Batgirl 'Batgirl' movie? - Part 1

I heard those rumors too but it never made sense to me. Why would Keaton’s Batman replace Affleck’s yet all the other characters of the DCEU stay the same? I would rather have Batfleck continue even if it’s through HBO Max movies.

Because none of the other real-life actors were leaving the role. It would just be trying to make the best of an irregular situation. Matt Reeves was hired under a different regime who gave him carte blanche to make his own standalone film with a new Batman. If they found that Ben Affleck wanted to leave the role or they didn’t want to use him for whatever reason, you’re then left without a ‘Bat’ presence in the DCEU where Gadot, Momoa, Ezra Miller and Margot Robbie are all staying. Under the reasoning of time-travel or ‘timeline malfunctions’ in The Flash, you can bring Michael Keaton in to replace Affleck and have him mentor Batgirl/Nightwing. Might not make complete sense but I think you’d get away it and like I said, it’s trying to make the best of a tricky situation.

Best case would be Keaton stays in his universe setting up for a Batman Beyond movie down the line, but they seem pretty set on him being DCEU Batman, which doesn’t necessarily excite me…. But all we can do is hope it works out.

Best case would be Keaton stays in his universe setting up for a Batman Beyond movie down the line, but they seem pretty set on him being DCEU Batman, which doesn’t necessarily excite me…. But all we can do is hope it works out.

But wasn't it already stated that even IF Keaton is sticking around after 'The Flash', he won't be suiting up again and will simply be Old Man Wayne in a mentor type role?

That doesn't make him the DCEU Batman in my eyes, but perhaps he bailed on this as I'm sure we'd be hearing more reports on his involvement.

we just won't have a Bruce Wayne Batman running around the DCEU. it'll be Keaton's Bruce out of the suit and Batgirl as the DCEU batperson moving forward. Am I crazy about the idea? Not really, but I'm willing to see how it goes.

Not sure whether I should be relieved that the cult has been robbed of a reason to trot out their persecution complex, or worried that they’ve been given even a hint of a reason that their ‘verse can be restored.

But I like Simmons, so hey.

we just won't have a Bruce Wayne Batman running around the DCEU. it'll be Keaton's Bruce out of the suit and Batgirl as the DCEU batperson moving forward. Am I crazy about the idea? Not really, but I'm willing to see how it goes.

Yeah I don’t like that idea. I would rather they bring in Pattinson to replace Affleck as the DCEU Batman than to have no Batman at all.

I have all the time in the world for more J.K. Simmons.

This does seem like it'll end up being a more modern day version of Batman Beyond, but with Batgirl taking the reigns instead of Terry. Having BatKeats sidelined (likely) as just a mentor doesn't overly thrill me, but I'm excited to see what they come up with.

Keaton's Batman is prestige in my eyes, anyway. I don't want to see him attached to a potentially sub par streaming movie, with questionable directors.

This is a nice surprise, wasn’t expecting Simmons to come back.

Simmons did say he signed on for multiple movies. If the contact was pay-or-play, I wonder if WB thought, "Eh, screw it... we may as well bring him back".

I don’t want Michael Keaton Batman being feeble and out of the suit most of the time. He can suit up just like Iron Man. Give him an augmented suit and use a stuntman, and Keaton can totally be on the field as Batman. I’d love to see Keaton Batman running around in a Kingdom Come style Batsuit in a future Justice League movie. Hell, just do a Kingdom Come movie!

Now that this seems to be in the core DCEU timeline, I’ve just gotta pray that Barry’s time travel undoes the ****ery that is Dick Grayson being the Robin that Joker killed.

If you’re doing Batgirl, Nightwing shouldn’t be far behind.
Preach it

Now that this seems to be in the core DCEU timeline, I’ve just gotta pray that Barry’s time travel undoes the ****ery that is Dick Grayson being the Robin that Joker killed.

If you’re doing Batgirl, Nightwing shouldn’t be far behind.

Since it was only stated by Snyders own head cannon and never in the movies themselves they can easily ignore it and make it Jason.

But Im glad this will be in some verse. Trying to see which film is a verse film vs which film is just a solo verse film is a little annoying. 1st world problems but annoying.

Rumors had it that by the end of the Flash movie the DCEU would be rebooted, and Batfleck would be replaced by Keaton(who would the take his place as the Batman of that universe going forward). Now it seems with this news the rumors of the Affleck being replaced with Keaton aren’t true, and the Flash movie is only a one-and-done appearance in order to say goodbye to the role for good. So the new Flash film could actually be Keaton’s swan song for the role instead of Ben’s(which it was initially believed to be).

I mean… Keaton’s Gordon is dead as Pat Hingle in real life has died. Unless, they retroactively merge the history Bat-fleck had with Burton Batman’s history I’m not sure Bat-fleck is done after Flash like initially assumed.
Maybe Batfleck retires and this is the Batfamily taking over. A soft reboot of the Snyderverse were Affleck can cameo without bulking up.

Reposting from another thread:

Keaton's Batuniverse probably gets destroyed somehow, so he now lives in the DCEU one or he somehow is able to travel back and forth between timelines now, and starts mentoring Batgirl as the DCEU Batman aka Batfleck is no more. Eh.

Keaton's Batuniverse probably gets destroyed somehow, so he now lives in the DCEU one or he somehow is able to travel back and forth between timelines now, and starts mentoring Batgirl as the DCEU Batman aka Batfleck is no more. Eh.

Right, but what I'm wondering is: will Affleck be straight up erased from existence and "replaced" by Keaton (i.e. everyone knows that there was a Batman, but he "mysteriously disappeared without a trace" only to eventually be replaced by Batgirl) or will Keaton have been the Batman of the DCEU the entire time and therefore a peer of James Gordon?

Right, but what I'm wondering is: will Affleck be straight up erased from existence and "replaced" by Keaton (i.e. everyone knows that there was a Batman, but he "mysteriously disappeared without a trace" only to eventually be replaced by Batgirl) or will Keaton have been the Batman of the DCEU the entire time and therefore a peer of James Gordon?

In the early seasons of the TV show, when Barry messed with time and returned to the present day some things were often different than when he left. For example, Iris and her Dad weren’t speaking to each other or Cisco’s brother was dead.

Now this would be taking a huge creative liberty and I think it’s something you could only get away with once. But if you knew Affleck wasn’t coming back and you wanted to attempt the shared universe going forward, I wonder if there’s a scenario whereby Barry messes with time and when he returns to the present Michael Keaton is the DCEU Batman and has been for over twenty years. He’s been in the Justice League for over ten years and already has a relationship with Gadot, Cavill and Momoa. Barry could run to the Daily Planet and he’s talking to Henry Cavill and then Sasha Calle comes up to them and you can tell she’s known Clark for many years. It’s a bit like BvS where we’re first seeing Affleck twenty years in and you’re inventing your own history.

some says this movie sounds so messy and it kinda does but personally i'm loving the unpredictability of it.

Have a hard time seeing what’s messy about it, other than belonging to a franchise that some people will consider messy no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"