• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campea claims to have three sources telling him the Affleck stuff. I think the report from Mark Hughes was enough to scare Batfleck fans.

Ben Affleck leaving the universe would be an incredible loss for the character.

It's really a shame that the reception to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice took away from the reception to his take on the character itself. It definitely muddled the waters.

Then having Warner Bros.' CEO jump the gun and announce Affleck as the director of The Batman before he was ready, might have been the beginning of the end.

That led to relentless questions from fans and press, basically overshadowing the Live By Night press tour, a film that he labored on for years. That definitely hurt him. It made him realize that he's Batman and only Batman. And the longer he's Batman, he's only going to be asked about Batman no matter what he's trying to do or make that is non-Batman related.

It's really a shame.

The guy is perfect for the role. I really hope this isn't true.

-R

Campea claims to have three sources telling him the Affleck stuff. I think the report from Mark Hughes was enough to scare Batfleck fans.

Yeah and both Umberto and Faraci used to swear up and down that Pine was going to join the Justice League on stage at Comic Con as Green Lantern.

Last edited:

The dude literally said his anus is still hurting from his awful scoops from last time lol. Campea did himself no favors here and acted like his words wouldn't cause a stir. Now fans are going back to watch that segment to the Collider podcast. That slick dawg. Views; clickbait. Same thing.

I guess I'll ask here. What's with all this talk about Affleck quitting the DCEU? Did I miss something?

Campea guy said on his show 3 sources telling him that Ben is negotiating his way out of DCEU, and the hype bacame busy.

Basically Hughes and Jett have suggested that before but nobody cared, lol. Check the Batman thread for more.

Campea guy said on his show 3 sources telling him that Ben is negotiating his way out of DCEU, and the hype bacame busy.

Basically Hughes and Jett have suggested that before but nobody cared, lol. Check the Batman thread for more.

edit

Last edited:
I guess I'll ask here. What's with all this talk about Affleck quitting the DCEU? Did I miss something?

Nope, just people working themselves into frenzy despite a complete lack of reliable sources.

Transcript of John Campea's words, as exact as I could make it:

"I wasn't sure whether I should share this or not but I will, OK? Let me - Let me give this asterix [sic] though on this, alright? I am not, nor is Collider Video, in the 'scoop game'. We - We don't like doing 'scoops'. So please don't consider anything of what I'm about to say as any sort of a 'scoop'. I have tried, I believe twice, in my career to 'break a scoop', and both times I have been bit firmly in me anus, OK?... So - What - So both seven years ago, I found out through a very reliable source, very reliable source, that the Academy Award-winning actor Adrien Brody was going to be Ant-Man in Edgar Wright's Ant-Man. I - Uh - Like - The source was so reliable. I was 100% sure about it. I was still doing the Movie Blog at the time. And I wrote a story about, "He's Gonna Be Ant-Man." 48 hours later, Edgar Wright writes me, and says, "Um, no, he's not." So, I mean, I, so I got burned. Burned so bad I didn't even work on 'scoops' again until like last year when this report comes out that, um, Snoke was - that - at least going to look like Plagueis looks like in all the Plagueis artwork, right? I got on the phone, talked to two separate sources, that both confirmed to me, "Yep, that's true." Dead wrong. Dead wrong. So twice I have tried to 'break scoop', and twice I've been totally bit in the ass, which is why I stay out of the scoop game. It's - It's - It's a fool's errand of a - of a thing to do. I leave it to the guys who really know how to do it, OK?

Now that being said and the reason why this isn't gonna be in the title of this video is - is - take this for what it's worth. This is coming from a guy who's been burned twice by scoops so please take this with a massive, massive, grain of salt, OK? Don't share this around or whatever but I'm just letting you guys know, over the past four days, I've talked to three separate people, uh, both, in one way or another, connected some way to what's going on over at Warner Bros. And what all three have told me was that, nothing about whether the script was thrown out or whether they liked the script, nothing about the - the direction that Matt Reeves is taking it, none of that. But one of the things that has come out of the conversation of all three was this - was that they're telling me Ben Affleck, make no mistake, he does want out. Batman - He doesn't wanna be Batman anymore, um, is - is what I've been told. Now whether that's true - I was also told that, uh, ya know, Pianist Boy was gonna be Ant-Man, and that turned out to be totally wrong so take this with a grain of salt. So I - I have been told that he, uh, that Affleck is talking with Warner Bros. in an attempt to get out of being Batman. And if they do not let him out of being Batman, that the standalone Batman film that ultimately happens will be the last time we see Affleck as Batman 'cause, uh, apparently he wants out.

