Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Mandatory Doom fancast

https%3A%2F%2Fwinteriscoming.net%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F04%2FWinterfell-801-Jaime.jpg

The odds of this film being delayed due to the strikes is looking more likely by the day.

First Covid, then it lost its first director and now the writers strike. Weird how we are getting New World Order, Thunderbolts and Deadpool 3 first when Fantastic 4 iirc was announced first. What are the chances Armor Wars is released first before this?

If it is delayed again, it would be the third?

The odds of this film being delayed due to the strikes is looking more likely by the day.

My prediction is that Blade gets pushed back to the February 2025 date with FF taking the May 2025 slot. I'm expecting Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars to both get delayed a year or two.

After all these years waiting for Marvel to get the rights back and do the F4 justice I have to admit I'm a bit deflated by that casting leak if its true. Oh well, it is what it is and all that.
Same, granted, I’ve always anticipated the casting of the team was going to disappoint one way or another(especially if Marvel opted for a more do diverse approach) but this casting if true, leaves a lot to be desired. Particularly with Diggs as Ben which I just can’t for the life of me see in this part and Robbie is just uninspired casting to me. I was really pulling for a more unknown or more up and coming actress like a Jodie Comer for Sue Storm.

Last edited:
I’m fine with the film being delayed, but I’m hoping this strike doesn’t prolong the wait for the official cast even longer, because lord knows that the sooner the official happens, the sooner we can end these crazy casting rumor debacles which have going on for years. Hoping we get a casting announcement before the film gets pushed back(again).

I've felt the film was going to delayed anyway, even before the prospects of WGA and SAG strikes .

In all honesty, I think they're probably struggling with several of their upcoming projects, script wise , and they're going to need time to get back on track , quality wise.

So , I'm expecting a delay regardless.

I do not know who the cast are. But one thing i do know:

i would rather be waiting for official Fantastic Four casting announcements from Marvel Studios than

waiting for the rights to revert back to Marvel. That was truly a dark ages period for this franchise. i remember news was anemic, like maybe a rumour once every blue moon and a post here once a month. Now we get a scoop almost daily to at least once a week.

Heck, we already got Reed doing the
1ed50925ca92a1f8d64b31bf5c337af553517374.gifv

superhero landing on screen just to tide us over so I’m not gonna complain

Last edited:

i would rather be waiting for official Fantastic Four casting announcements from Marvel Studios than

waiting for the rights to revert back to Marvel. That was truly a dark ages period for this franchise.

Heck, we already got this on screen just to tide us over so I’m not gonna complain

i remember the rumors before and after the 2015 film that gave us some hope before dashing those hopes.

Then came the real possibility that Disney would buy Fox, and that became a roller-coaster ride.

Yeah, a lot better to just be waiting rather than having empty hope.

i remember the rumors before and after the 2015 film that gave us some hope before dashing those hopes.

Then came the real possibility that Disney would buy Fox, and that became a roller-coaster ride.

Yeah, a lot better to just be waiting rather than having empty hope.

you said it better my friend. Empty hope makes the heart weary. We have a lot more to look forward to. With even more to come. SDCC is at the door less than 2 months

If this is true, casting the black guy for the character who's an orange rock 95% of the time..not gonna look good.

Is that really a bad thing? I would rather Daveed gets work and a massive paycheck than nothing. Vin Diesel plays a tree but nobody seems to complain about that one. His career is better off playing The Iron Giant, Groot, and many others than not.

It’s the opportunity that matters, not whether he is the focus of attention or not. I dont see many complaints that Sam Jackson barely gets any screen time. And it kinda works in his favour because whenever he is on screen his impact is more potent because he isnt overused. Secret Invasion is one of the most anticipated MCU projects because of this besides its serious Winter Soldieresque tone.

Btw, his name is Daveed not the black guy.

Is that really a bad thing? I would rather Daveed gets work and a massive paycheck than nothing. Vin Diesel plays a tree but nobody seems to complain about that one. His career is better off playing The Iron Giant, Groot, and many others than not.

It’s the opportunity that matters, not whether he is the focus of attention or not. I dont see many complaints that Sam Jackson barely gets any screen time. And it kinda works in his favour because whenever he is on screen his impact is more potent because he isnt overused. Secret Invasion is one of the most anticipated MCU projects because of this besides its serious Winter Soldieresque tone.

A. We know his name.

B. You're seriously trying to compare SLJ playing Fury, a human black man to....Daveed possibly playing The Thing who is an orange rock?

