Official Street Fighter IV Thread

Live report from Capcom Gamer's Day in London
[Oct 17, 2007
Street Fighter 4
Development has just begun and the release of the game is more than a year away. No platforms are yet confirmed - a highly stylised animated concept trailer of Ryu and Ken fighting was shown, but no game footage.
Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice
A new character and new series starring a rookie lawyer. Phoenix Wright makes an appearance but is not the lead character. Made specifically for DS.
Lost Planet (PS3)
Avaialable early next year and will include all bonus characters from the PC version and extra downloadable content from the 360 version making it the complete package. Made possible with Blu-ray. 16 player online over the PSN.
Dark Void
A new sci-fi action-adventure IP. Trailer showed third-person and air-vehicle gameplay with a character wearing a steam punk jetpack, skydiving and landing in the cockpit of a gyroscopic aircraft, and then jumping and climbing through airbase fortesses.
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD (Xbox Live Arcade)
The game will feature a spectator mode and is scheduled for a 2008 while the team try and get zero lag for the online mode. Also features stat tracking and widescreen. Original music from Street Fighter 2 will be used, plus remixed versions of all those tunes.
Wii Love Golf
From the Everybody's Golf team comes a cutesy golf sim, that looks slightly more technical than the PlayStation versions. Players can fade or draw the ball by twisting the Wii-mote when taking a swing.
We'll have more from our man in London later.

http://www.n4g.com/ClickOut.aspx?ObjID=75249

:woot:

So instead of more Alpha / III characters (you know Karin, Mika, Hugo, Elena), we get Evil Ryu AGAIN (a pointless and stupid storyline) and ANOTHER version of Akuma because apparantly Shin Akuma wasn't cheap enough, ugh!

What a waste. With that said, Guile will make things better:

[YT]rwh32JpZH6s[/YT]

so whats the deal? are we getting Yang/Yun and the new evil shotos, or is this just the arcades teasing us?

Capcom's Captive event on April should shed some light in regards to AE for console, I would be really surprised if it arrives on disc instead of DLC mainly because of what Ono have said many times before, about he and the company being aware of what brought the SF franchise down in the past (i.e. people getting tired of too many updates at retail)

yea i was cool with buying SSF4 cuz it almost felt like a new game. and even though id really like to play with Yun and Yang, theres no way id buy a third disc for them and 2 evil shotos.

yea i was cool with buying SSF4 cuz it almost felt like a new game. and even though id really like to play with Yun and Yang, theres no way id buy a third disc for them and 2 evil shotos.

Agreed. Ill buy some DLC, but i wont buy another SFIV, regardless of how many upgrades are made.

They could do like they did with RE5: Gold Edition, releasing DLC upgrade for exisiting owners or disc release for non SSF4 owners. As long as they offer options its all good to me really.

Another interesting point is how the AE content will be presented for consoles, the 4 characters and their cinematics are a given, but Ono mentioned that console SSF4 was already carefully balanced and that the major buffs and nerfs done to AE were done in purpose to "motivate the competivity aspect of the Arcade scene" or something of sorts and that those changes were not adecuate for consoles; I take it that no major changes will be made to the cast on consoles and Yun won't arrive as his Godlike self already on Arcade machines.

Spoonman said:
They could do like they did with RE5: Gold Edition, releasing DLC upgrade for exisiting owners or disc release for non SSF4 owners. As long as they offer options its all good to me really.

Hadn't thought about that. That would be the best approach that I can see.

Spoonman said:
Another interesting point is how the AE content will be presented for consoles, the 4 characters and their cinematics are a given, but Ono mentioned that console SSF4 was already carefully balanced and that the major buffs and nerfs done to AE were done in purpose to "motivate the competivity aspect of the Arcade scene" or something of sorts and that those changes were not adecuate for consoles; I take it that no major changes will be made to the cast on consoles and Yun won't arrive as his Godlike self already on Arcade machines.

This wouldn't work. They're putting this out ASAP for EVO 2011. Forcing players to learn a fourth version, after all this waiting for the third, is the same as saying "please don't bother moving to our new standard, play Marvel or MK." They'll probably make a few changes to known issues with AE and mostly port it as is.

