New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 2

I really don't get the hard on people have for getting this released on streaming. Especially when it seems like most of the people constantly bringing it up don't seem very interested in seeing the movie
This would have made peanuts at the box office, and depending on how long the industry is at a halt and/or what the theatrical landscape is like when the dust settles, this film seems like a prime candidate for streaming, especially if we get a more compressed schedule. Iger today (in an interview with Barrons) said there may be more films going to streaming. Not the big tentpole blockbusters obviously, many of which have moved.

This would have made peanuts at the box office, and depending on how long the industry is at a halt and/or what the theatrical landscape is like when the dust settles, this film seems like a prime candidate for streaming, especially if we get a more compressed schedule. Iger today (in an interview with Barrons) said there may be more films going to streaming. Not the big tentpole blockbusters obviously, many of which have moved.
Ok...none of that has to do with what I said. I never said anything about the box office performance.

What I said and mentioned is that I don't get the fascination that people have with this going to streaming from people who weren't even interested in the movie in the first place.

Ok...none of that has to do with what I said. I never said anything about the box office performance.

What I said and mentioned is that I don't get the fascination that people have with this going to streaming from people who weren't even interested in the movie in the first place.
Little interest = little box office. This just isn't a Hype thing. So logically the reaction would be streaming as a theatrical release is a waste, particularly in a potentially compressed schedule with less theaters. The film takes on a different value proposition for a streaming platform.

Little interest + little box office. This just isn't a Hype thing. So logically the reaction would be streaming as a theatrical release is a waste, and takes on a different value proposition on a streaming platform.
Again. I'm not saying that it shouldn't go to streaming.
Please read my posts.
I'm not saying anything about whether it should go to streaming.
What I'm saying:
For months/years I've seen certain people on here and Twitter complain about New Mutants. "It's gonna suck," "It looks bad," etc. And now I'm seeing the same people complaining about releasing it to streaming services. And I don't get why. Why are you so fascinated with a movie you did nothing but complain about.

So I don't understand why you keep bringing up reasons why it should go to streaming when I'm not arguing that

OK.

The 'hard on' has to do with wanting to watch something in isolation that they likely wouldn't have watched in a theater. :up:

OK.

The 'hard on' has to do with wanting to watch something in isolation that they likely wouldn't have watched in a theater. :up:
But that doesn't make sense to me when you spend years complaining about something. You've been saying it's gonna suck so why watch something just to complain about it. At least to the point of constantly tweeting/posing about it. It's like the people who complained about Twilight and went to see every movie

But that doesn't make sense to me when you spend years complaining about something. You've been saying it's gonna suck so why watch something just to complain about it. At least to the point of constantly tweeting/posing about it. It's like the people who complained about Twilight and went to see every movie
Well, if you like the source material, it seems you'll get around to watching something based on it eventually (the majority anyway), particularly if you can't leave your house and need a distraction. Curiosity is a strong pull, conformation bias is as well, there are always reasons a person can find to watch something.

Well because God forbid, if you want characters that you read/know from the comics to
A. Not to bomb at the boX office
B. To get a decent film adaptation that is quite faithful to the source material
C. To headline a film that doesn't look like a syfy movie

These mutants in this movie don't even wear their iconic costumes and aren't affiliated with Xavier's Institute for Gifted Mutants

Wait til someone throws the troll/attention seeker card.
Don't feed the troll man. They're desperate for attention

Good Lord.

That being said, I'll watch it even if I know it would suck. I've seen every Marvel movie. This is not gonna be an eXception.

I really don't get the hard on people have for getting this released on streaming. Especially when it seems like most of the people constantly bringing it up don't seem very interested in seeing the movie
Honestly, I think a lot of people want to hate watch it but would prefer not to pay money to hate watch it.

For me, its not a necessarily a hate watch but more like a requirement as I've seen every Marvel movie since 1998 (and every Marvel live action show since 2012). It's just something that I need to tick off from my watch list. I also want to be able to review and come up with my own thoughts after seeing the entire movie, rather than just read what people are saying about it. Its the same with other movies that got abad hype or bad reviews.

It would be a hate watch if I'm watching the movie again and again and I know I'm just going to hate in every repeat viewing. I haven't seen Dark PhoeniX yet since I saw it in the theaters and I don't think I've rewatched Apocalypse that much. The first 7 foX-Men movies, I have seen them likea dozen times.

Honestly, I think a lot of people want to hate watch it but would prefer not to pay money to hate watch it.
yeah this is about right. If it goes to steaming it also gives them the added pleasure of proclaiming "lolz this movie is so bad, they didn't even bother to put it in theaters lmao "

oU4pX5i.jpg

Amazon link

Yeah, not sure what everyone else is seeing, but I go to Amazon's New Mutants page and get two options: watch the trailer or add the film to a watchlist. No purchasing options. So Amazon either jumped the gun in putting it up or it was a fluke.

Yeah, looks like Amazon jumped the gun. But that does still suggest it's on its way to VOD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"