Across the Kraven-verse: How Sony Won the Superhero Cinematic Civil War Thread - Part 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow GOTG3 is already making more per day than Fast?

I'm somewhat surprised and happy that ATSV is doing well. Typically animated CBM haven't done what the Disney/Pixar/Illumination/Dreamworks has done.
Fast is a complete joke domestically.

People only need to see ATSV to realise that it's up there with the best. Word will keep spreading further. I can see the next film doing even better.

People have had their fill of Vin and the crew domestically. I think F9 just lost people.

So Spider-verse is so far performing almost on par with Incredibles 2, thats amazing news. I think this thing is gonna blow up this weekend.

I'm somewhat surprised and happy that ATSV is doing well. Typically animated CBM haven't done what the Disney/Pixar/Illumination/Dreamworks has done.

I'm thrilled to see if doing so well also.

I expected an uptick from the first film, all things considered. ITSV had 97% on RT, an "A+" CinemaScore, basked in Oscar glory, and showed phenomenal legs at the box office. Plus it's had almost five years to expand its audience via home viewing. All of this set the stage nicely for ATSV to overperform.

Having said that, it's still wonderful to see the rabid reception to the sequel. I know it's not to everyone's taste but hopefully its success will pave the way for other studios to greenlight similar projects down the road.

DC had Super-Pets recently but Marvel still hasn't made the plunge into the big screen animated arena as of yet...

Glad to see people are realizing what I did ages ago, that the Fast movies are trash

People have had their fill of Vin and the crew domestically. I think F9 just lost people.

So Spider-verse is so far performing almost on par with Incredibles 2, thats amazing news. I think this thing is gonna blow up this weekend.
I don't expect a 180m domestic, but it's going to do very well this weekend. I think 125m is a good starting point. To early to say, but 400m domestic should be on the table. I expect this one will have legs, even with the comp. Imagine if it got to the first films overall total, domestically....

Last edited:
The problem with the Fast movies is that they're action movies, funny enough. When it's Jason Momoa doing his weird flaming villain routine, the new one's pretty funny. But then the action starts and it's such a snore. It's consistently just so deeply boring to watch the action in these recent Fast movies.

F9 definitely lost some people including me, but I still showed up for Fast X, because I liked the trailers for it and ended up enjoying it, but the damage has already been done and now that franchise is really suffering for it.

Either way that franchise is pretty much done domestically, and it looks like Fast X is actually going to end up selling less tickets than Fast and Furious 2009 not adjusted for inflation which is honestly kind of pathetic.

Thank god for those strong OS numbers though because without it we definitely wouldn't be getting a Fast X: Part 2 let alone a Hobbs spinoff starring The Rock which I'm assuming is going to have a BIG budget as well.

Glad to see people are realizing what I did ages ago, that the Fast movies are trash
1, 3, 5 and 7 have their entertainment value but as @Ninjablade said, they should have walked away after 7. 8 was forgettable and when 9 wasn't being incredibly dumb, it was being just plain boring. That said, I'm still going to watch Fast X when it hits streaming to see what the fuss is about with Momoa.

The drop off since 7 has been insane. I get why, but even still. Stark.
It's enough to make you wonder if Vin confirmed anything with the top brass at Universal before blatantly announcing there'd be a 12th movie.

This genre is so dead I've bought Spider-verse tickets for next week to try and keep it on life support. :o
gwen-stacy.gif

1, 3, 5 and 7 have their entertainment value but as @Ninjablade said, they should have walked away after 7. 8 was forgettable and when 9 wasn't being incredibly dumb, it was being just plain boring. That said, I'm still going to watch Fast X when it hits streaming to see what the fuss is about with Momoa.

It's enough to make you wonder if Vin confirmed anything with the top brass at Universal before blatantly announcing there'd be a 12th movie.
Considering he went off the teleprompter during their presentation, I'm going to imagine the news of Fast XXX was just as much as a surprise to them as it was us :hehe:

Sidebar, even though I’m excited for them doing a live action Spider-Woman movie, I still wonder why the hell Sony hasn’t brought Spider-Gwen into her own live action project yet.

Hire some good creatives, pay Emma Stone what she wants and get to work Sony!

Also, I need movie posters/trailers to start acknowledging movies come out on Thursdays now. I know people who saw Spider-verse at 2pm, that's a Thursday release. :o
I wonder what kickstarted the current trend of 2PM-3PM Thursday first screenings? Is it to capitalize on the "kids getting out of school/adults working from home so they can make time for an afternoon premiere" crowd?

Across the Kraven-verse…

View attachment 65436

You guys play too much.
All kidding aside, Kraven looks to be getting his due this year. And I'm not talking about the movie.

f92e1fa9ce28e19ca63363516678823a

Sidebar, even though I’m excited for them doing a live action Spider-Woman movie, I still wonder why the hell Sony hasn’t brought Spider-Gwen into her own live action project yet.

Hire some good creatives, pay Emma Stone what she wants and get to work Sony!
I 100% think that live action Miles and Gwen fall under Marvel's purview. I could be wrong, but something tells me Feige got them in the last agreement.

Love seeing those early numbers for ATSV. That first movie definitely had a John Wick effect where I'm betting a lot of people saw it on streaming and ended up loving it and are now showing up for the sequel in droves.

It's going to be HUGE regardless and have strong WOM which should lead to it being very profitable in the end considering it has such a respectable budget and BTSV could be even bigger.

It's just nice seeing quality superhero flicks like GOTG 3/ATSV be really successful and hopefully that trend continues going into the later half of the year with The Marvels and Aquaman 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"