Now, again, take that with a giant grain of salt. I mean, uh, I have been burned on this sh-crap before. I could be v - this - what - the information that's been fed to me could be completely wrong. Uh, I just, as a part of the conversation, I thought I would share it with you. Do with that as you will."

The concerns for Affleck leaving the role completely were already there before and after the directing news on the solo Batman film.

Last edited:
This is what I don't understand. People keep acting like this is a new issue.

*commence the Jon Hamm fancasting posts*

Luke Evans or Richard Armitage would be my choices. Surprised no one's ever brought up Evans (to my knowledge).

Could we keep the recasting talk till the sky falls over and it happens?

Bald Campea with sources, of all ppl.

Ask them nerd SW fans how that went with his snoke scoop.

Armie Hammer to take over the role of Batman as Dick Grayson, then enter Damian.

The recasting talk is not going to stop until the solo Batman movie or Justice League 2 makes it in front of the cameras and Affleck is in the suit.

Transcript of John Campea's words, as exact as I could make it:

"I wasn't sure whether I should share this or not but I will, OK? Let me - Let me give this asterix [sic] though on this, alright? I am not, nor is Collider Video, in the 'scoop game'. We - We don't like doing 'scoops'. So please don't consider anything of what I'm about to say as any sort of a 'scoop'. I have tried, I believe twice, in my career to 'break a scoop', and both times I have been bit firmly in me anus, OK?... So - What - So both seven years ago, I found out through a very reliable source, very reliable source, that the Academy Award-winning actor Adrien Brody was going to be Ant-Man in Edgar Wright's Ant-Man. I - Uh - Like - The source was so reliable. I was 100% sure about it. I was still doing the Movie Blog at the time. And I wrote a story about, "He's Gonna Be Ant-Man." 48 hours later, Edgar Wright writes me, and says, "Um, no, he's not." So, I mean, I, so I got burned. Burned so bad I didn't even work on 'scoops' again until like last year when this report comes out that, um, Snoke was - that - at least going to look like Plagueis looks like in all the Plagueis artwork, right? I got on the phone, talked to two separate sources, that both confirmed to me, "Yep, that's true." Dead wrong. Dead wrong. So twice I have tried to 'break scoop', and twice I've been totally bit in the ass, which is why I stay out of the scoop game. It's - It's - It's a fool's errand of a - of a thing to do. I leave it to the guys who really know how to do it, OK?

Now that being said and the reason why this isn't gonna be in the title of this video is - is - take this for what it's worth. This is coming from a guy who's been burned twice by scoops so please take this with a massive, massive, grain of salt, OK? Don't share this around or whatever but I'm just letting you guys know, over the past four days, I've talked to three separate people, uh, both, in one way or another, connected some way to what's going on over at Warner Bros. And what all three have told me was that, nothing about whether the script was thrown out or whether they liked the script, nothing about the - the direction that Matt Reeves is taking it, none of that. But one of the things that has come out of the conversation of all three was this - was that they're telling me Ben Affleck, make no mistake, he does want out. Batman - He doesn't wanna be Batman anymore, um, is - is what I've been told. Now whether that's true - I was also told that, uh, ya know, Pianist Boy was gonna be Ant-Man, and that turned out to be totally wrong so take this with a grain of salt. So I - I have been told that he, uh, that Affleck is talking with Warner Bros. in an attempt to get out of being Batman. And if they do not let him out of being Batman, that the standalone Batman film that ultimately happens will be the last time we see Affleck as Batman 'cause, uh, apparently he wants out.

Now, again, take that with a giant grain of salt. I mean, uh, I have been burned on this sh-crap before. I could be v - this - what - the information that's been fed to me could be completely wrong. Uh, I just, as a part of the conversation, I thought I would share it with you. Do with that as you will."
Whatever he waffled on about, this guy certainly ignores that old saying that goes something like, "why say in 100 words what can be said in 20".

The recasting talk is not going to stop until the solo Batman movie or Justice League 2 makes it in front of the cameras and Affleck is in the suit.

Or just a teaser for the Bat solo with Affleck in suit :yay:

I don't think Affleck will really leave I just threw my suggestion in the ring for the sake of discussion.

Last edited:
Are people open to the reality that he could leave or just throwing crap at anyone with any megafive stories RE the DCEU? As tends to be the case

The most alarming thing if it is true, is that it probably means JL is crap and he knows it

Eh, I don't see Ben leaving the Batman role. if he does, then so be it, but I doubt it'll happen. Playing Batman is, as I see it, decidedly less pressure than directing Batman. Largely because the fandom is terrible.

Eh, I don't see Ben leaving the Batman role. if he does, then so be it, but I doubt it'll happen. Playing Batman is, as I see it, decidedly less pressure than directing Batman. Largely because the fandom is terrible.

It's rabid.Its a self fulfilling prophecy really...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"