• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Pokémon It's the Pokémon Thread

Dwebble has a friend cause I'm calling Bug/Rock.

Just a thought, but the grass monkey is called Grookey. Groovy+Monkey. Given this is a European based region, maybe even more UK orientated. What if he's like a British punk rock style Pokemon. Everyone has been thinking shaman, but maybe the twig in his hair is just a hairstyle. Later on he has more punk like hair, and holds a branch like a guitar, or two twigs like drumsticks.

I'm probably wrong, but the English names of Pokemon are usually very on the nose. Spheal...a spherical seal. Scorbunny looks athletic, the gyms look like soccer/football stadiums, makes sense. So I just started thinking Grookey, a groovy monkey, probably has something to do with his evolutionary line.

Last edited:
hqdefault.jpg

Google's Game Platform Unveiled! - The Rundown
3.1K views 16 hours ago
Published on 19 Mar 2019
#PlayForever #Rundown #news Today in the Rundown, We have the first details on Google new cloud-based gaming platform Stadia! We also find out when Atari's new console the VCS will arrive, find out what's included in the first battle pass for Apex Legends, pull a new Call of Duty mobile game out of our pocket, find out what the Pokemon franchise might be stealing from Marvel, and finally, have an early look at Netflix's new interactive series with Bear Grylls!

0:36
<< Click here to watch Google Stadia

2:08Atari VCS delayed

3:04 Apex battle pass DLC
4:04 Call of Duty Mobile

4:55 (<<< Click here to watch if you wan just this ) PokéVers??

5:45 Netflix interactive You vs wild

source:The Electric Playground Network | EPN

Nothing game related, but the Pokemon YouTube community just exploded in a disgusting way. Multiple pedophilia, blackmail, and grooming scandals popped up over the weekend from some large Pokemon YouTubers. With others in the community admitting they knew about it, and kept quiet.

TheKingNappy (over 500,000 sub's) is being accused of pressuring two others into relationships when they were underaged. One of which was HoodlumScrafty (325,000 sub's), when he was 16.

Dekadurr (don't know much about him), was grooming under 18 year old girls. He pressured multiple female fans into send him nudes. He's since deleted his channel, and all his social media.

Mudkipmama (again, someone I know little about), apparently was targeting underaged guys as well. Though I don't know as much about this situation.

One Pokemon Youtuber said he pulled Dekadurr aside, asking him to, "Stop this pedophilia bull****". Others admitted they knew too. I knew the Pokemon YouTube community could be toxic, but I wasn't expecting this. After the stories came out, a few of them spent the weekend throwing each other under the bus telling various stories about each other.

Last edited:
Oh, this is absolutely not surprising. Anything that is largely targeted to kids with an adults actively a part of it needs to be kept a close eye on. Sort of side eye Yu-gi-oh along the same way...

So I want to look up what you guys posted but I'm afraid what YouTube will put in my recommended if I do.

So who's expecting Detective Pikachu will be ported to Switch when the movie drops?

Oh that would be fun! I’ve actually never played the game. I would definitely give it a go though

So who's expecting Detective Pikachu will be ported to Switch when the movie drops?
oh yeah ther was a game . but I don't think it made it west yet. it went quite too. yeah it should come out .

3 days ago
POKÉMON GO Manages To Make A Whopping $2.5 Billions In Revenue
Niantic's Pokémon GO has reached a new milestone by managing to make an impressive $2.5 billions in revenue worldwide, a few months away from its third anniversary.Read more

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

I think it could be a fun announcement for E3, but I also think that Sword and Shield are the main focus for Nintendo and the Pokemon Company for this year. All their eggs are probably going into that basket.

Recommended team for Pokémon Yellow?

I have grinded for quite a while to get a Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur already as I have just passed the Rock Tunnel section of the game so they will be taking 3 of my spots on my team.

The other 3 are currently the Pickachu you start with (im not attached to keeping, considering replacing with Zapdos), Dugtrio simply because he was a high level to catch at this stage and Magnemite simply because I needed a Pokémon to give Flash to.

What would you recommend for my other 3 pokemon?

Alakazam, and Dragonite were pretty strong in gen 1. Heck, I still use multi-scale Dragonite in newer games. Personally, I always liked Arcanine, but you already have Charizard. Honorable mentions to Cloyster, Gengar, Tauros, Snorlax, Gyarados, and Rhydon.

It's been awhile, but I forget if Yellow still had just the special stat. Since it got broken up into special attack, and special defense later. Red, and Blue just having special, and psychic having no real weakness at that point made Alakazam, and Mewtwo busted. Though you might be going for fun, or a theme more than power. Which is why I tossed a few names out there to spark ideas.

Alakazam, and Dragonite were pretty strong in gen 1. Heck, I still use multi-scale Dragonite in newer games. Personally, I always liked Arcanine, but you already have Charizard. Honorable mentions to Cloyster, Gengar, Tauros, Snorlax, Gyarados, and Rhydon.

