played out though. Maybe Jean can hook up with him instead of Logan.

Frankly, it is just easier to go Laura, Logan, and Old Man Logan.

Full cover up. Laura and a new character, Trinary. A bold move.

Eh, and now my excitement has fizzled

Nightcrawler, cool. X23, alright. And then it just goes downhill from there. Gentle/Nezhno could be cool, but hasnt really been developed so far. Namor can be fun at times, but I just dont think he works as an xman most of the time. Gabby is a fine side character fir Laura’s book, but I dont need anymore clawed people in my life. And the new girl will probably be forgotten the second this book ends/gets a reboot.

Was hopin for Wolvie Classic on Jeans team, but I guess he has some infinty gem s**t to handle before he rejoins the xmen

Plus, this art isnt nearly as pretty as that other cover

Supposedly, Rogue or Gambit will also be on the team.

Supposedly, Rogue or Gambit will also be on the team.

Gambit would help a bit
I always kinda liked the beat way back in Claremonts XMen 1 where Jean admits finding Remy to be hot... how would the people who hate Rogue/Remy and Jean/Scott/Logan feel about a Jean/Remy relationship?

Full reveal

DOiM6zsV4AA6CQN.jpg:large

The continued ignorance of the Hellions and other younger mutants is annoying. (I get it she's Taylor's creation, but why the heck is Gabby here over one of them?) But including Gentle and Nightcrawler is enough to sell me on this.

After 13 years being away,I was expecting Jean to return to lead an All star cast of X-men and they stick her with mutants she's either never meant or barely has a connection to. The choices here outside of Nightcrawler are odd. With that said its different and the X-Men need new blood and not a constant nostalgia fest

X-men is at a point where the fan favorite character roster is just too wide, and that any roster will piss off someone.

The team doesn't make a book good, the writing does. If all it takes is an all-star team, then Extraordinary X-men and X-men Gold would be great.

Wolverine: I'm really happy that Laura will be Wolverine on this team. I still need a longer Logan break, and Tom Taylor has made me like Laura quite a bit.

Gabby: I am not a fan of the stabby-stabby characters, but I really like Gabby and it's exciting that this will be her first team book. She's part of what makes ANW special and helps give that book an identity, so I'm a little worried about diluting the character.

Gentle: I like Wakanda and I like New X-men characters, but I haven't read much of Nezhno which is exciting to me. He's a fresh, unexpected face and I hope he puts Namor in his place.

Namor: I really don't like Namor and he's the only character i wish wasn't on the team. I thought Namor was fine during the Utopia and Phoenix Five days when he brought some drama to Emma and Scott. But I really can't see why Jean would want him on her team, especially given that history. Hopefully he'll be antagonistic and there for drama. His costume is pretty ugly.

Trinary: I'm pretty excited for a new character that isn't a student (hopefully). New X-characters are always teenagers who get showcased a little bit and then dumped at the school where they become part of the crowd. I'm interested to see what brings her to the team and I like her design!

Nightcrawler: It's a bit weird that Nightcrawler will be in two teams. I think everyone loves Nightcrawler, now lets see if Taylor can do something different and interesting with him. Personally, I would have liked it if Storm left Gold and joined Red instead of Nightcrawler pulling double duty.

I would be thrilled if X-men Red is as good as Taylor's ANW, which is a series I never expected to like. I am disappointed that Storm isn't in Red, but more so because she's wasted in Gold, and I wanted Iceman on the team since he isn't on roster. But I'd rather see solid writing than my own personal wishes fulfilled. I like this combination of traditional characters, young characters, and brand new characters. New relationships, rather than retreads.

Hopefully Phoenix Resurrections showcases Jean reuniting with her many friends who aren't on the team.

I'm good with the roster. hope she can keep namorin control. other then I'm good. caqn't wait for this series to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"