C. Sure, the paycheck would be nice but its a cop out at trying to be diverse as POC have often been cast in roles where they are covered up to the point where you don't know they're POC.

waiting for the rights to revert back to Marvel. That was truly a dark ages period for this franchise. i remember news was anemic, like maybe a rumour once every blue moon and a post here once a month. Now we get a scoop almost daily to at least once a week.

Heck, we already got Reed doing the
1ed50925ca92a1f8d64b31bf5c337af553517374.gifv

superhero landing on screen just to tide us over so I’m not gonna complain

Waiting for the rights to revert to Marvel is nothing.:lol:
I was a kid in the early 90s just waiting for a F4 film to be made in general.:lol:

Marvel really should be on the ball with this project by this point , script wise, so I will ding them for that.

That said, it's good that the characters are with Marvel studios now.

It’s pretty overused trope having black and other characters of color transform into something non-human for the majority of their screen time in movies that are meant to center them. Examples include The Emperor’s New Groove, Brother Bear, The Princess and the Frog, Spies in Disguise, and Soul.

If Fantastic Four’s only black member is a rock monster for most of his appearance, I expect some level of well-earned backlash.

That's about the safest cast I've ever seen, with the exception of Diggs.

I mean its fine. Doesn't really get the heart rate up, but that's not the say they can't knock it out of the park.

If this is true, casting the black guy for the character who's an orange rock 95% of the time..not gonna look good.
Casting a black guy as the “monster” of the group while casting the lily white people as the regular looking humans doesn’t look good from an optics standpoint and reeks of lazy diversity, imo. If this cast is legit, then I guess Kevin Feige, Sarah Finn(the Marvel casting director for those who don’t know) and Matt Shakman aren’t as smart as I thought they were.

Last edited:
I’d like to think (and yeah, yeah, I know this thought represents a fantasy world) the process was “Hey, did you see that reading by Daveed Diggs? He really nailed it. I think we’ve got our Ben.”

As opposed to “Okay, we’ll cast Daveed Diggs as Ben. That’ll keep people from whining about diversity.”

I’d like to think diversity can and should be natural without saying either: “We can’t have an all white cast.” Or “We can’t have the one black guy cast as the monster.”

It seems that neither statement represents actual diversity, but rather both statements represent limiting what races can be considered for different roles as a form of cynical, faux diversity. Both statements are limiting options based on race rather than broadening them to include true diversity.

True diversity should be a wide open door. Not: “We can’t cast this race here or that race there.”

Last edited:
I wouldn't be thrilled with Adam Driver as Reed (I could come around after seeing some visuals), and I'm not familiar with the actor who might be playing Johnny, but I'd be excited by Margot Robbie as Sue and Daveed Diggs as Ben.

IF that cast ends up being the team, I am going to cry...all 4 miscast in one way or another...we just aren't destined to get a GOOD F4 cast...why is it the fans always come up with better choices (well usually) then the studios?

Way premature for this type of reaction. 1 - This cast isn't confirmed. 2 - We haven't read the script and such, so we don't know what the scripted versions of these characters are like. 3 - Even if this is the cast, we won't know how good or not they do until we see the movie. So, I see this is a gross over reaction at this point.

Why don't we , ya know....watch the movie yall?

Now, on the diversity topic, I am sure if this cast is legit there will be backlash that the only one who isn't white is the rock guy. Which would be absolutely a valid discussion to have. But again, I am waiting to see what officially happens

the main thing that has me questioning this "rumored" cast, is that there has been no major damage control trying to shut down any of these so called "leaks"...

their normally all over that s*** when any real inside info actually get out, before an official announcement

maybe they've just learned that denying leaks, and shutting them down, doesn't matter once the word is out... but, seems odd there been no response to it at all

there will be backlash

I think this can be predicted with absolute certainty no matter who is cast.

All white cast: Controversial.

Ben as the only non-white guy: Controversial.

Asian cast as Reed: Controversial.

Native American cast as Sue: Controversial.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

There’s simply not a set of races for these roles that someone, somewhere won’t find reason to complain.

That’s why I generally try to ignore the noise. It’s inevitable.

I think this can be predicted with absolute certainty no matter who is cast.

All white cast: Controversial.

Ben as the only non-white guy: Controversial.

Asian cast as Reed: Controversial.

Native American cast as Sue: Controversial.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

There’s simply not a set of races for these roles that someone, somewhere won’t find reason to complain.

That’s why I generally try to ignore the noise. It’s inevitable.

So dou yout think the leak about Adam, Margot, Pascal and Daveed is not true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"