X-Men - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Death of X officially sucked. I hated pretty much everything about it. Every. Single. Thing.

I don't talk that much here cause after new x-men I sorta dropped off the books for good reason alot went down hill from there for me. and I did try to get back with whedoon run but still felt some wrong still happen and just couldn't say on it. b I did try to keep up from time to time. ijust wan't feeling it. I read the last issue due to a friend that still reads. but he's stopping all the heroes have gone too senile for him too

I like what was said here . by this newsaram article

at the very end of this review
Screenshot_2016-11-23-11-49-30-1.png

Best Shots Review: DEATH OF X #4 'The End of an Era'

1 day ago | Article
The last stand of Cyclops and the next step for Inhumans and mutants.
Read

And that’s the message we should get out of
Death of X
: That the world is big enough for both the X-Men and the Inhumans. They don’t have to fight - they can be their own thing, and they can succeed on their own merits, not at the expense of one another. And if Marvel can finally figure that out - if they can finally figure out how to save these two struggling franchises -
and more importantly stop making us us hate these characters with these messed up actions. can't believe they wanted us to like the inhuman with how they acted.

Last edited:
I'm not sure the Inhumans are supposed to be liked in the story. There hasn't been anything since Secret Wars to cause X-Fans to like them. The only time I ever see people say that they're supposed to be liked is when X-Fans say "Marvel wants us to like them but I don't." Now, if you read the Inhuman stories, I find them very likable. But neither the X-Books or Death of X actually ended up as Inhumans stories.

As for the story itself, I feel they had to plan a different ending and caved. I suspect they were torn between making Scott do something terrible and making it a proper sendoff to a character who is dying. I think they ultimately did the latter.

That being said, what was done in Issue 2 leaves some room for consequences in the following months of the eight month gap based on shouting fire in a crowded theater. I don't think that's a defense of the story, though, since this story was the opportunity to show that.

Emma is friggin nuts. I really hope this is explored in her next appearance bc she should by all accounts be in the middle of a mental breakdown

As far as what Scott "did"....what a letdown. Nothing from this issue really warranted any of the hate he got after the 8 month gap. I fail to see how he is this big bad villian. Blackbolt murdered him as far as everyone knows. "Scott" managed to neutralize one of the clouds that was killing the mutants. He should be seen as a hero

Those claiming Scott was a villian...I wonder what your thoughts are now after the issue has released

Last edited:
I can understand what Emma did but she's crazy nuts.

As for Black Bolt killing Cyclops, that was just so bad. So Cyclops destroyed the terrigen cloud (well just some of it) which is killing a lot of mutants and he gets to die for that. Stupid writing! This is just gonna make people to dislike the Inhumans more. I thought Cyke killed someone for him to earn his death but nope.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/28/x-men-gold-and-blue-rosters-and-creative-teams-revealed?abthid=583c61a02659968a5100000b

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-
goddamn time displaced jackasses comandeering the x-men blue title, why the hell are they still here Marvel?!?
They're 'trendy' and 'modern' and 'edgy' but still manage to be milquetoast and completely boring

As for Gold, it seems... mildly interesting. I like the concept of them trying to be superheroes again (Astonishing X-Men much?) And Kitty being around is always a huge plus. But I'm bummed to see Colossus lost the beard and Nightcrawler lost the cool armor, and Storm lost the fluff-hawk. But out of the two this one is the winner.

But man, Marvel piqued my interest, and then completely squandered it

And it's interesting that Adult (real) Iceman is supposedly the focus of the solo title, but he's not on the Gold team here

Last edited:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/28/x-men-gold-and-blue-rosters-and-creative-teams-revealed?abthid=583c61a02659968a5100000b

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-
goddamn time displaced jackasses comandeering the x-men blue title, why the hell are they still here Marvel?!?
They're 'trendy' and 'modern' and 'edgy' but still manage to be milquetoast and completely boring

As for Gold, it seems... mildly interesting. I like the concept of them trying to be superheroes again (Astonishing X-Men much?) And Kitty being around is always a huge plus. But I'm bummed to see Colossus lost the beard and Nightcrawler lost the cool armor, and Storm lost the fluff-hawk. But out of the two this one is the winner.

But man, Marvel piqued my interest, and then completely squandered it
Love it! Both titles look interesting

Here are the covers

$

$

Disappointed by the confirmation that Blue is just the O5 AGAIN, but I expected that. The Gold lineup is promising. But what concerns me is that these are going to be twice-monthly, apparently, and I'm not sure I trust Marvel not to try and ship twice monthly at the $3.99 price point...

Bunn is at least going to be writing Magneto again, so that will be good. The rosters aren't a surprise, but the books look good so far.

Now reveal the rosters of the other books.

So we just have Extraordinary and All-New again with minor roster tweaks.

You know... just once... I'd actually like to have some good and exciting news to come out of X-Men announcements.

