Street Fighter V

The art style of SFV is what I think of a SF game in the 2010s. Obviously there were differences from the previous games but they kept the "look/spirit" of Street Fighter. For me that was missing in Marvel VS Capcom Infinite compare to the first two MVC games.

For SFVI, I want a more photo realistic graphics, but I want them to keep the body type/look of the characters like the big muscles, big legs, spiky or glossy hair.

Considering that's where SFV initially ran into trouble, I would not expect it. Especially since SFVI seems to have already lost a year of development.

Is SV VI likely to be on PS only?

I kind of doubt it. I don't think the current SF VI issues have caused as much of a money hole as the SF V development has.

Is SV VI likely to be on PS only?
I have heard rumors/rumblings of some kind of PS exclusivity for SV VI. but, who knows how true those are?

I'd like to think that SF V turned out to be enough of a success that Capcom should have no problem making SF VI themselves without needing Sony to "help" them. Street Fighter isn't some niche, obscure fighting franchise, and SF games have long been multi-plat. So, I'd think that SF VI should be multi-plat.

However, given that SF V was a PS console exclusive, and given the other rumors/rumblings that Sony has been aggressively locking down 3rd party exclusivity deals for PS5 (for big name titles that will make people "mad"), I also wouldn't be surprised if SF VI ends up being a PS5 console exclusive again, or at least has some kind of timed exclusivity on the PS5.

I have heard rumors/rumblings of some kind of PS exclusivity for SV VI. but, who knows how true those are?

I'd like to think that SF V turned out to be enough of a success that Capcom should have no problem making SF VI themselves without needing Sony to "help" them. Street Fighter isn't some niche, obscure fighting franchise, and SF games have long been multi-plat. So, I'd think that SF VI should be multi-plat.

However, given that SF V was a PS console exclusive, and given the other rumors/rumblings that Sony has been aggressively locking down 3rd party exclusivity deals for PS5 (for big name titles that will make people "mad"), I also wouldn't be surprised if SF VI ends up being a PS5 console exclusive again, or at least has some kind of timed exclusivity on the PS5.
Capcom overall is doing much better as a company now than it did at the end of last gen. They definitely dont need Sony to help fund SF6 and I doubt it'll be exclusive. Theres a whole lot money to be made being on all platforms an if anything, the PS5 will get exclusive content

Capcom overall is doing much better as a company now than it did at the end of last gen. They definitely dont need Sony to help fund SF6 and I doubt it'll be exclusive. Theres a whole lot money to be made being on all platforms an if anything, the PS5 will get exclusive content
that's a good point about Capcom. Monster Hunter World and the 2 Resident Evil remakes have been successes. Hopefully, that bodes well for SF VI being multi-plat. Though, as a Playstation owner, I certainly wouldn't complain if SF VI has some kind of PS5 exclusive deal. :)

It also would be nice if Capcom brought back some of their other fighting game franchises, like Dark Stalkers and Rival Schools. Akira being a guest character in SF V is great, but it would be even better if we got a new Rival Schools game for the new consoles.

Ideally, the fighting game side of the company will recover with the reshuffling Capcom has done.

It also would be nice if Capcom brought back some of their other fighting game franchises, like Dark Stalkers and Rival Schools. Akira being a guest character in SF V is great, but it would be even better if we got a new Rival Schools game for the new consoles.

Should Akira actually be considered a guest though? Because like Final Fight, Rival Schools is part the same universe as Street Fighter.

Sakura camefrom Rival Schools,so nope. Lots of characters from Final Fight also appeared in SFV (Zeke, Lucia, Abigail etc..) and I don't consider them as guests.

that's a good point about Capcom. Monster Hunter World and the 2 Resident Evil remakes have been successes. Hopefully, that bodes well for SF VI being multi-plat. Though, as a Playstation owner, I certainly wouldn't complain if SF VI has some kind of PS5 exclusive deal. :)

I would like a current gen Darkstalkers!

It is fun watching this games last Evo.

What's happening?

Idom started top 8 in the losers bracket. And to get to the gran finals, he had to go through Daigo and Tokido, which, I don't keep track of the SF scene really, but I know those names. And in the Grand Finals, he reset the bracket. And then it was a brutal final, going up to 2 wins each, with each having a single victory in the final game. And that final, final game came down to pretty much hit priority. A different hit priority, and Idom would have been the winner.

It was intense.

Idom started top 8 in the losers bracket. And to get to the gran finals, he had to go through Daigo and Tokido, which, I don't keep track of the SF scene really, but I know those names. And in the Grand Finals, he reset the bracket. And then it was a brutal final, going up to 2 wins each, with each having a single victory in the final game. And that final, final game came down to pretty much hit priority. A different hit priority, and Idom would have been the winner.

It was intense.
Thanks for that. Sounds like a good watch. I looked for a video but it was nearly 5 hours long lol. Do like seeing the best fight it out, especially when dramatic.

Thanks for that. Sounds like a good watch. I looked for a video but it was nearly 5 hours long lol. Do like seeing the best fight it out, especially when dramatic.

I missed a chunk of the tournament when I got dinner, but when I came back I caught the last three matches. It was good. Kind of want to watch it all now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"