Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Welp, nevermind. Taking this Jason is a PBU with all the banned 'users' coming on today.

Happy to see Affleck enjoying himself at Comic Con. I'm sure the support meant a lot.

Thanks for the screenshots GothamBat, I didn't thank you before. I appreciate them. The wig definitely looks funny in some shots. He definitely needs the facial hair back. :D

here is thing.which flash solo being flashpoint i thin thr wasn't all bs.i can see affleck doing the batman and then cameo in flashpoint which addresses his depture as fallout when
flash reverses flashpoint.which also allows wb to do a in contunity soft reboot although it would like be less drastic than paramount did with star trek and fox with X-men

Read the article above. It's so simple to understand why he changed his mind. Now people feel like they were lied to and can't trust his word.

I can understand people being skeptical, but it's not like Ben's a premeditated or chronic liar. In my eyes at least, he still deserves the benefit of the doubt.

If anything, it's probably Matt Reeves who has the biggest say in whether he returns or not, as Matt may want to go with a younger Batman for the start of his new trilogy.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks for the screenshots GothamBat, I didn't thank you before. I appreciate them. The wig definitely looks funny in some shots. He definitely needs the facial hair back. :D

I hope they fix that in post.

Sadly I doubt they will. I'm not sure why they decided to change it from BvS to JL.

Yeah I wish he wasn't clean shaven in some scenes. Looks weird.

He still has the facial hair in the suit right?

I like the clean shaven look. It's a small thing but it makes sense. In BvS he was a grizzled warrior who had given up on heroism. He was jaded. Here, he has cleaned himself up and is engaged with life again.

They should have a scene where he's dying his hair black not that he's feeling younger again.

(I'm kidding)

Long shot, but anyone here can sauce me the brand/make of Ben's jacket?

20214408_1320493894716037_1769211777863647232_n.jpg

I love how THR is now getting more clicks/publicity with their follow up story.

.@BenAffleck said: "I am the luckiest guy in the world. Batman is the coolest part in the universe." thr.cm/p70WB1 #SDCC2017

Article title:
Ben Affleck Denies He's Exiting as Batman

Ben said that he will play Batman until WB decides to go with other actor.

Here: http://ew.com/movies/2017/07/22/ben...l&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

I can understand people being skeptical, but it's not like Ben's a premeditated or chronic liar. In my eyes at least, he still deserves the benefit of the doubt.

If anything, it's probably Matt Reeves who has the biggest say in whether he returns or not, as Matt may want to go with a younger Batman for the start of his new trilogy.

We'll just have to wait and see.

That's what it looks like to me- that it all depends on what Matt Reeves has planned. Whether he plans a trilogy, what he has in mind if that's the case, whether Ben fits that, whether Ben wants to commit to all three of those films...

Ben just mainly wanted to assure everyone that he isn't taking the role of Batman lightly, that he is grateful, and that this story settles down in the lead up to the release of Justice League.

I like the clean shaven look. It's a small thing but it makes sense. In BvS he was a grizzled warrior who had given up on heroism. He was jaded. Here, he has cleaned himself up and is engaged with life again.

Makes sense!

Remember that scene in Batman v Superman where he takes a shower and chooses to attend Lex's party as Bruce Wayne rather than Batman despite being obsessed with his suit?

There's a significance in some religions like Hinduism and Buddhism where taking a bath (especially in a river before performing some rituals etc) is a way of washing away your sins before starting something fresh in/with their lives. And Larry said Zack loves Hinduism.

So, probably true I guess?

Last edited:
I don't think it has to be that extreme. Hollywood is cut-throat, and the way Affleck noted how he'd do anything for Matt Reeves makes me think it's entirely possible the studio leaked this because they have him contracted for one more film, but on the other, and more important hand, they have Matt Reeves trying to start up a trilogy that's likely to bring in Nolan money and they need to get it ramped up tomorrow.

Justice League 2 in an alternate timeline :o :oldrazz:

a58b22ac27af4dbefb72e758bbc030c6f0e3e9ec6c052c818323a59426ee0612.jpg

I love how THR is now getting more clicks/publicity with their follow up story.

Article title:
Ben Affleck Denies He's Exiting as Batman

They didn't back off their initial report and as The Playlist pointed out... Affleck didn't exactly deny it. And lest we forget he flat-out denied the long-standing rumors (from several reputable outlets) that he was quitting as director of The Batman. Up to a week before it became official.

Something I've learned in doing this over the years. It's all in the wording.

This reminds me of when Spider-Man 4 fell apart. Details initially leaked right before Christmas 2009. Fans freaked out and honestly... the truth was staring us all right in the face. Many (not all, to be fair) chose to ignore it because it wasn't what they wanted to hear. Sony (and several sites) denied it hard and so fans proclaimed it was all BS. End of story.

Cut to right after January 2010, Deadline Hollywood "broke" the exact same story... and Sony quickly admitted it while simultaneously announcing a reboot (that would become The Amazing Spider-Man).

My point is we've been down this road... many times. Never a bad thing to learn from the past.

They didn't back off their initial report and as The Playlist pointed out... Affleck didn't exactly deny it. And lest we forget he flat-out denied the long-standing rumors (from several reputable outlets) that he was quitting as director of The Batman. Up to a week before it became official.

Something I've learned in doing this over the years. It's all in the wording.

This reminds me of when Spider-Man 4 fell apart. Details initially leaked right before Christmas 2009. Fans freaked out and honestly... the truth was staring us all right in the face. Many (not all, to be fair) chose to ignore it because it wasn't what they wanted to hear. Sony (and several sites) denied it hard and so fans proclaimed it was all BS. End of story.

Cut to right after January 2010, Deadline Hollywood "broke" the exact same story... and Sony quickly admitted it while simultaneously announcing a reboot (that would become The Amazing Spider-Man).

My point is we've been down this road... many times. Never a bad thing to learn from the past.

I'm thinking a lot of this depends on how JL is received and what Matt Reeves has cooked up for his proposed trilogy. If Matt really blows Ben away with his trilogy pitch and JL goes well, I can't see Ben walking away from that since he does love the character. If JL goes the same as BvS then I could see Ben walking.

I'm thinking a lot of this depends on how JL is received and what Matt Reeves has cooked up for his proposed trilogy. If Matt really blows Ben away with his trilogy pitch and JL goes well, I can't see Ben walking away from that since he does love the character. If JL goes the same as BvS then I could see Ben walking.

Yeah that's the thing. Even if Affleck has absolutely decided to quit, JL or The Batman might pull out an Avengers/TDK/WW surprise and then the game is changed and things might be different (members of the Avengers cast probably thought that might be their last MCU film too). He also might be in a different place by that time in his personal life and his goals might have changed. At the moment playing Batman is a proposition with risk but that risk reduces a lot after a universally acclaimed Reeves film. Plus he might absolutely love working with Reeves. It wouldn't surprise me if the plan is to part ways after or even before The Batman for now but that is subject to change unless they have already locked someone else in to replace him.

Agreed

There's a difference between lying and changing your mind after reconsidering what's best for your end product. Fanboys and the vultures in the media act like it's some sort of scandal and Ben cannot be trusted anymore. Give me a break. There's a difference between making a smart move after some reconsideration and lying to keep a sinking ship under wraps. The sense of entitlement the fans have is astonishing. Let the man do what is best for him and the project. He's not leaving the role and smartly put the directing duty to Matt Reeves so he can focus fully on the role. Crazy how much spinning there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"