Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
*commence the Jon Hamm fancasting posts*

Yep.

justice-league-trailer-072-1280x693.jpg
25s3dr7.jpg

Last edited:
Eh, I don't see Ben leaving the Batman role. if he does, then so be it, but I doubt it'll happen. Playing Batman is, as I see it, decidedly less pressure than directing Batman. Largely because the fandom is terrible.
Agree. It's just another negative DCEU story to add to the pile. I've barely given this attention. For what it's worth, Hollywood Life said there's no truth to the claim. It's phony stuff.

I call BS on him leaving, too. But if he did and they're going to keep the same continuity Hamm would be my choice. Ben is my favorite Batman though so I really hope it doesn't happen. I think that report is nonsense, I just wish WB would do a full press release for the Reeves hiring that confirms Ben in at least one film and hopefully a trilogy.

As I've just said in the Batman thread now that his divorce is coming through and all that he will no doubt be wanting a well deserved break to get his life in order. I think that's why he stepped away from directing and I reckon he will be back ready to shoot the Batman whenever he has to.

Armie Hammer for young Bruce, with Jon Hamm as older Bruce.

Hamm was by far my first choice for Bruce, but he would make an equally excellent Dent

just get him in here

Hamm has been my pick for dent for a long time. He reminds me of btas harvey.

Damon or DiCaprio for Dent. Just think it works better when Dent has a boyish handsomeness to him.

I remember when we were all fan casting prior to Ben being cast and my top three were Hamm, Gosling and Brolin. After seeing Ben under the cowl, its honestly hard for me to picture anyone else as Batman.

Two of those were rumored to be considered for the role, I believe. Along with Armitage.

PHP:
Two of those were rumored to be considered for the role, I believe. Along with Armitage.

Brolin confirmed he had been in talks to do it, although I am glad he didn't do it as he is a little too tdkr accurate in his grizzle and age so much so that I don't think he'd have fit very well as business man Bruce and would lack the balance that Affleck had between full on Old Man TDKR Miller Batman and traditional forever 30 Batman.

PHP:

Brolin confirmed he had been in talks to do it, although I am glad he didn't do it as he is a little too tdkr accurate in his grizzle and age so much so that I don't think he'd have fit very well as business man Bruce and would lack the balance that Affleck had between full on Old Man TDKR Miller Batman and traditional forever 30 Batman.

If BvS was a more standalone film or we got a straight up Dark Knight Returns adaptation, Brolin would have been my one and only choice.

I'm already seeing sites say that Matt Reeves drops out of directing Batman. He never signed on to direct the movie.

I'm already seeing sites say that Matt Reeves drops out of directing Batman. He never signed on to direct the movie.
That won't stop the way they report it, though.

Yeah, unfortunately 99% of them are after little more than clicks and couldn't be arsed to check their facts before spewing out their articles.

Cue more Ben Affleck leaving rumors...wash, rinse, repeat. Always repeat.

Yeah, unfortunately 99% of them are after little more than clicks and couldn't be arsed to check their facts before spewing out their articles.
A lot of the articles these days come off as opinion pieces masquerading as news, revealing the bias of the writer.

Mmmmmm dat clickbait, boi.

If BvS was a more standalone film or we got a straight up Dark Knight Returns adaptation, Brolin would have been my one and only choice.

Definitely, he is pretty much that Batman incarnate, I actually think Affleck skews a little closer to forever 30 Batman than TDKR Batman, while someone like Hamm is pretty much perfectly in the middle.

I agree that Brolin would be fitting for straight-up adaptation of TDKR, but not DCEU. Also, *****ebag annoys the hell out of me, so I'm glad for two reasons that he didn't take the role.

It seems pretty spurious to dismiss reports about the DCEU, unpleasant though they may be, considering the last thing everybody dismissed came true.

So I just saw the whole Matt Reeves talks stalled thing. And I was like "wtf?"

Then I saw Kroll saying that it can still happen, and this is exactly what happened with Tom Cruise and MI6. Then saw Umberto saying this is all CAA's thing, and a classic negotiation 101 thing, they just want more money.

I'm gonna wait and watch on this one. Whatever happens happens. But yeah, not good press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"