New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 2

So it’s fake... but it has new footage? Something smells really fishy here.

Either way, I will be very surprised if Disney schedules another theatrical release date for New Mutants.

The font gave away the fakeness for me. Also, HBO has the streaming rights for it so unless they made a deal with them, it’s not going to Disney+ first.

I’m not convinced it’s fake. Under normal circumstances I would also think it’s fake...but how do you explain the new footage?

So they're still planning a theatrical release and not releasing on Disney at all?

So they're still planning a theatrical release and not releasing on Disney at all?
I think it would be very difficult for them to keep delaying New Mutants for a theatrical release. Even before the pandemic, this movie was delayed multiple times and with no certain timetable on when theaters will re-open in many parts of the world(not just in the US) it just doesn’t make sense to keep this movie as a theatrical release.

There’s going to be a New Mutants panel on the Virtual Comic-Con this Thursday, and we’ll likely get an announcement pertaining to the release of New Mutants. Whether it’s yet again a delay to the Fall, or they announce the movie is being dumped on streaming is anyone’s guess. We’ll find out soon enough.

I think it would be very difficult for them to keep delaying New Mutants for a theatrical release. Even before the pandemic, this movie was delayed multiple times and with no certain timetable on when theaters will re-open in many parts of the world(not just in the US) it just doesn’t make sense to keep this movie as a theatrical release.

There’s going to be a New Mutants panel on the Virtual Comic-Con this Thursday, and we’ll likely get an announcement pertaining to the release of New Mutants. Whether it’s yet again a delay to the Fall, or they announce the movie is being dumped on streaming is anyone’s guess. We’ll find out soon enough.

I hope it is delayed indefinitely so that we do get this scenario:

• Wrong color and font
  • Inconsistent fading on D+ logo
  • Shoddy editing from previous TV spots and trailers with no new footage
  • Josh Boone said it's fake
  • Disney said it's fake
  • We already knew that HBO has the streaming rights
  • The fact that the movie is contractually obliged to be released in theatres
Though of course with enough money those last two could at least change. If not for the fact that Disney has been spending next to nothing on the Fox movies.

Still people on the internet: OMG it's coming to Disney+.

More from Boone on twitter, not my messages:
EdesExDXgAUhLBh

Last edited:
lol, “holding to our date.” Surely, that’s not even an option at this point considering the state things are in.

....Then again, it’s possible that tomorrow’s announcement will be that New Mutants will be internationally released in regions that have the virus under control and still have theaters open like New Zealand, Japan, and South Korea while the American release is postponed indefinitely similar to what’s happening with Tenet.

But New Mutants is a much lower profile movie than Tenet that costs much less to make. I don’t see a theatrical release being as much a necessity for New Mutants as Tenet. Either way, I know I’m not seeing New Mutants in theaters even if they don’t announce it goes to streaming on tomorrow’s comic-con panel.

I like the very self-aware "we keep getting delayed" thing in the beginning and the trailer looks pretty good too. I just wanna see this damn thing already, but we'll see how this release date goes.

John Campea said in his show that HBO has first streaming rights for this movie, referring to an IGN article. So unless Disney paid HBO, it's unlikely to end up on Disney+ first.

The voice over and opening scene don't really mesh well to me but it's probably just because it's been released as an internet clip. The new clips of Magik look excellent.

I assume it hasn't gone to streaming yet do to contracts or something.

But that HBO thing is interesting. That could be a reason why it being put on streaming hasn't happened yet too

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"