X-Men - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It featured Tin Man. Anyway most of that series had the other Marvel heroes as guests. Spidey, DD, FF, War Machine. Anyway the last issue from it that I had a physical copy is issue #10. The rest I binged read earlier tis year.

Anyway, My line up for Gen X:
Jubillee (already confirmed)
Cannonball
M
Husk
Surge
Elixir
Hellion
Wolfsbane
Blink

A mix of x-kids of the last 3 decades. I added Wolfsbane since she never officially joined the X-Men, and all the New Mutants slready joined the team, she's the only one left.

X-Men Gold and Generation X look like potential fun. Maybe even Weapon X, depending on who is the focus.

If the X-Men can have Blue and Gold, can we have series called 'Hellfire: Black' and 'Hellfire: White?' (or Hellfire: Red) :)

That's why I find him an interesting choice. The other X-Men aren't doing it. Gambit has stepped into leadership before when necessary with the Thieves and Assassins guilds.

Gambit seems like a perfect 'non-leader' in a 'first among equals' sort of team of X-folk who don't necessarily take orders well. (Madrox kind of served this role in PAD's X-Factor. Yes, technically he was leader, but his team pretty much did what they were going to do. He wasn't 'leading' them in the same way that Cyclops or Captain America would lead a team, he was just kind of the 'on-paper' boss of the agency.)

Gather together a group of X-folk who don't take orders, or suffer fools gladly, like Rachel Summers, Bishop, Monet, Psylocke, Sunfire, Forge, etc. (notably the sort of X-folk that you wouldn't commonly see on a team led by Cyclops, none of the 'old guard' like Warren or Bobby or Hank or Jean) and that could be kind of fun. The team could even have a doesn't-play-well-with-others non-mutant like Quicksilver or Deathbird, just to jazz things up.

Last edited:
Is Wolverine still dead? I'm too scared to look. So, there's going to be a reboot like they did with the DC Comics? I was upset over where the X-Men's stories were going. The books were no longer fun to read. Of course, it all started for me when Mike Carey ended his wonderful run by putting Rogue in bed with Magneto. I haven't gotten over that.

Is Wolverine still dead? I'm too scared to look. So, there's going to be a reboot like they did with the DC Comics? I was upset over where the X-Men's stories were going. The books were no longer fun to read. Of course, it all started for me when Mike Carey ended his wonderful run by putting Rogue in bed with Magneto. I haven't gotten over that.

yes Wolverine is still dead. Marvel has never done a reboot like DC Comics. They relaunch their books but the continuity is still the same as it was back in the 60s. Resurrexion is just the branding for the next X-men relaunches that will happen next year. Titles will end and new ones will replace them

I am underwhelmed by this Death of X. It is a no brainer that the Diasuke inhuman will be a casualty, that will cost Cyclops' life. I really hope the final issue will feature more of the 8 month gap. Like how the X-Men moved to X-Haven, then how some of the X-Men became part of Psylocke's team.

They showed that already the magician's of Marvel like Strange & Scarlet Witch helped build X-Haven.

I think Cyclops died already and not by Inhumans it seemed weird with his scenes with Emma like she was projecting his image for everyone else

I just hope Warpath doesn't die following Magneto/Emma to Inhumans base

Hasn't really been one in a while.

Hasn't really been one in a while.

opinionated.gif

Cyclops is THE hero of The Marvel Universe. He literally died for his people

opinionated.gif

Cyclops is THE hero of The Marvel Universe. He literally died for his people

I'm sorry but in the death o X he's a straight up villain. With what he's done, acts like and whatever the **** he's about to do he's in straight up supervillain category.

I'm sorry but in the death o X he's a straight up villain. With what he's done, acts like and whatever the **** he's about to do he's in straight up supervillain category.

Not to me hopefully he takes a couple thousand Inhumans with him on his way out

Maybe that will change when #4 comes out but as of 3, I'd disagree. I really don't see anything that qualifies him as a super villain

He HAS to end up as a villain in #4 just based on what other characters have been saying since Secret Wars. I can't stand it and feel that Cyclops has been character assassinated since AvX (or sooner), but it is what it is.

He has pretty much been on the Magneto path since House of M.

Nah Marvel has only teased Cyclops going the Magneto route. While he isn't idealistic (mostly because of the circumstances), he's been a strong leader and made hard choices and I still think came out looking like a revolutionary hero. I'm not impressed by Storm's leadership so far, and I've been hoping her profile would get raised for a while.

I can't wait for Resurrexion. I'd like to see Dani Moonstar, Kitty Pryde, and Rogue in leadership positions eventually.

Considering we haven't seen what he's about to do and barely have any actual idea of what it is he does (let alone the circumstances), maybe wait and see?

Considering we haven't seen what he's about to do and barely have any actual idea of what it is he does (let alone the circumstances), maybe wait and see?

But we already know that it's somethimg horrible judging from what different people said about it in all the x-books. And with the way hes being written in death of x right now i have no doubts it will be a complete dick, villain move. Might be wrong though. Man I hate death of X XD

Well, one theory:

Scott's already dead and Emma frost is just controlling him/projecting him.

Nah Marvel has only teased Cyclops going the Magneto route. While he isn't idealistic (mostly because of the circumstances), he's been a strong leader and made hard choices and I still think came out looking like a revolutionary hero. I'm not impressed by Storm's leadership so far, and I've been hoping her profile would get raised for a while.

I can't wait for Resurrexion. I'd like to see Dani Moonstar, Kitty Pryde, and Rogue in leadership positions eventually.

So, creating a hit squad isn't a Magneto move?

But we already know that it's somethimg horrible judging from what different people said about it in all the x-books. And with the way hes being written in death of x right now i have no doubts it will be a complete dick, villain move. Might be wrong though. Man I hate death of X XD
Your judging him on something we haven't seen yet. Characters talked and acted the same way about Scott after AvX and without that context people might have thought the same about him if you didn't actually read the events of the book. I'd say wait before labeling a super villain bc nothing shown so far has supported that

I'm hoping Emma is somehow controlling him or something so that we can have an easier path back. If he goes full on villain it might finally be time for me to just give up on the X-Men.

I think it would be a cop out to say Emma is controlling him bc he has been written as darker for the past several years so the stuff he does doesnt seem like too much of a stretch. If they wanted a plot device to explain his actions away and redeem him, all they need to do is revisit the Void which has never come back up in continuity since a piece of it was locked away in his head years ago. Say thats been influencing him and clouding his judgement

What did Scott even do? It looks like he got Alchemy to alter the chemical composition of the Terrigen Cloud but my guess is that instead of fixing it so it doesnt kill mutants, he altered it so that it kills humans

Hero or not, the last ten years for the X-Men has been all about Cyclops. Like give me a break from that and give the lesser known characters their chance at the spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"