Batgirl 'Batgirl' movie? - Part 1

BATGIRL
directed by Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah

Based on Batgirl: Year One

Barbara Gordon / Batgirl: Leslie Grace
Batgirl-Leslie-Grace-fb.jpg

FULL CAST PHOTO GALLERY
Gina Torres is also someone I had in mind for the elder Barbara Gordon.

lol I still don't fully understand the Gordon family dynamics.

It's James Gordon Sr. and James Gordon Jr., and Barbara Sr. and Barbara Jr.? I just figured it'd be easier to update it in film so that Sarah (Essen) is Barbara's biological mother.

Maybe I have it all wrong, but the Gordons could use some different names in the family lol

Watched In The Heights last week , and the film has stayed with me .

Grace is a doll, and a good actress.

riyadgraphisme-CRo-v9hsSc1.jpg

I dounbt it'll happen but Id love to see some other Bat-Family members. The Batman side of DCEU isnt exactly intact but I think they've done a decent job to show through SS and BOP that Gotham is a criminally active city.

Cool . I hope we get a few surprise characters from the comics and it’s not just Batgirl, Gordon, and Firefly. That’d be pretty disappointing TBH

Interesting to me that Glasgow has essentially become WB’s go-to Gotham now.

Speaking of Glasgow, from the movie’s production designer…

Does anyone have a link to the casting call that came out for this?

Maybe I’m reading too much into it but, I didn’t like that she said “Batman’s out”

Leslie Grace via ET said:
Miss Margot, hi. I just want to say I'm a huge fan and if you think it's a good idea for Harley Quinn to stop by, we're welcoming all of the help. Batman's out -- he's doing a whole bunch of stuff -- so I'm going to need some of my ladies to help me out on this next run, you know what I'm saying? We love you

Maybe I’m reading too much into it but, I didn’t like that she said “Batman’s out”

Is it any different from Batwoman where Batman is out or Titans where Batman is out or BoP where he was out lol. DC is so hellbent on protecting the Batman image that they dont realise that they are making him look like a chump for always dipping out. Always throwing a hissyfit and leaving town when his name isnt in the title lol

Both have their own versions of Bruce Wayne and suffer an awkward lack of an in costume Batman

The real Bruce hasnt shown up in Batwoman and now Bruce has left Gotham in Titans.
Actually the real Batman has been seen on Batwoman. And not sure the point you’re trying to make with Iain Glen’s Bruce because the show has shown Batman as well. Tbh I’m not sure why you or anyone would advocate for no Batman in this. He’s pretty integral to Batgirls origin. It’s a strange thing to advocate for IMO. And if you’re not advocating for it, why spend time discussing the precedent for it????

I actually wouldn’t mind if Bruce didn’t show up - or at least didn’t make an appearance toward the end. Batgirl starting out as an independent agent who was inspired by Bruce, only to join him later, is actually my preference.

Last edited:
Actually the real Batman has been seen on Batwoman. And not sure the point you’re trying to make with Iain Glen’s Bruce because the show has shown Batman as well. Tbh I’m not sure why you or anyone would advocate for no Batman in this. He’s pretty integral to Batgirls origin. It’s a strange thing to advocate for IMO. And if you’re not advocating for it, why spend time discussing the precedent for it????

I discuss it because.....I choose to discuss it. Batman being in the shadows is easy and whose to say he wont be in the shadows like he's been in Batwoman/Titans? Seeing a Batman in the shadows could happen just like it has with these shows but it aint nothing to write home about.

I actually would t mind if Bruce didn’t show up - or at least didn’t make an appearance toward the end. Batgirl starting out as an independent agent who was inspired by Bruce, only to join him later, is actually my preference.

I think just talking about him, aludding to him, seeing news coverage is enough for the first film. If they were smart they would end it with Batman showing up at the end and just pull a Shazam. But if this were to get a 3 film treatment and we never see him? That'd be bad.

Feels like we can bet on DC teasing their HBO Max film projects during FanDome.

Wish they would include Big & Tall people in their shirt sizes. :csad:

I am really curious to how she will get her armor, and weapons from if Batman is not in this. I know from the TAS she made her costume and batarangs etc. I’m not familiar with the comic material but yeah… I’m definitely going to watch. I’m excited been a long time coming.

lol I still don't fully understand the Gordon family dynamics.

It's James Gordon Sr. and James Gordon Jr., and Barbara Sr. and Barbara Jr.? I just figured it'd be easier to update it in film so that Sarah (Essen) is Barbara's biological mother.

Maybe I have it all wrong, but the Gordons could use some different names in the family lol
It’s weird… sometimes Barbara is Gordon’s daughter, other times she’s his niece. But his wife’s name is Barbara and his son is named Jim Jr… so it’s all over the place.

I hope Affleck is in this

I am really curious to how she will get her armor, and weapons from if Batman is not in this. I know from the TAS she made her costume and batarangs etc. I’m not familiar with the comic material but yeah… I’m definitely going to watch. I’m excited been a long time coming.

I like the idea of her making it herself. They don't need to go Burnside with it, necessarily, but a costume stitched together using personal belongings and stolen police gear/Batman's confiscated playthings would be awesome to see. I'm way more into the "unfinished, unrefined, clearly meant to represent a pre-iconic version of what'll eventually be the quote-unquote real outfit" look for Barbara than Bruce.

Why are they shooting Batgirl in Glasgow? Does Scotland have really good tax incentives?

Makes me think the directors want to loosely tie Reeves’ Batman to Batgirl. Maybe they like the locations…

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"