Batgirl 'Batgirl' movie? - Part 1

...why are there fake reports saying this was shelved, are Snyder-Bros bored... or what?

This seems like WB getting ahead of Ezra Miller fallout, and unfortunately Batgirl is a casualty.

Not to be mean-spirited to any of the artists of crew involved, but I’m somewhat relieved.

Ive read multiple sources confirming it but ill wait. No one read the script beforehand? Giving away $70mill?

I want to believe unless THR, Deadline, Variety confirm this, it’s all ########!

The Wrap is a pretty reliable source.

It sucks for Leslie Grace .

The leaders of the studio determined ultimately, in spite of reshoots and increased budget, that the movie simply did not work, according to insiders.

The merged universe this film was to present only makes sense in a post-Flash world. So this makes sense to me. I suspect Flash will be heavily-reshot/edited — maybe it’s harder to shelf a 200+ million dollar film?

Leslie Grace could easily slide over to the Reeve universe, and Keaton’s Batman could continue where he rightfully should — Batman Beyond.

So... I just found about about this, and I wasn't even that excited to see this apart from Brendan Fraser's Firefly... but what kind of dystopian filmmaking future is this mindboggling decision?

It's not an event movie and it's apparently unwatchable so you just decide to pull the plug and scrap the whole thing instead of at least leaving it on streaming? I highly doubt the movie was so terrible that this was the actual reasoning.

Imagine being one of the people who worked on this movie. Heck, imagine what Leslie Grace must be thinking considering that this was supposed to be her breakout role. I genuinely can't comprehend what's happening here. If it's because of the Flash movie, then why not scrap it instead (especially since there would be reason to given the Ezra Miller controversies) instead of this?

I'm okay with this. I figured Zsaslav was going to clean house and cancel some projects. Should be interesting to see what their focus is moving forward.

It would be really messed up if they scrap this but still release the Flash movie. I get that it's a bigger movie so in the eyes of the higher ups, its chances for making money is better than Batgirl but PR wise, I don't think it would look too good.

I'm okay with this. I figured Zsaslav was going to clean house and cancel some projects. Should be interesting to see what their focus is moving forward.
It would be one thing if this movie was in pre-production, but it wasn't. What kind of message does that send now that studio executives can just scrap entire movies that are nearly finished whenever they want?

This is complete ****ing bull****. Only movie I was excited for.

I’m really sad man

What the ****?! Why not just release it on their streaming service and be done with it?

I feel bad for everyone who worked on this. :csad: The Blue Beetle crew better watch out...

It would be really messed up if they scrap this but still release the Flash movie. I get that it's a bigger movie so in the eyes of the higher ups, its chances for making money is better than Batgirl but PR wise, I don't think it would look too good.

I think that’s what will happen, but ideally that’d be scrapped too. I think DCEU’s slim SDCC presentation shows us just how unsure which direction they want to move forward in, and which heroes to push.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"