Yeah I really thought the O5 would be in Gen X (or even better, shipped home)

I'm cool with Gold being the Extraordinary team, Gold always felt like the heavy hitters compared to Blue being more 'cool' and 'edgy', but Blue should be something else.... the graduated younger X-Men like Hellion, Rockslide, Anole, Quire and them maybe... Or maybe a team of heroes who've been stuck in comic-limbo led by Havok or something.... idk

Also, whatever happened to Hope and her "Lights", beside Oya?

Last edited:
Sina Grace (W) and Alessandro Vitti (A) are the creative team on the Iceman book.

Funnily enough, he looks a lot like your avvy there, Havok

So much for a "resurrection", this feels like a downgrade. I was hoping they would do a third X-team after Extraordinary/Uncanny - but its just the Extraordinary roster now with Rachel and Kitty and a smaller roster. While All New just returns to its original line up. Hopefully Gen X will be more interesting.

Not interested in solo titles, though that Iceman's cover is cool.

http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-generation-x-creative-team-roster-revealed/

Generation-X-teaser.jpg

So Hopeless isn't writing Generation X. That's disappointing. And while I'm glad to see Quenton and Eye Boy here, Idie is noticeably absent, especially when the X-Line is in need of more diversity. The team and writer are a bit disappointing, but I'll still give it a try.

On another note, they're focusing this one the more "non-useful" mutants, which would explain why Idie and Broo are gone, but that raises two questions:

1) Where are the "useful" young mutants? Because as nice of a concept as this is, these guys aren't going to be the next generation of big-name X-Men. It seems like once again they're failing to invest in creating an actual new generation of heroes.

2) Why is Quenton here? He's destined to become the Phoenix, what the heck is he doing with the Z-List squad? Also, Eye-Boy really has a lot of potential for being a GREAT hero, so I'm not a fan of how the author is describing him...

Last edited:
I don't mind the concept of the book, especially if they can spotlight why these weirder characters are just as useful and just as heroic as their prettier counterparts

but yeah, the description she uses for Eye-boy is cringeworthy and makes me hate her a bit.... "all those eyes let him see his cisgender white male privilege" Yes, I'm sure a dude with eyeballs all over him gets tons of advantages over women and minorities... she does get mutants are supposed to be minorities, right?

Well, Chamber sounds like he will have a bit of a bigger role than his lack of presence on the cover says, so I'm cool with that.

Edit: She was a writer on The Magicians? Oh, I am all in on this.

Last edited:
How is there no diversity?

There's 4 Minorities on that cover.

Bling! is gay n black

Jubilee is Chinese-American

Nathaniel is Mixed with Korean

Nature Girl I'm not sure but Lin Li is some kinda of Asian not sure exactly which

Last edited:
So much for a "resurrection", this feels like a downgrade. I was hoping they would do a third X-team after Extraordinary/Uncanny - but its just the Extraordinary roster now with Rachel and Kitty and a smaller roster. While All New just returns to its original line up. Hopefully Gen X will be more interesting.

Not interested in solo titles, though that Iceman's cover is cool.

Keep in mind, Weapon X is probably a team book as well.

Generation X looks awful and I hate how such a beloved name is being used for this dreadful group of characters

I was really excited when the titles were announced, really disappointed when the rosters were announced, and now I've kinda moderated my excitement/disappointment. Will check out everything. I like the Iceman cover a lot.

Last edited:
Generation X looks awful and I hate how such a beloved name is being used for this dreadful group of characters

I guess you have to be a fan of Aaron's Wolverine and the X-men to be excited for it.

even then, Quire and Eye-boy weren't the best parts of that group
That'd be Kid Gladiator and Broo thankyouverymuch

but yeah it's weird that an omega-level telepath is being put on the job squad

How is there no diversity?

There's 4 Minorities on that cover.

Bling! is gay n black

Jubilee is Chinese-American

Nathaniel is Mixed with Korean

Nature Girl I'm not sure but Lin Li is some kinda of Asian not sure exactly which
I guess I didn't know these students' ethnicities because outside of Quenton and Jubilee I have no idea who the heck they are. The lack of diversity was just a major complaint I saw from the Blue/Gold announcements.

Keep in mind, Weapon X is probably a team book as well.
Hopefully that's where some of the MIA players wind up.
I don't mind the concept of the book, especially if they can spotlight why these weirder characters are just as useful and just as heroic as their prettier counterparts

but yeah, the description she uses for Eye-boy is cringeworthy and makes me hate her a bit.... "all those eyes let him see his cisgender white male privilege" Yes, I'm sure a dude with eyeballs all over him gets tons of advantages over women and minorities... she does get mutants are supposed to be minorities, right?

And what does his eye-sight have to do with him seeing his supposed privilige? That's completely unrelated to his powers which, if used right, could make Trevor a very skilled fighter instead of constantly getting used as a joke.

As for the concept, it wouldn't bother me if it wasn't for the continued presence of the O5. If we got this "lovable loser" book AND a team showcasing the young heroes who are actually capable, that would be great. Instead they continue to have the O5 overshadow the young mutants that should be in their place while the other team is a hodge-podge of safe, bankable classic mutants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"