Official Street Fighter IV Thread

According to Gaf, yes, you will be able to fight those with the dlc even if you don't have it.

They'd require a patch to be balanced for regular Super, and it'd decrease the incentive for people to buy the AE DLC. Some people seem to think you'll be able to select AE Ryu vs. Normal Ken like in Super Turbo, but I'm thinking it'll just be an option in Versus to play either against people with the patch in that version or without in theirs.

EDIT: Majinhurricane on the SRK SSFIV board found this banner update in the Xbox 360 Marketplace.

21716910150147846754333.jpg
34ri2oh.jpg

21716910150147846754333.jpg

Last edited:
So they are releasing their next DLC just in time for Mortal Kombat? Looks like there's some more one-up-menship between Capcom and WB. It's been pretty intense over the last three years. Are they setting up for the ultimate fighting game cross over ever: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe vs. Marvel vs. Capcom?

I'm excited about the DLC, as I hate incomplete games. I do hope this is the final version though. I just wish the controls in SSFIV:AE were a little easier like in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I have neither the time nor the patience to learn all of those complex moves.

Oni's now (legally) playable in AE. These are his Ultras in HD:

Artwork and move list here.

so who is this guy, just Shin Akuma on steroids?

Somebody please bring on the Captive 2011 news, work blocks almost every other site :(

The gist is: SSFIV AE will be available June 28 in North America (24 in Europe) for PS3, 360, and PC. It's a disc and DLC release. The disc will cost $40 USD, and the DLC upgrade costs $15 or 1200 MS points. Seth Killian claims it's the last update for SFIV planned (where have I heard that one before). The EVO 2011 and CEO game tournaments have also announced it as the new standard version of SFIV.

Wow, $15 is surprising. I was expecting $20 at the least since MvC3's characters are $5 each.

I think I will be picking this up.

The gist is: SSFIV AE will be available June 28 in North America (24 in Europe) for PS3, 360, and PC. It's a disc and DLC release. The disc will cost $40 USD, and the DLC upgrade costs $15 or 1200 MS points. Seth Killian claims it's the last update for SFIV planned (where have I heard that one before). The EVO 2011 and CEO game tournaments have also announced it as the new standard version of SFIV.

Actually as per Yosinori Ono it's June 7th not June 28th.

Yeah, I read somewhere else that is June 7 for DLC and disc release for both PS3 and 360 are supposedly June 24 in North America and June 28 in Europe (notice I have these dates in reverse compared with the poster above). A PC version has been confirmed (of AE of course) to be released sometime in July of this year.

hmm....$15 for four new characters.....is there anything else being offered in AE?

hmm....$15 for four new characters.....is there anything else being offered in AE?

I think I've heard something about having some extra modes or something. Either way, that's actually a good deal compared to the MvC3 rip-offs.

yea i saw that on the psn store, Jill and Shuma Gorath downloadable for $5 EACH!? screw that.

^AE is almost a completely new game also, they really changed alot in the balance department, all of those changes are going to be applied to the game with the very same $15 DLC. You will probably have to re-learn the tactics of your main or even move to another character altogehter. Both posibilities I see as positive because they keep things from getting stale IMO.

EDIT

There is also something about new replay channels or more options to them, don't remember well, other stuff like following certain players and be notified whenever new replays from those players are available.

SparkNotes version: Rebalanced cast, 4 characters added, Replay Channel filter options, title displays in matches, and the choice to play regular SSF4 or AE.

Amazon has the box cover for the disc version of AE and a release date of June 28 at $40. I am seriously tempted to trade in my SSF4 copy and get the disc release instead of the $15 DLC, it may sound like I am crazy but I don't know, I would just preffer to have a phisycal copy for historical purposes or for whenever I want to take the game out to a pal's house, I am still undecided as to what to do, because the DLC comes Junes 7, so I would have to wait 21 days to get the disc version.

i think i'll pass.

i believe they nerfed guile again for no reason.

Spoonman said:
Amazon has the box cover for the disc version of AE and a release date of June 28 at $40. I am seriously tempted to trade in my SSF4 copy and get the disc release instead of the $15 DLC, it may sound like I am crazy but I don't know, I would just preffer to have a phisycal copy for historical purposes or for whenever I want to take the game out to a pal's house, I am still undecided as to what to do, because the DLC comes Junes 7, so I would have to wait 21 days to get the disc version.

Depends. If you like or don't care about the balance changes, a hard copy wouldn't hurt. But Capcom hasn't said if the AE hard copy comes with regular SSFIV. If you get it as DLC, you can decide whether or not you like AE and still have Super around to play.

I think I will to. What does this add, just new characters? I dont care for any of the new ones.

yeah. i might as well just wait until tekken x sf if i want to get a new game similar to sf iv.

Depends. If you like or don't care about the balance changes, a hard copy wouldn't hurt. But Capcom hasn't said if the AE hard copy comes with regular SSFIV. If you get it as DLC, you can decide whether or not you like AE and still have Super around to play.

According to Sven from Capcom Unity boards, the only release which won't let you choose between regular Super and AE will be PC version, because PC never had Super in the first place, but anyways I really don't mind the changes in AE and I preffer to stick with the definitive version that the community will be playing, so if the disc version for console locks me up to just AE (which I doubt, at least per Sven) I am Ok with it.

should I buy super street fighter IV, or wait for ultra street fighter IV arcade edition?

i think i'll pass.

i believe they nerfed guile again for no reason.

its dumb....U2 damage nerf, reduced his ability to build super meter, and i believe an overall damage nerf. I guess they felt during play testing Yun and Yang got destroyed 8-2 or something, so Guile had to be trashed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"