Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - - - - - Part 20

What's the last redeeming thing the Republican party ever did? I don't even remember anymore......

What's the last redeeming thing the Republican party ever did? I don't even remember anymore......
Well, way back when, in the 1800s, they helped free the slaves, I think. But since then? Nothing good I can think of, unfortunately.

Reagan signed arms control treaties with the Soviets. They stopped the nuclear arms race.

Bush Jr made AIDS drugs available for cheap in Africa. That's one of the better things Washington has done recently.

Trump capped the regressive tax credits on state and local property taxes and mortgage interest.

Of course many in the republican party want retaliatory strikes. It's basically their only path to maintaining their majority in the house (albeit a very, VERY narrow path). IF they could somehow pull it off, then only the executive branch stands in the way of total control. Should the house not flip, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Trump will be in the WH. The problem, as I see it, is that Netanyahu knows this and prefers this scenario. Plus, war keeps him out of jail......as does a WH win for Trump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"