Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Do you guys think we'll get Frankie and Alicia?

probably not in first movie... their wait to expand the supporting cast til their in the MCUverse

but, eventually

I've been thinking about the setting of this, what seems to be a retro futuristic 1960's. If the rumors about them losing their world is true and they end up in the mcu sacred time line then I think that's a perfect explanation of why Reed is the smartest man in the world. Imagine he's already the smartest in a reality where technology has likely far surpassed the main universe has, and then ends up in the main mcu. I think it'd really set him apart from the geniuses of the mcu.
If so, kinda makes me wonder about Doom's origin.....

I've been thinking about the setting of this, what seems to be a retro futuristic 1960's. If the rumors about them losing their world is true and they end up in the mcu sacred time line then I think that's a perfect explanation of why Reed is the smartest man in the world. Imagine he's already the smartest in a reality where technology has likely far surpassed the main universe has, and then ends up in the main mcu. I think it'd really set him apart from the geniuses of the mcu.

Franklin has been rumored. If I had to guess, I think he shows up. 50/50 on Alicia.

I was thinking if they do a Franklin pocket universe thing, then it would be possible for the F4 to be both originally from the main MCU and have them living on an "alternate Earth" in their first movie after which it is lost. Though that might be too convoluted perhaps.

I was thinking if they do a Franklin pocket universe thing, then it would be possible for the F4 to be both originally from the main MCU and have them living on an "alternate Earth" in their first movie after which it is lost. Though that might be too convoluted perhaps.
That's what my theory is as well.

That'd be cool. It remind me of the Heroes Reborn storyline from the 90s.

Assuming the filmmakers don't nerf him (as the MCU frequently does with OP characters), I don't imagine we'll see such grand displays of Franklin's powers from the outset.

They'll gradually build up to it, just as in the comics. (More fun that way!)

8534433-rco018_1468830461.jpg

8534439-rco009_1469229038.jpg

tumblr_nzvsldKJhQ1rvm5qqo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_nzvsldKJhQ1rvm5qqo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_nzvsldKJhQ1rvm5qqo8_1280.jpg

Assuming the filmmakers don't nerf him (as the MCU frequently does with OP characters), I don't imagine we'll see such grand displays of Franklin's powers from the outset.

They'll gradually build up to it, just as in the comics. (More fun that way!)

8534433-rco018_1468830461.jpg

8534439-rco009_1469229038.jpg

tumblr_nzvsldKJhQ1rvm5qqo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_nzvsldKJhQ1rvm5qqo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_nzvsldKJhQ1rvm5qqo8_1280.jpg
Can you see our Agatha babysitting snot nose kids?

4124f8ba25c4a70726875dd175f0bc1a81392f4b.gifv

Retro futuristic 60s sounds cool even if I originally preferred a present time period setting.

I hope the production team is having loads of fun designing the visual look of this film. I want it to look really cool, retro, futuristic and quirky at the same time.

I am just waiting for a trailer, to get a glimpse at the tone. If I see Reed acting like Starlord, or Tony Stark I will be disappointed. I just get the feeling Reed might end up as foolish.

Can you see our Agatha babysitting snot nose kids?

4124f8ba25c4a70726875dd175f0bc1a81392f4b.gifv

I have a post credit scene in my head where Sue is hurrying Reed to meet Franklin's new sitter who's at the doorbell. They open the door and you see Agatha introducing herself, then she does this at the camera.

giphy.gif

IT WAS AGATHA ALL ALONG also plays lol.

I am just waiting for a trailer, to get a glimpse at the tone. If I see Reed acting like Starlord, or Tony Stark I will be disappointed. I just get the feeling Reed might end up as foolish.

Pedro has become more known for playing serious roles. If it was John Krasinski I could easily see them going down the Iron Man, Doctor Strange, or Starlord path of making him a "funny guy" (part of the reason I never wanted him to get the role). I doubt that's going to be the case here. He'll probably be a lot more like Bruce Banner or the "straight" man of the group. The funny one will be Johnny who at times play off of Ben, Sue will be the heart, Reed - as per usual - the most serious of them.

P.s. I know John has range, but he's more known for playing comedic characters than not.

It'll be interesting to see how this one shakes out. I've been completely off on all casting and was vehemently against the FF being from another time/world and, yet, it looks like that's exactly what we're getting.

Nonetheless, I'm excited to see a new take on the Fantastic Four and willing to trust Marvel. True, the movies haven't all been homeruns recently, but I think the majority of good/great films outweighs the recent bad.

Late to the party, but I'm so hyped for this. FF next to X-Men has always been my most anticipated arrivals in the MCU, can't believe it's finally happening. Really like the cast, LOVE the idea of an alternate universe, just so much potential here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"