I'd like to know how they'll patch online versus. Can't see how they can charge for it. Otherwise, they'll have to host dedicated servers for paying customers, and that's self-defeating in a few key ways. But if it's free, that's a lot of changes to fit in one patch. I've only seen PC games changed this much from initial release.

Hadn't thought about that. That would be the best approach that I can see.

This wouldn't work. They're putting this out ASAP for EVO 2011. Forcing players to learn a fourth version, after all this waiting for the third, is the same as saying "please don't bother moving to our new standard, play Marvel or MK." They'll probably make a few changes to known issues with AE and mostly port it as is.

I'd like to know how they'll patch online versus. Can't see how they can charge for it. Otherwise, they'll have to host dedicated servers for paying customers, and that's self-defeating in a few key ways. But if it's free, that's a lot of changes to fit in one patch. I've only seen PC games changed this much from initial release.

But what would be to learn if everything else stays the same as it was in the first console release and the 4 new comers are just adjusted to fit in the console ecosystem? But I see your point, that would still contribute to further divide the community so probably the best approach would be to homogenize everything and for AE DLC to mirror the Arcade like for like.

Henry Cen, an NYC arcade owner and notable gamer, just said on the Guard Crush Revival stream that the Arcade Edition arriving on consoles in June will be tweaked, with four characters on top of the four already in there. Henry confirmed AE in June late last year before anyone else. Take that as you will.

^Wow, a total of 8 new characters then? That would make another disc release seem more reasonable now, I want Rolento in the game at last!

if that is true and we get 8 new characters and its on a disc, i will (1) hate Capcom for forcing me into the position of wanting to buy yet ANOTHER copy of Street Fighter 4 and (2) like to see somebody like Alex, Birdie, Sodom, or Karin or bring in some characters from EX. didnt particularly like the games but i did like some of the characters- Kairi, Cracker Jack, etc.

^I actually kinda liked the first EX, but the characters are a no go for Capcom, they are owned by ARIKA, the developer of the EX series, and Capcom won't go for all the trouble to include any of them in SSF4 unfortunately.

This better be DLC. I cant imagine even Capcom would expect people to buy a third version of the same game. I mean who am I kidding, this is Capcom. Most people have moved on from SFIV. They would have to incluide something pretty substantial for me to even consider getting this.

maybe, MAYBE if they give us 8 characters plus bring back Championship Mode from SF4. Tournament Mode is a great idea but it sucks having to wait for 8 strangers in a lobby, most of which leave after 30 seconds. that was the best thing about SF4 online. but dont give it its own independent ranking system this time around.

oh and add to some of tag mode. nothing hectic like MVC, but if Mortal Kombat can do that PLUS give us 300+ offline challenges, Capcom has to step it up.

Last edited:
I'm glad I didn't get Super Street fighter now, I always used Evil Ryu back on Alpha 3 and had hoped they'd include him on Super. I think I will get this one although I wish they had included Sean, he was awesome!!

ooops looks like I jumped the gun a lil, they're saying its just for arcades and perhaps it will be DLC for SSF4

Looks like I will have to buy it in the end lol

A video for SSFIV AE DLC has leaked from ConsoleTech.com. The rundown:

• Intro for Evil Ryu- "My name is Ryu! This Hado...it gives me power!"
  • Intro for Oni- "I am not human! The gates of Hell await!"
  • Enhanced Replay Channel- My Channel Advanced lets you send favorite Replays to others, you can view an Elite Channel with uploads from players with 3000+ PP, and the Replay Follower uses a search function to help you find and subscribe to your favorite players' Replays.
  • Yun and Yang will be available, plus all intros and endings for the 4 characters and their alternate costumes.
  • Matches can be played against people with regular SSFIV, so you can choose which version you'd like to play.
EDIT: Watch the video at this Imageshack mirror.

Last edited:
im assuming capcom with be charging for this new dlc. whats gonna happen with people who don't want to upgrade? is there gonna be a patch that lets you fight people using the new characters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"