It's been awhile, but I forget if Yellow still had just the special stat. Since it got broken up into special attack, and special defense later. Red, and Blue just having special, and psychic having no real weakness at that point made Alakazam, and Mewtwo busted. Though you might be going for fun, or a theme more than power. Which is why I tossed a few names out there to spark ideas.
IIRC, Alakazam, Mewtwo, Zapdos, Snorlax, and Articuno are the strongest in Gen 1.

IIRC, Alakazam, Mewtwo, Zapdos, Snorlax, and Articuno are the strongest in Gen 1.

Agreed. I typically set boundaries for myself, and don't use legendaries, which is why I didn't recommend the birds, or Mewtwo. But you're right.

Though I have laxed on that some. I do use mythicals now. I keep a Landorus, some Tapus, Vulcanion, and a few others leveled. I think I just like my in game team to be the same as one I can take online.

Yeah just wanted to have those 3 part of the team for sure. Thanks if I remember correctly I was a fan of Dragonite myself, its later in the game you can get him though right?

Considering trying to get Alakazam mostly just cause have read a lot of things that said Gen 1 psychic pokemon were seriously OP. Only issue is playing on an emulator so don't think I would be able to trade him to make him evolve.

Agreed. I typically set boundaries for myself, and don't use legendaries, which is why I didn't recommend the birds, or Mewtwo. But you're right.

Though I have laxed on that some. I do use mythicals now. I keep a Landorus, some Tapus, Vulcanion, and a few others leveled. I think I just like my in game team to be the same as one I can take online.

Yeah don't want to make it to easy, I think im going to try and add Zapdos to my team as my electrical pokemon will probably leave the rest of the legendaries. Was a little gutted as I just seen I have messed up the glitch to catch Mew lol.

Yeah just wanted to have those 3 part of the team for sure. Thanks if I remember correctly I was a fan of Dragonite myself, its later in the game you can get him though right?

Considering trying to get Alakazam mostly just cause have read a lot of things that said Gen 1 psychic pokemon were seriously OP. Only issue is playing on an emulator so don't think I would be able to trade him to make him evolve.

Yeah don't want to make it to easy, I think im going to try and add Zapdos to my team as my electrical pokemon will probably leave the rest of the legendaries. Was a little gutted as I just seen I have messed up the glitch to catch Mew lol.
If you can't get Alakazam, then Amnesia Slowbro or Exeggutor could be great subs.

If you can't get Alakazam, then Amnesia Slowbro or Exeggutor could be great subs.

Thanks, caught a Abra and found a video of someone explaining how to trade between emulators so got myself an Alakazam now:jd:

That’s 5 spots in my team taken and I think I will replace Pickachu with Zapdos once I get that far.

Not quite sure who will take that 6th spot yet although now I’ve figured out how to trade im very tempted to make it Machamp as he was always one of my favourite looking gen 1 Pokemon.

12 hours ago
Ryan Reynolds Releases New Trailer For The Highly Anticipated DETECTIVE PIKACHU
I'm not crying, you're crying...after watching this emotional trailer for the Detective Pikachu live-action adaptation, which Ryan Reynolds has recently shared online.Read more

| 4/22/2019
Filed Under: "Video Game Movies" Source: Ryan Reynolds
15515.jpg

We are only a couple of weeks away from the release of Detective Pikachu, the first live-action Pokémon movie and it looks like this might also just be the very first good video game movie ever made.

If we go by the two amazing trailers for Rob Letterman's Detective Pikachu, it is pretty safe to say that Pokémon fans, as well as general audiences, will thoroughly enjoy this movie that seems to have captured all of the elements that have made the Pokémon series such a household name.

Unsurprisingly, one of the elements that has made these trailers for the movie even better than they have any right to be, is the fact that Ryan Reynolds is playing Detective Pikachu. Not only is Reynolds the main character in the movie, but he's also one of the movie's main promoters, releasing some funny videos about the movie that feature his characteristic sense of humor.

The latest trailer that Reynolds shared for Detective Pikachu, however, is a little bit more emotional than the ones we're used to getting; proving that the movie won't just be a fun ride from beginning to end, but maybe even an emotional rollercoaster.

Take a look:

The first-ever live-action Pokémon movie, “POKÉMON Detective Pikachu” stars Ryan Reynolds as the titular character in the first-ever live-action movie based on the iconic face of the global Pokémon brand—one of the world’s most popular, multi-generation entertainment properties and most successful media franchises of all time.

Detective Pikachu will release in theatres on the 10th of May in 2019

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

It’s funny we haven’t heard a peep from Pokémon sword and shield yet. Do you think they’ll announce more at e3 next month? I’m dying to see if they’ve added Pokémon companions that follow you around when you walk like they did in Pokémon let’s go

A New Pokemon Mobile Game Is In Development

Pokemon Sword and Shield might have already been announced, but we now know there's another new Pokemon game on the way from DeNA. The Japanese developer, which has partnered with Nintendo on a number of smartphone games before this, says it plans to launch a new mobile Pokemon game in the coming months.

"[We] plan to launch a new and exciting smartphone game this fiscal year based on the globally popular Pokemon franchise in partnership with The Pokemon Company," DeNA stated in its latest financial report. "More details, such as information about the game and launch timing, will be announced later." The current fiscal year ends on March 31, 2020, so we can expect the game to launch before then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"