Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

If true, it’s a talented cast that doesn’t fit the roles very well.

Reminds me of when the Eagles or Steelers have a lot of depth at a certain position and then draft a player in that position because: “He was the best athlete on the board.”

Yeah, it’s good to get talent, but you also need to consider specific needs and how that person fits the need.

This cast isn’t a great fit.

None of them are terrible, but none of them are great either. If a couple of them were perfectly cast, the other two could be a little off, but in this case, every role is a little off.

To the point that when you step back and look at the group, it just doesn’t feel like the FF.

I don't see the issue with Robbie as Sue

My response to the latest alleged F4 casting is

say-what-dunno.gif

I'll wait for the trades or an official announcement of the studio before I critique the choices for the team.

At this point ,the scoopers have said half of Hollywood and any actress who happens to be Blonde, is in this thing, so I take the latest flurry from the scoopers with a grain of salt.

That said, it's never too late for a Margot Robbie appreciation thread somewhere on these boards

1591028387_dakpyqj32o.gif

margot-robbie-sexy.gif

5a75fdd6339d846bc14d157cbfb95ac2.gif

2I63.gif

EnergeticGrimyGharial-size_restricted.gif

This is fine. I got my wish with Margot finally playing the role and hopefully will get the top billing. I want Sue to be the Iron Man/the Wolverine of this group.

The rest is, not wowing me but time will tell. Though they really screwed up that Mr. Fantastic casting... like okay we could use that variant/multiverse eXcuse but I'd rather see the guy from Multiverse of Madness.

I don't see the issue with Robbie as Sue

Maybe I’m being too picky, but Robbie doesn’t have the “girl next door” approachability to me.

Sue should have a way of making you feel at ease - like you could just hang out with her casually and she’d be fun snd relaxed.

Lilly James haa been mentioned and she works better for me in that way..

Maybe I’m letting the roles she’s played influance me unfairly, but Margot Robbie is a little scary and intimidating by comparison. I don’t feel like I’d be relaxed hanging out with her.

The perfect Sue would be highly empathetic - like she reads the person she’s with and knows what to do and say to make them feel comfortable. She’s not about herself, she’s concerned with other people.

And again, I didn’t say she was terrible for the role. Just a little off.

And when each of four characters feel a little off, the whole group feels off.

Last edited:
Daveed Diggs was unexpected.

Johnny is supposed to be arrogant but fun. I don’t know anything about Mescal’s work, but I certainly don’t want the brooding type.

Margot actually seems miscast to me. She’s probably being paid the most here and will get a lot of screen time. But I really hope she does something different than the bubbly “who me?” personality type that always seems to come through in her acting.

Adam only impressed me in Marriage Story. He has potential but honestly does seem a step down from what Krasinski would have done with a full movie.

Guess it all comes down to the writing. It shouldn’t be a dark, depressing movie. But I would like to have a little more seriousness and not just Homecoming 2.0

I'm not sure it'll end up being homecoming 2.0 considering the Spider-Man director isn't directing this. Shackman must've impressed Fiege to land the F4 directing job.

Right. I meant just the tone. I liked Homecoming for what it was: a low stakes reintroduction of Spider-Man. I’m not crazy about Galactus being the villain in the first F4 movie but I understand not using Doom again. Shame they don’t have a better villain roster.

I just can't see Diggs as Ben Grimm.

But as far as the tone of the movie, I mean look, you guys might think I'm crazy, but I really liked the premise of the 1994 cartoon with the FF at a telethon and them retelling their origin. If they used that for the MCU and made it like a mockumentary or something, it could be fun and different.

But that's just me.

IF that cast ends up being the team, I am going to cry...all 4 miscast in one way or another...we just aren't destined to get a GOOD F4 cast...why is it the fans always come up with better choices (well usually) then the studios?

He doesn't look like how the character is traditionally drawn, but Driver as Reed has always intrigued me. Not to be hyperbolic, but I really think there is a chance that that could go down as iconic casting in the vein of RDJ as Tony Stark.

Margot would be fine as Sue. She wouldn't be my first or second choice but she's a great actress so I don't doubt she could pull if off.

I'm not really familiar with Mescal and Diggs.

Regardless, I hope we get some kind of concrete casting new for the FF soon.

IF that cast ends up being the team, I am going to cry...all 4 miscast in one way or another...we just aren't destined to get a GOOD F4 cast...why is it the fans always come up with better choices (well usually) then the studios?

Who's your pick for Doom? I always saw Driver in the role, because I thought Kylo Ren was basically his audition.

At this point, I would qualify this alleged casting as a big IF, in terms of whether the scoop is valid.

There have been so many false alarms by "reliable scoopers" , that it's hard for me to really respond to the choices, until it's actually confirmed who the cast is .

Who's your pick for Doom? I always saw Driver in the role, because I thought Kylo Ren was basically his audition.

For Doom, I've always envisioned Mads Mikkelsen, at least his voice once in the armor/mask

If we are going to do a Darth Vader style set up (physical actor/voice actor), then Mads for the voice..a physical actor to be Victor? There is a Romani actor who has a Victor look to him named Charlie Clapham...I am not sure of his acting ability though....

Maybe I’m being too picky, but Robbie doesn’t have the “girl next door” approachability to me.

Sue should have a way of making you feel at ease - like you could just hang out with her casually and she’d be fun snd relaxed.

Maybe I’m letting the roles she’s played influance me unfairly, but Margot Robbie is a little scary and intimidating by comparison. I don’t feel like I’d be relaxed hanging out with her.

The perfect Sue would be highly empathetic - like she reads the person she’s with and knows what to do and say to make them feel comfortable. She’s not about herself, she’s concerned with other people.

Lily James would be my top choice for Sue above Margot. Lily definitely has more of a girl next door vibe. Margot still feels like Harley Quinn even when playing Barbie.

After all these years waiting for Marvel to get the rights back and do the F4 justice I have to admit I'm a bit deflated by that casting leak if its true. Oh well, it is what it is and all that.

you make a strong argument for Kristen Bell or Jodie Comer as Sue

Lily James would be my top choice for Sue above Margot. Lily definitely has more of a girl next door vibe. Margot still feels like Harley Quinn even when playing Barbie.

Lily is a great pick and so is your rationale. I think in the same vein, Jennifer Lawrence is very much the girl next door type casting and honestly she might kill it as Sue to the point people might even forgive/forget her star turn in the Hunger Games

Until the very last second...until the actual announcement is made...I will hold on to my hope for Jessica Rothe to play Sue. She is such a likeable on screen talent and would be a perfect fit for Marvel's style.

here is my humble attempt @ casting the 4 using the same scooper twitter style reveal:

261C1213-347F-4605-8A42-2308E2E4321E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"